LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 153 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let Rogers walk and bring back Brown and pair him with Brock and Culliver.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dara:
Cut him and give Boldin his contract

Yeah this.
IF we lose Whitner and IF we have no better prospects, maybe a pay cut and convert him to safety as a stopgap measure? He's stout against the run and a hard tackler. Just a thought.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
IF we lose Whitner and IF we have no better prospects, maybe a pay cut and convert him to safety as a stopgap measure? He's stout against the run and a hard tackler. Just a thought.

Like the idea, but I think he may break at that position. He's getting older and at this point, a high impact position like safety, may have him on the sideline for a good part of the season.

On the flip side, how hard can it be to sign Whitner. It's not like Strong Safeties are commanding that much on the market. They kinda share the Running Back issue, atm.
Don't forget Cully is coming back.

No room for Roger's 6 million salary. Now if he wants to come back at 3 I'm all ears.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Don't forget Cully is coming back.

No room for Roger's 6 million salary. Now if he wants to come back at 3 I'm all ears.

What is so good about Cully? He destroyed us in the SB.. Flacco had a field day targeting Cully. Made him look like a fool out there. Not a fan of Cully at all..
Brown and Brock are the only keepers. Whitner , he can go also.. I'm tired of his once a game mandatory 15 yard penalty and Atleast one blown coverage for 56 yards..
His anticipation is awful.. I'm still hung over from the NFCCG.. What a killer loss.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
What is so good about Cully? He destroyed us in the SB.. Flacco had a field day targeting Cully. Made him look like a fool out there. Not a fan of Cully at all..
Brown and Brock are the only keepers. Whitner , he can go also.. I'm tired of his once a game mandatory 15 yard penalty and Atleast one blown coverage for 56 yards..
His anticipation is awful.. I'm still hung over from the NFCCG.. What a killer loss.

+1
CB Carlos Rogers $6.6 million ($8.09 million) is just wow, make more than Frank Gore the heart and soul of the team. I don't see him returning at that price. Needs to take a pay cut. How much do we save in cap if he's not on the team when the new league year starts?
I'd rather take his brother Aaron
link

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
link

lol link, what! go read all the articles on the front page if you don't your dead to me as a niner fan...
It's Rogers and there is a bunch of discussion on if he is worth bringing back or not here:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/176627-carlos-rogers-return/

To answer your question we would save 5,105,468 of the 8.094,531. 2,989,063 would be dead money. We can split that dead money hit over 2 years if we make him a June 1st cut but here is what AB said about June 1st cuts: "Problem with a June 1 cut is you cant use the cap space until june 1st. If we did it, it's an even split, cause he has 2 yrs left under contract."

Anyways, we will probably ask him to restructure to something like 1 year 1.5-2 million dollars to be our #3 or 4 cb and he will likely decline so he will be cut. His value of himself is a little much and he will probably go sign with another team for about what we would offer him. Maybe a little longer deal something like 2 years. His best days are behind him and I thought he was pretty good in 2011 and decent in 2012 and 2013. 2 or 3 is a little high for him he's more of a good #4 and I don't get why we insisted on putting him on the quick slot receivers. We should have had Brown our quickest guy covering them and put Rogers on the bigger WRs. Just Fangio's way of playing we don't match our #1 vs their #1, their 2 vs our 2... our CB's stayed on their side even when they switched WRs.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
It's Rogers and there is a bunch of discussion on if he is worth bringing back or not here:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/176627-carlos-rogers-return/

There's also talk of whinter and yet we have a thread about who will replace him
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
There's also talk of whinter and yet we have a thread about who will replace him

I added more so go back and read my post, what you wanted to know is in there. At least change the thread title if you can and get the guy's name right. And it's Whitner but that might have been just a typo.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2014 at 1:27 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol link, what! go read all the articles on the front page if you don't your dead to me as a niner fan...

I can post a blog/article i want jj.watt,patrick peterson,ETC.... DOSEN'T MEAN ITS TRUE
Share 49ersWebzone