LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

The common theme in the last 3 season-ending losses.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Special teams.

2 years ago: 2 Kyle Williams muffed punts led to Giants scores.

1 year ago: Jacoby Jones kickoff return for a touchdown to start the second half.

This year: Doug Baldwin 69 yard kickoff return to set up a Seattle field goal.
you could also argue that in 2011 or 2013 we're not even there without our special teams.
In the playoffs you face teams with elite special teams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
all that could be solved by signing a kicker with a monster leg who could kick the ball out the end zone every time.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Special teams.

1 year ago: Jacoby Jones kickoff return for a touchdown to start the second half.

The kickoff return wasn't what killed. Letting Seattle convert on 4th and 7 for the go ahead TD was the nail in the coffin.
Originally posted by drakan:
Special teams.

The kickoff return wasn't what killed. Letting Seattle convert on 4th and 7 for the go ahead TD was the nail in the coffin.

True,but Rogers had great coverage. It was a superb throw by Wilson.
Colin Kapernick had a chance to win the game three times.

He committed three turnovers.

That's your ballgame fellas.
Special teams.

I disagree. It automatically set them up in field goal range. That field goal contributed to the 9ers having to score a touchdown on the last drive, instead of being down by only 3 points.
Originally posted by susweel:
all that could be solved by signing a kicker with a monster leg who could kick the ball out the end zone every time.

I was wondering, even on punts, why the hell we just don't kick it out the back of the EZ and make them go 80 yards. TWICE they burned us. Why is this coaching staff so blind/stubborn at times?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Colin Kapernick had a chance to win the game three times.

He committed three turnovers.

That's your ballgame fellas.

Yup. Three straight turnovers in the fourth. Luckily our defense kept bailing us out to even get those chances.

Getting screwed by zebras but letting ourselves cover their intentional mess ups.
Special teams.

I disagree. It automatically set them up in field goal range. That field goal contributed to the 9ers having to score a touchdown on the last drive, instead of being down by only 3 points.

at that point you're playing for overtime which is a total crap shoot anyways. i think their go ahead td on 4th down was the punch in the gut. they finally took the lead. they dont even trust their kicker from 52 or 53 and get a td out of it. huge momentum swing.
Special teams.

that play was the turning point i agree, changed the momentum of the game. seattle was doing jack s**t before that play.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
that play was the turning point i agree, changed the momentum of the game. seattle was doing jack s**t before that play.

Turning point was the TD on 4th & 7.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
I haven't posted anything on here since the loss yesterday. But I've noticed our secondary has been getting burned in the playoffs since I don't know how long. I was worried about our secondary before this game. Not saying that the secondary was the only reason we lost. But once again the secondary gets burned in another big game. Overall our defense played great but the secondary got burned again. Our secondary has been our weak link for years and needs to be addressed in my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone