There are 165 users in the forums

The common theme in the last 3 season-ending losses.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Can the refs call holding on long returns?
common theme is we lost 3 championship games to marginally worst or better teams(all debatable except the marginal part)

This team has everything it takes to be a contender, and none of what it takes to whoop up on a good opponent.

If this team had a top 10 type of QB, it would be the closest thing to a dynasty in the 21st century

p.s. If we could have morphed Kaep and Alex, we would be in toe ring territory when all was said and done
[ Edited by danimal on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM ]
By far the 4th and 7 TD pass !!! CK really had an opurtunity last years SB and this years INT to Crabs X2 - I hate that we keep getting so close
3 turnovers in a row to end the game

thanks kaep
[ Edited by NinersGiants on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Can we draft a real punt returner?

Just think how much that would have helped recently. Maybe learn how to catch, tackle and maintain lane integrity. Might help a little.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
We had less points on the scoreboard
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trying to force it to Crabtree again to end the game. Ugh....
Bad 4th quarter, we just failed to close it out. The fumble, the 1st interception...then the no timeout before the last heave...and the last heave... Bad awareness and decision making all around.

If we call a time out and gather ourselves , maybe he doesn't throw that last INT. We'll never know.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I was wondering, even on punts, why the hell we just don't kick it out the back of the EZ and make them go 80 yards. TWICE they burned us. Why is this coaching staff so blind/stubborn at times?

truthfully speaking, i'm going *only* by Madden 25 and the few times I've actually paid attention to a kickoff. I don't think dawson has the leg for it.
Originally posted by mayo49:

That's the pattern. That's what he always does. Because he doesn't see the whole field.

maybe the fact we could barely block at all for the entire game was an issue.
As a longtime niner fan im pissed . Dissapointed wouldnt even begin to describe how i feel . In my past posts i said harbaugh fails to win the big games for us and losing to seattle may have been the biggest . Id rather have a crappy year and draft high then to have us go so far and loose . Where were our wideouts in the first half of that game ? whos the problem kap or the recievers? We all hyped kap but besides the runs he did that was a terrible first half , crabs , boldin and davis were silent . I promise u manning completes at least 10 passes in the first half agianst the hawks . Where does gore vanish too all the time ? Roman abandons the run way to early we shoulda kept pounding the rock . Alas niner fans the lose hurts more then most and ive lost faith in harbaugh and big games . We have a fun team to watch but thats all we may ever have under harbaugh , so enjoy the games fellas smile and high fives all around just dont get yr hopes up for a superbowl any time soon . Its a sad sad week for all of us .
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by susweel:
all that could be solved by signing a kicker with a monster leg who could kick the ball out the end zone every time.

I was wondering, even on punts, why the hell we just don't kick it out the back of the EZ and make them go 80 yards. TWICE they burned us. Why is this coaching staff so blind/stubborn at times?

This. Make them try to go 80 yards on us! The way our D was playing, I would have liked our chances if we consistently made them start at their own 20. We were getting good pressure on Wilson and containing him...don't help him and their O out by giving them good field position to work with. Dawson has been great making field goals, no doubt...is his leg not strong enough to kick the ball through the end zone on kickoffs (or, at least deep into the end zone)? Also, besides the good punt that pinned them inside their 1 yard line, Andy Lee didn't have his best game. But, Lee's been a rock over the years in helping us win the field position game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:

That's the pattern. That's what he always does. Because he doesn't see the whole field.

In all fairness, had the ball been put on the back pylon it would have been a TD. It was slightly underthrown. Against Sherman it needs to be perfect.
Share 49ersWebzone