LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

How do you deal with football heartbreak? (The Keep It Real Edition)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I put it behind me and look forward to the next game/season.
my gf came over and "cheered me up" as soon as we lost. i forgot there was even a game that day until the next day
No espn or no nfl network. I didn't even go to this site or nfl.com for about a week lol
I root against the team that ended the 9ers season and out of the playoffs Bowl. This year.... Go Bronco's!!!!
try not to think about it cuz i get a burning feeling in my chest every time I think about losing to the seahawks and with sherman making the final play aka THE NIGHTMARE scenario

yes it happened
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
the lost to the giants was by far the worst lost ive ever experience. this is nothing compare to that game.

this times a million
How to deal with a heartbreaking end to the 2013 season? Remember that the team is undefeated for the 2014 season.
Originally posted by crake49:
How to deal with a heartbreaking end to the 2013 season? Remember that the team is undefeated for the 2014 season.

I would think you would reccomend smoking crake.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crake49:

I would think you would reccomend smoking crake.

If I want to focus on being undefeated for the 2014 season, there's a much better substance to smoke. Unfortunately, I do consulting work for the defense department and it involves periodic drug tests. I'm so clean it hurts.
Seahawks lose this Sunday and all Niner fans are healed.

Lehs go Peyton!

It's the first time I've ever had reason to root for Peyton Manning and I'm kind of looking forward to it. If anything can beat that Seahawk secondary, it's multiple receiver sets and quick passes. I'm worried about the cold wind, though. This won't be your average Super Bowl and Manning's completion percentage goes down below 50% when the wind is over 20 mph. His arm is not nearly as strong as it used to be.

But, another way of dealing with the heartbreak is to know that either way, win or lose, the Seahawks have a huge contract/cap problem facing them this off season. They've got 7 or 8 players who count more against their cap than the Niners most expensive players. They've got to deal with resigning Sherman, Bennett, Haushka, Thurman and a few other key players. And they've got two receivers and an offensive lineman, Harvin, Rice and Okung, who account for about $34 million (!) in cap space alone. They have 8 players who account for $7 mil or more in 2014 cap space. Sherman thinks he's the best corner in the game and he's got a real hard spot for what Revis got, so he is absolutely going to want to get paid. Golden Tate was their only consistently productive receiver so he's going to want to get paid. Objectively, they are in a much worse position with player salaries than the Niners are.
The older you get the more disappointments you've had, so you adapt better. However, the scars remain.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The older you get the more disappointments you've had, so you adapt better. However, the scars remain.

That reminds me of Pacino's speech in On Any Given Sunday. "Getting older is all about having things taken away from you." (or something like that)
bump
Waiting for SEA fans to come in and talk smack to them......
Share 49ersWebzone