LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

2013 - NFC Championship Round: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jeffjtk123:
I am happy with the throw. It was balsy and showed confidence. There are a ton of younger QB's in the NFL who lack confidence and luckily kap doesnt. Confidence, even if it costs you, is huge.

It was basically our best vs your best. Sherman won the battle. Whatever it happens. Sure we can look back and say "oh patton was open" "oh call a timeout." Dude made a gut check move and failed. If that ball is a tad higher its a TD.

The chancellor INT was horrible.

But I refuse to sit here and blame Kap when he is going to be sick. Hes young. We have good players locked up everywhere, and if we let Iupati walk and restructure gore we should be able to fit Kap, Aldon, and Crabs under the cap.

FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

I do agree on principle that it was a ballsy shot to take. Can't be scared to take the shot.
Sherman BARELY broke that up. It wasnt a "bad" decision. It was just a balsy play that didnt turn out. Crab maybe could have played it better i.e. battle sherman for the ball but in reality it was a gut check play. I hated the result but loved the try. Was close to a TD
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Man, A. Davis really needed some help in this game.
Then again, I've seen him get absolutely abused in some other games this season too, so it's really nothing new.
Originally posted by ace52:
Man, A. Davis really needed some help in this game.
Then again, I've seen him get absolutely abused in some other games this season too, so it's really nothing new.

He is just a terrible pass blocking linemen. If it were not for that extension he signed, I would not be surprised if Baalke opted to keep Iupati instead.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
I agree, everyone keeps saying how we are going to re-load with all these drafts but the last 2 drafts with a lot of picks has only produced Eric Reid thus far. We should have taken Reyes over Tank but we'll see what he can do next year. Hopefully Lattimore can stay healthy and can produce to. Blowing that Jenkins pick is going to catch up with us though if it has not already

How about Keenan Allen over Vance "Dropped Balls and Penalties" Mc Donald??...Reid was Harbaugh's choice---he wanted him at Stanford. Baalke has been awful the last 2 years.
You go af the weakness of the Seattle defense and I seriously doubt Sherman is the weak spot in thier defense. Let's just say Carol would not of called that play. And Manning less. I would like to know who called that play. And Seattle played more physical. Like giving 110% on each play. And the 49ers looked a little tired in 2nd half. That's what a rotation can do for you.
Thoughts on last play - instead of deep pass to Crab, a check down to Hunter would've gotten us inside the 5 yardline.. Timeout would've been called with about 20 seconds left and 1 TO remaining..
This team can't catch a break that's the bottom line.. Sherman jumped as high as he can and got his finger tips on the ball.. Thrown alittle harder that ball goes over the same leaping Sherman's head and into crabs hands for the game winning TD that would've sent me streaking around my block.. It's sickening.

Also very dissapointed in Vernon Davis.. He played soft and looked intimidated, where was the fire and intensity from Vernon on the field ? I didn't send that at all..

Boldin played well but had 2 key drops..

15 yard penalty on Whitner was Horses**t.. LMJ getting his facemask ripped off his head didn't even draw a flag.. Not getting the roughing the kicker call have the ball to Seattle on their own 40 instead of a 1st down for SF on our own 40.. Talk about momentum swing.

f**k the Refs..
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Just re-watched the game, my first time on TV since I was there. The refs were even worse than I thought!

1. The Andy Lee call was horrendous! That would have kept the drive going, possibly led to points, at minimum gave us better field position. The Seahawks next drive resulted in the Lynch TD.

2. The Carlos Rogers penalty took us from our own 40 to our own 25. We had two timeouts we could have at least tried to get into field goal position.

3. The Whitner helmet hit was clean. 15 yards. Changed field position quite a bit.

4. Bowman was clearly down with control. We ended up with the ball so it wasn't a huge deal, but still mentally deflating.

And again, being at the game you can see the full 22 at once, and the Seattle DB's hold on EVERY play. And WAY down field. Even on the passes we did complete, their DB's are hanging all over our WR's. I don't know how they get away with that nonsense.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Just re-watched the game, my first time on TV since I was there. The refs were even worse than I thought!

1. The Andy Lee call was horrendous! That would have kept the drive going, possibly led to points, at minimum gave us better field position. The Seahawks next drive resulted in the Lynch TD.

2. The Carlos Rogers penalty took us from our own 40 to our own 25. We had two timeouts we could have at least tried to get into field goal position.

3. The Whitner helmet hit was clean. 15 yards. Changed field position quite a bit.

4. Bowman was clearly down with control. We ended up with the ball so it wasn't a huge deal, but still mentally deflating.

And again, being at the game you can see the full 22 at once, and the Seattle DB's hold on EVERY play. And WAY down field. Even on the passes we did complete, their DB's are hanging all over our WR's. I don't know how they get away with that nonsense.

Roughing the kicker was such an obvious call that Aikman/Buck and the NFL shill himself Pierriea said it was an easy call and should've been a 15 yard penalty and niners balls on their own 40... But instead we punt from our 25 and Seattle has great field position on their own 40, led to a TD..

Power of the zebras.. Absolutely Dispicable Calls and Non calls went against us..

What about Lamichael James having his facemask ripped off of his head and dragged down?
No flag, no penalty.. Ofcourse......
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Roughing the kicker was such an obvious call that Aikman/Buck and the NFL shill himself Pierriea said it was an easy call and should've been a 15 yard penalty and niners balls on their own 40... But instead we punt from our 25 and Seattle has great field position on their own 40, led to a TD..

Power of the zebras.. Absolutely Dispicable Calls and Non calls went against us..

What about Lamichael James having his facemask ripped off of his head and dragged down?
No flag, no penalty.. Ofcourse......

The lmj one got me it seems to be the only one not talked about much also.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Love the optimism dude. Kap is a baller and he will be better. He made some plays that were mind-blowing.

I can't say I'm happy with the throw, or the decision. It's great to have confidence, so long as it doesn't blind your judgement. Kap failed to recognize the matchup and that Sherman was in perfect defensive position. That's the time to be smart and live to fight another down.

This.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The lmj one got me it seems to be the only one not talked about much also.

Or the holding on the big return?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
This.

Or the holding on the big return?

Massive holding was also missed on jones 103 yard kick return TD in last years SB.. I seriously stop and think if the refs hate harbaugh so much for calling them out on the field that they intentionally screw his team over with bad calls and non calls.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Furlow:

5 total brutal, game altering calls made against us and still one perfect pass from winning the gm.

I feel sick after watching those gifs. Just sick. What are the odds of a 4th straight NFC title gm
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I literally got choked up posting that, especially the Bowman one. Had no idea how truly awful those calls were. And every one of them, EASILY reviewable and changeable. Just disgusting.

Referees should be the equivalent of the goal posts, pylons, yard markers, and the scoreboard. They should not, in any way, shape or form, determine or influence the outcome of the game. Of course, that would mean the league, owners, and Vegas sports books giving up control and power - so it will never happen.
Share 49ersWebzone