There are 207 users in the forums

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Saddened for a day or two
Still will wear my NINERS hat every day ! and my coat. on tues

I guess since ive been a fan thru the 80s ive already felt the real feeling of following our niners and winning 5 times !

Im more saddened for the young ones thru the teens that haven't experienced it'

Harbs said it best after last years bowl game........

WE BLEED A LITTLE NOW ......

BUT WE WILL RISE UP AND BECOME STRONGER !
I come to NT and discuss what areas we can improve upon for next year and be thankful for an amazing year!
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I drink a lot the day of the loss
Then I listen to all the could of beens and the what ifs
I get extremely quiet (which is a rarity in itself if you know me)
I want to be alone
Never rewatch that loss
2-3 days I'm ok
Never forget it but I move one
And invest myself deeper in the team and it's offseason activities
Devote myself more to the current sports (hockey- kings, basketball-lakers, baseball-dodgers)
And then the roller coaster ride resumes

im exactly the same...been growing thick skin these pass three seasons
Get front row Super Bowl tickets, wait for Matt Prater to nail the game winner, and yell "GIVE ME THE HOT SAUCE!" and proceed to dump a bunch of hot sauce on sobbing Seahawks fans
Since I'm new to this forum but I've been a die-hard 49ers fan since 1981, I live 4 hours north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've never been to a 49ers game live in San Francisco but hoping to go to a game in the new stadium. Yesterday's loss was heartbreaking but not as bad as last year's Superbowl loss to Baltimore when they had 4 chances to score from the 5 yard line. The GM has built a great defense and Kaepernick needs a little more seasoning to be a "Young-type" quarterback running the offense. After cursing at the tv last night, I've had a day to reflect and realize the great season the Niners had after losing the Superbowl last year. They could have been like Baltimore and not make it to the playoffs but they made it to the NFC championship game to loss to the hated but very good Seahawks. Now I hope the Broncos kick the crap out of Sherman and the rest of the Seahawks. Looking forward to next season.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Just accept it. Accept that R. Sherman made a great play and he did. If it wasn't for that tip we would be talking about the broncos matchup.
I'm definitely proud of our team and the way they battled to the end (especially bowman).
  • da209
  • Veteran
Just accept it. Accept that R. Sherman made a great play and he did. If it wasn't for that tip we would be talking about the broncos matchup.
I'm definitely proud of our team and the way they battled to the end (especially bowman).
Just keep living life and realize that football is just a game.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Play with my kid & enjoy life

Seriously right! I'll listen to KNBR (like I am right now) to listen to the critics and get some post team news....then after that move on with life and enjoy the summer.

Heres to looking forward to the 2014 season in teh new stadium.
I play with the kids a little, lay them down for bed, and then go to the gym and take out my real anger. Then wake up the next morning and remember that my Niners are just a piece of my life not my whole life (at least i try to remember that )

• NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by redrazer45:
Saddened for a day or two
Still will wear my NINERS hat every day ! and my coat. on tues

I guess since ive been a fan thru the 80s ive already felt the real feeling of following our niners and winning 5 times !

Im more saddened for the young ones thru the teens that haven't experienced it'

Harbs said it best after last years bowl game........

WE BLEED A LITTLE NOW ......

BUT WE WILL RISE UP AND BECOME STRONGER !

I was born in 87 so i missed the winning years tho I do remember the 94 victory but than again I was 7 and wasn't taking it all in like I would right now at 26. I grew up following more in depth in our losing years but stayed with the team since elementary school. Now Im finally getting a taste of winning games but falling short of a Super Bowl win. I can say its nice to finally nice to be winning. but still waiting for my first Super Bowl victory superbowl experience.
Last night my mind was repeating, "4th quarter 1st down 40 seconds to go, 2 time outs, why did they rush the play call?"
" Why did you throw towards Sherman?" "Why am I still wearing Kaepernicks Jersey", "Carlos Rodgers, why did you blow that 4th and long TD vs Kearse?" "Why did that have to happen to Bowman?"

I can't even be mad at the Seahawks. They played a nice clean game except for 2 things in my mind, the hit on the punter and tackling LMJ by the facemask. I'm not even mad at Troll Sherman. It's what I get for loving Deon and TO at one point in my life.

Today I have a day off. Exercise and Running. Looking forward to the Warriors getting to the playoffs, and looking to see if the Giants are doing something about left field. Wear my all black with black logo reebok 49ers hat for the week to mourn the end of a great season.
It's not easy, but being off today did wonders for me...allowed time to reflect on how many positive things we have as fans to be thankful for with our team. The thoughts of Lattimore, Carradine, Dial, returning Bruce Miller, Ian Williams, Bowman, Culliver give reason for plenty of hope. And...the 13 picks Baalke has stockpiled for the upcoming draft. This is a great organization with smart people in the front office and on the field. We will win more championships...count on it.
im with the not too serious crowd.

if they win its amazing. if they lose it stings for a bit, but i hit a little hard liquor, watch some archer and laugh my ass off a couple times and then forget about it. take the lebowski approach.

ahh f**k it dude, lets go bowlin;
Share 49ersWebzone