LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Get drunk, go to the Kit Kat Ranch and party w/the girls, go play poker.

speaking of.. what kinda bankroll we lookin at in the ranch?
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
the lost to the giants was by far the worst lost ive ever experience. this is nothing compare to that game.

In 1986, the Niners won the division and then in the first playoff game, they got beaten 49-3 by the Giants. Joe Montana went to the hospital and couldn't return to the Bay Area with the team. Now, that's a beating.
drink a 6 pack and pulling for the broncos
Take a break from sports. I have come to terms that Kaepernick was the reason we lost that game, but I'm super proud of him taking responsibility. I have a great feeling he is going to come back with a vengeance next year.
Forget about it and move into off season mode. All you can do. I have Hockey as well, but as far as football goes, its off season time, which i have grown to enjoy as a big part of my football fan experience. On to a new year and a new hope.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I get up off the mat and start again. All I know how to do.
NCAA basketball, NFL Draft, Champiobs league, and tennis majors
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM ]
I'm much better now than I was yesterday and early today. It sounds insane to get that worked up over football but anybody who frequents this site like we do (coupled with the fact that I write weekly for Niners Nation, and try to attend at the very least one game a year) it's brutal.

We invest a lot in this team and it stings. But offseason will be here and, in the end, it's just like another team that doesn't win the Super Bowl.

Be thankful for family, friends, good health, and other things in life that matter most, and be happy to watch the team have more opportunities down the road.
It's a process. The first few days I just take it out of my mind. Then it becomes like a mourning period and reflection. Finally I watch the replay and take everything into consideration. The end of the season is tough enough, I watch baseball and basketball but I'm mainly on automatic pilot watching. I guess the wonderful thing is that the slate is clean with the NFL draft and the new season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's a process. The first few days I just take it out of my mind. Then it becomes like a mourning period and reflection. Finally I watch the replay and take everything into consideration. The end of the season is tough enough, I watch baseball and basketball but I'm mainly on automatic pilot watching. I guess the wonderful thing is that the slate is clean with the NFL draft and the new season.
i will never watch the replay of games like that and the super bowl,, i know that is how some guys get over things and thats fine. i am just not that mentally strong

It definitely hurts, and it comes in waves. I'll be fine but suddenly my mind will wander back to the game and I'm heartbroken all over again. The best medicine is time. It's corny but its true. Time heals all. The worst thing you can do is obsess over the what ifs. It is what it is, and that's the only way it was going to transpire.

All we can do is disconnect for a little and come right back like every other year, ready for free agency and the draft. All the hot stove chatter. I love that part of the offseason just as much as i enjoy some parts of the season. Looking forward, that's the best you can do. Don't look back.

An if you're having a hard time looking forward, just imagine Lattimore stiff-arming the shiz out of Sherman, as he crosses the goal line. Or Carradine, Aldon, and Navarro all gang-sacking Wilson. Cus, I promise you all. It'll happen.
I'm pissed and debating on picking up an 18 pack of beer. The podcast, The Best of Mike and Mike in the morning, summed up my thoughts. They both agreed the 49ers were the better team and were done wrong by the refs. Maddog on XM radio also agreed the refs screwed us! Granted our three 4th qtr turnovers didn't help either. Losing Bowman for much of next season is like pouring salt on a huge open wound. So yep, I'm just laying low from social media (taking the high road) and my girlfriend, who's a Seahawks fan. I feel sick to my stomach!!! Bottoms up! Burp!
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1084-lest-forget49ers-faithful-have-much-thankful-look-forward/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it's just now starting to hit me that we lost Sunday.
Im over it. Just remember there is more to life than football. I got lucky because right when the game ended my dad put on this random show which was documenting "The Lost Boys". Basically they were sending people from africa to america because of the civil wars and crazy things going on where they lived. Made me realize that there are way worse things in the world than losing a football game.
[ Edited by xela510 on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone