There are 301 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sounding like Rogers is getting ready to get back on the field this Sunday. Don't know about the rest of you but, would this really be the best move? Brock is playing at a high level and Rogers may not be 100%, and even if he were, I think Brock is the better player at this stage of Rogers' career. Why tinker with a formula that's currently working? Hopefully, they'll use him in nickel situations and Leave Tramaine as the starter.
I dont think they´d put Rogers in as starter, i think he would play the slot and let Brock and Brown play their current positions.
Harbaugh said he will have to earn his way back onto the field
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Harbaugh said he will have to earn his way back onto the field

hot hand is brock so i think we'll see rogers in the slot or something. Brock has done enough to earn that spot
Keep his ass on the sidelines. CR needs CPR to revive his career. Doubt that will happen. He has been a liability out on the field. constantly getting beat. Always trailing opposing wide-outs as they make the catch. And the thing that pisses me off every time that happens CR seems to look around as if others missed their assignment. Thanks for your service but its time to move on.
An I the only one that rather have cox still in as the nickel? I'll even wright over Rogers at this point, every time I see Rogers he's always trailing the wr and giving up plays. Dudes just too slow
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
An I the only one that rather have cox still in as the nickel? I'll even wright over Rogers at this point, every time I see Rogers he's always trailing the wr and giving up plays. Dudes just too slow

Not at all. I would definitely rather have Cox or Wright in there as the nickelback and Brown/Brock as the starters. The defense is playing lights out right now so I hope they don't change it up.
Originally posted by Disp:

Not at all. I would definitely rather have Cox or Wright in there as the nickelback and Brown/Brock as the starters. The defense is playing lights out right now so I hope they don't change it up.

Cox hasn't been playing well...and he beat out Wright! I would leave Brown and Brock as the starters and bring in Rogers for any nickel action.
Originally posted by Disp:

Agree 100%. Rogers isn't terrible, but he's clearly lost a step and the younger guys play with much better coverage.

Cox is a pretty talented player btw. Very happy when we brought him back. He was actually on the fast track to being a starter in Denver before a legal situation almost ended his career.
If Rogers has a great week of practice let him play, but I swear if I see him get beat for huge plays for 1 series his ass better be replaced. Our other cbs give up their share of plays but none do like Rogers. Our secondary and d as a whole gave Rodgers his lowest yds in his career during the playoffs at lambeau without Rogers and last Sunday held the panthers to 10.

Cox is the hot hand right now

in Order of playing time
Cox
Wright
Rogers
Idk, I agree Cox has shown he can be better in coverage, but I'll take Carlos' experience and run defense in this game over Cox's slightly better pass coverage
Rogers sucks

keep that clown on the bench
Rogers has to be the starter again, Harbaugh does not bench players due to injury!
You guys are ridiculous. Cox over Rogers? HA! Have you not seen Cox tackle in space. Hes awful and he gets pushed off in the run game. fa
Fact. After rewatching both the Seattle games Rogers is clearly the best option at NB. He was excellent at tackling in space and he's the best run support corner on the roster. Say what you will about his coverage but all our DBs have been getting beat. None of them our lockdown CBs. Brown gave up that TD to Smith. Plus Rogers had good coverage against Seattle so that may be a good WR core for him to cover. Ultimately we need his run stopping abilitg on the field as much as possible to prevent Lynch from breaking off any big ones.
Share 49ersWebzone