There are 281 users in the forums

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Losing 2 pro bowlers to season ending leg injuries on the goal line twice is terrible bad luck.. Couple that with the devastating loss.. I'm fcuking numb ... There wasn't a niner fan on the planet that didn't think we would win at halftime.. You live and die with Kap and he absolutely put the stake in out hearts in the 4th qtr.. When it was time to redeem himself he teased us to a 1st down on the 18 yard line of Seattle and 3 timeouts.. Converted on 4th during the drive, further teasing the fans into thinking we would win. Kaep had the rifht play but slightly under threw Crabtree to end the game in excruciating fashion.. I hate Carlos Rogers and I hate Harbaugh even more for putting that bum on the field.. Whitner? Really? Once a game he has to get stupid and allow a 55 yard fluke bomb to be completed to reverse momentum.. And screw the refs for failing to call roughing the kicker on our punter.. I'm literally sick today have not slept since that pass was tipped.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
gotta put things like this in perspective with real life man. f**k it.... move on.
I took 2 Tylenol PM before bed so that I would just sleep through the night and not wake up at 3am thinking about it like I did last year. Worked pretty well
Also thinking about my wife being pregnant and us finding out the gender this week helped put things in perspective.
I go on the webzone and continually write f**k sea and f**k sherman.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I took 2 Tylenol PM before bed so that I would just sleep through the night and not wake up at 3am thinking about it like I did last year. Worked pretty well
Also thinking about my wife being pregnant and us finding out the gender this week helped put things in perspective.

if it's a boy, u know what you gotta do.

Navorro Hoovtrain
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

if it's a boy, u know what you gotta do.

Navorro Hoovtrain

Done and done
Avoid watching any highlights of the game, then reflect back on what a great season the 49ers had and thankful that this team is competitive (The 2002-2010 seasons feel so far away now). It's a tough loss but time will heal all wounds. The 2014 49ers will redeem this loss.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
xnxx>search>"seattle whores bukakke"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by theduke85:
I have to make a confession. I think that winning it all is kind of overrated. And that's not sour grapes talking -- I truly believe that. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and a 49ers fan. Both teams have made deep, deep runs into the playoffs the past few years. St. Louis won it all in 2011, but otherwise that's five failed attempts (STL in 2012, 2013; SF in 2011, 2012, 2013).

Getting deep into the playoffs is a real treat. We watch sports to be entertained. To get to watch your team for extras games in a playoff atmosphere is huge. St. Louis winning it all in 2011 didn't feel that much better than watching the epic Super Bowl last year, or the instant-classic from last night. Ultimately, win or lose, it doesn't really have an impact on my life. And even when you win it all, does it really make that much of a difference? I mean, a week after the victory the novelty wears off and you say to yourself, "okay, it means nothing now -- at the start of next season we start over with a clean slate and last year doesn't matter at all." Bragging rights in the offseason? Whatever. Adding another trophy to the case? Oh well.

Again, this is not sour grapes. And this is not a "loser" mentality. I know it will rub people the wrong way, but this is genuinely how I feel.

In the past, losses would've been devastating for me. After we lost the Super Bowl last year, I thought I was going to be crushed. I wasn't. I wasn't crushed when St. Louis lost the World Series last year either. I wasn't crushed when we lost last night. In all sincerity, I would take a well-run organization that is consistently competitive over the long-term than World Championships.

I can always handle losses as long as the games were competitive and entertaining. Being entertained is more important than winning.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm serious!

Don't get me wrong, I love winning, but being highly entertained falls just behind it.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I have to make a confession. I think that winning it all is kind of overrated. And that's not sour grapes talking -- I truly believe that. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and a 49ers fan. Both teams have made deep, deep runs into the playoffs the past few years. St. Louis won it all in 2011, but otherwise that's five failed attempts (STL in 2012, 2013; SF in 2011, 2012, 2013).

Getting deep into the playoffs is a real treat. We watch sports to be entertained. To get to watch your team for extras games in a playoff atmosphere is huge. St. Louis winning it all in 2011 didn't feel that much better than watching the epic Super Bowl last year, or the instant-classic from last night. Ultimately, win or lose, it doesn't really have an impact on my life. And even when you win it all, does it really make that much of a difference? I mean, a week after the victory the novelty wears off and you say to yourself, "okay, it means nothing now -- at the start of next season we start over with a clean slate and last year doesn't matter at all." Bragging rights in the offseason? Whatever. Adding another trophy to the case? Oh well.

Again, this is not sour grapes. And this is not a "loser" mentality. I know it will rub people the wrong way, but this is genuinely how I feel.

In the past, losses would've been devastating for me. After we lost the Super Bowl last year, I thought I was going to be crushed. I wasn't. I wasn't crushed when St. Louis lost the World Series last year either. I wasn't crushed when we lost last night. In all sincerity, I would take a well-run organization that is consistently competitive over the long-term than World Championships.

I can always handle losses as long as the games were competitive and entertaining. Being entertained is more important than winning.

dude, it is sour grapes

Originally posted by cciowa:
one of my co workers brought in home made chocolate chip cookies which helps and when i want to smile about last night i just think about our big fat center picking up the ball and running with it

LOL your co-workers are nice... my office was filled with tissues on the floor, a banner of richard d******d sherman, empty f**kin starbucks cups, and a god damn space needle pencil along side a Seattle mouse pad.... that was even before i turned my computer on to see the 40 troll emails....
I can't stand how football has so many more casual fans (like females, yeah I said it, and other guys). These people aren't really into football and don't know much. What they do is wait for the time and then go onto social media and start talking s**t just to get a rise out of people. So many niner haters. They just cheer for whoever and their favorite player is now Whoppi Goldberg. Before the explosion of fantasy and social media, it was more real fans. People would talk s**t, but it was fan to fan thing. Not this bandwagon b******t of people who don't know s**t. And the reason I said females is because my facebook was bombarded with all these b***hes who don't know s**t about football but were just going on and on to piss of Niner fans. I don't get that.

Off my soapbox, the best way to deal with it is just disconnect. That's what I did last night. Get off of the computer and TV. Play with your kids, go for walk, play with the dog, anything. Just disconnect.
Get drunk, go to the Kit Kat Ranch and party w/the girls, go play poker.
Just be thankful we root for one of the handful of teams that are serious contenders. Vegas already has the Niners as one of the three favorites to get to the Super Bowl next year. They gave us a thrilling season. Kaepernick spent most of the season trying to become a pocket passer, something he has never done before, and he had some serious progression in that. Harbaugh and his coaches will continue working with him on that. The defense was incredible. Crabtree came back faster than anyone expected. We may have a new legitimate receiving threat with Patton. They've got a boatload of draft picks again. They've got a bunch of redshirts coming in next year - Carradine, Dial, Lattimore and Culliver will be back. And, the schedule is a LOT easier next season. The road schedule next year is like the opposite of this year - much easier.
the lost to the giants was by far the worst lost ive ever experience. this is nothing compare to that game.
Share 49ersWebzone