LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Marcus Lattimore on Bowman's recovery time table: "There's no need to rush the best linebacker in the NFL back," Lattimore said. "An extra 10-11 months, he'll be fine."
Originally posted by Marvin49:

2) Richard Sherman: Undoubtedly the biggest pr*ck in the NFL. I've been on a few sites that are actually defending him, saying Crabtree tried to "start a fight" with him, etc, etc. Ya know what? That dude isn't just an a$$hat, he's also a boldfaced liar. I don't believe a single word that comes after his mouth. I remember his "account" of how he congratulated Harbaugh after the week 2 game and how the video showed that he comp[lately made up what happened. He never game Harbaugh the chance to respond before he ran away. It pretty much puts a slant on every single thing I hear from him. Crab said earlier in the week that he didn't think Sherman was the best and that he didn't pay attention to particular players...just teams. THAT was what Dick Sherman responded to. Seriously? THAT comment is the reason you make yourself look like a moron on National TV? The sad part is that the guy is good. REALLY good. He's smart. He's dedicated to his craft. If he would shut his mouth he'd actually get the respect he claims he never gets. I might actually have rooted for the Seahawks 2 sundays from now but I can't bring myself to root for that piece of trash. What absolutely BLOWS ME AWAY is how all I read from Seahawks fans is how big a douche Harbaugh and Kaepernick are. They b***h and complain about how those two don't respect them. They see NO ISSUE with Shermans antics. Unbelievable hypocritical.

Go Broncos.

I enjoyed and agree with pretty much all you posted, but I think you deserve extra credit for pointing out the bolded in this part of your post.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
When are you sore losers going to stop blaming the refs? I guess Kap's 3 fourth quarter turnovers had nothing to do with the loss?

Shut it. No one made you the internet police. Fans will deal with the loss as they see fit.
There was an article about that Crabtree-Sherman confrontation last summer I think on CNN's site. In it, a neutral observer said the part about the handshake was right, but as far as he could tell, it was Sherman who was getting in Crabtree's face and instigating a fight which Crabtree was just trying to laugh off. Sherman is very talented and gifted as a player, but he seems very emotional and almost delusional about some things best case. And worst case, he's just a liar.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by BobS:
When are you sore losers going to stop blaming the refs? I guess Kap's 3 fourth quarter turnovers had nothing to do with the loss?

Shut it. No one made you the internet police. Fans will deal with the loss as they see fit.

Right on, kray. BobS, do us all a favor and go away.
The oline. This was a huge reason we lost. I don't completely blame them though. Here is where the 12th man comes in: The snap count advantage goes away with that much noise, when that happens everyone has to play straight up. That led to clogged running lanes and no run game. This was a HUGE reason we lost.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
The oline. This was a huge reason we lost. I don't completely blame them though. Here is where the 12th man comes in: The snap count advantage goes away with that much noise, when that happens everyone has to play straight up. That led to clogged running lanes and no run game. This was a HUGE reason we lost.

that and 8/9 in the box, sprinkle predictable play calling on 1st down, and we're 2nd/3rd and long.
Yep. I agree. If we had even semblance of a running game we definitely win that game. Seattle is susceptible to the run... the home field advantage thing is actually pretty annoying, given the fact that their stadium amplifies sound. Not trying to take anything away from the crowd, but there is an artificial advantage which is stupid.
Originally posted by socalniner:

that and 8/9 in the box, sprinkle predictable play calling on 1st down, and we're 2nd/3rd and long.

Yup. The crowd noise makes it much easier for the defense to get a great jump off the snap. Seattle already has a great defense. When they're at home, they're very dominant.

It's difficult because no matter what you do, Seattle is never going to back out of that look. That is their scheme. Cover 3 and load the box. They can pull it off because the secondary is so great. They get the best of both worlds, great coverage and a loaded box.

Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
He choked. There was a linebacker underneath and the best corner in the league on Crabtree's hip. 50 seconds on the clock with two timeouts left, he forced a low percentage completion. There were many options, he chose the wrong one, that's a choke.

Choke?

It's was a good throw, Sherman just made a better play. And there was not 50 seconds left, clock was under 30 and I honestly feel Kap felt like his had to rush it.

I'd like to ask Coach Carroll if he liked the match-up and situation with Sherman on Crabtree's hip, a low percentage fade route w/ a linebacker underneath. Remember the sideline is like another defender. We're talking about what is a game of inches, inches between a mistake and a touchdown. Kaep made a mistake, and I gaurantee Coach Carroll loves that match-up everytime.
Dean Blandino (head of officiating) decided to admit that NFL goofed on Bowmans fumble but conveniently left out the non roughing call on our punter which could have sealed the game. F#%k You Nfl.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Dean Blandino (head of officiating) decided to admit that NFL goofed on Bowmans fumble but conveniently left out the non roughing call on our punter which could have sealed the game. F#%k You Nfl.

Of course, admit one mistake its a simple oops admit to multiple and people start to question the officiating. Make it look like an oops and the fans just look like whiners, I am surprised Harbaugh took this loss with the level of grace he did though, even though he was steaming after most of the s**tty calls. Looks like Jim is growing up a little bit to give a little better reflection of the organozation. I just hope he doesnt give up the fun he has messing with the medias heads.
I dunno, watching 49ers football all these years, this game was like a creepy flashback to the '83 Championship game where the refs jobbed us, and the Skins limped into a Superbowl slaughter.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I dunno, watching 49ers football all these years, this game was like a creepy flashback to the '83 Championship game where the refs jobbed us, and the Skins limped into a Superbowl slaughter.

Personally i think thats whats going to happen here, other then Seattle isnt exactly limping, but I dont think they really understand what Manning and that offense can do to them. Sherman is used to covering receivers smaller then. I dont think hes going to look like the greatest db against a receiver his size, faster, and more physical then him.
Share 49ersWebzone