LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

An UNSUNG HERO will RISE in the NFC Championship GAME

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I don't think it's gonna be some surprise player that blows up this game.

If the OP post is about the speech then this thread belongs in the Lot, but it is one of the best movie speeches of all time.

You're wrong in your mocking here RabidNiner, because it is one of the best speeches in film.

I'm sure the people on here who believe in eutopian ideals love Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, and Braveheart's is good, there's a good one in Gladiator, 300, the park bench in Good Will Hunting, LOTR, and others, but Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday is one of the top 10 (so is his speech near the end of Scent of a Woman).

If you can't see how it translates to the lives of all of us you aren't paying close enough attention because he makes it pretty clear in the speech. That's one of the main reasons I personally like the speech so much, because one of the reasons I've always loved football so much is because of how easily the game equates to life.

Even with pictures of 49ers I don't think the video really works though. It's much better in the original form:

It is arguably the best sports movie speech in all of film, and deserves a spot in the top 10 among all films.:

Amen Brother !! Go NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This! A real football movie addressing the professional game in a very honest depiction and a very motivational speech. I would have run through a wall for that guy or walked on a bed of fire with a beehive on my head

same here... Patton could be the guy who emerges on championship Sunday!
It HAS to be Kendall Hunter, Boobie Dixon, or LMJ.

SEA is prone to allow the swing passes on the edges to get open once their CB's drop into their deep third coverage. This should also make them vulnerable to runs to off tackle or to the edges or possibly, draw plays. All three of these guys work well with those swing passes and two of them work well with the runs on the edges.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I don't think it's gonna be some surprise player that blows up this game.

If the OP post is about the speech then this thread belongs in the Lot, but it is one of the best movie speeches of all time.

You're wrong in your mocking here RabidNiner, because it is one of the best speeches in film.

I'm sure the people on here who believe in eutopian ideals love Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, and Braveheart's is good, there's a good one in Gladiator, 300, the park bench in Good Will Hunting, LOTR, and others, but Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday is one of the top 10 (so is his speech near the end of Scent of a Woman).

If you can't see how it translates to the lives of all of us you aren't paying close enough attention because he makes it pretty clear in the speech. That's one of the main reasons I personally like the speech so much, because one of the reasons I've always loved football so much is because of how easily the game equates to life.

Even with pictures of 49ers I don't think the video really works though. It's much better in the original form:

It is arguably the best sports movie speech in all of film, and deserves a spot in the top 10 among all films.:

Which is what I pointed out in the first place the OP states it's the best "football speech", my argument is that it's a movie...therefore cannot be one of the best football speeches. Congrats on liking the movie and the "fake" speech but I could give 2 sh*ts about some false bravado when the director is yelling cut.

Hopefully this clarifies my position.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Well, it's certainly the best part of that movie, IMO.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Patton or Brooks will win this game
CJ Spillman
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Andy Lee
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Quinton Patton
Gore-- Frank the tank; he's been clutch.

• buck
  • Veteran
Greg Roman

Originally posted by susweel:
Andy Lee

On second thought-- he is key for field position, change my answer.
They're going to be so intent on stopping Boldin, Crabtree and Davis that Patton is going to sneak out there and catch some big gains, at least one for a long TD.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Patton has shown he can be the guy that can make one big play with limited opportunities. wouldn't be surprised if he made a big play on Sunday.

This. I see a big play out of him.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Patton has shown he can be the guy that can make one big play with limited opportunities. wouldn't be surprised if he made a big play on Sunday.

This. I see a big play out of him.

Or Eric Reid.
Share 49ersWebzone