LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
MODS, Can we lock one of these Rogers Return thread? Probably this one the other has more people posting in it.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
What is so good about Cully? He destroyed us in the SB.. Flacco had a field day targeting Cully. Made him look like a fool out there. Not a fan of Cully at all..
Brown and Brock are the only keepers. Whitner , he can go also.. I'm tired of his once a game mandatory 15 yard penalty and Atleast one blown coverage for 56 yards..
His anticipation is awful.. I'm still hung over from the NFCCG.. What a killer loss.

Because prior to that one game he was ranked as one of the very best CB's in the NFL? Also, your comments are pretty ridiculous, he didn't have a good game but you're greatly exaggerating things, he's a high quality CB and still has room to develop.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What is so good about Cully? He destroyed us in the SB.. Flacco had a field day targeting Cully. Made him look like a fool out there. Not a fan of Cully at all..
Brown and Brock are the only keepers. Whitner , he can go also.. I'm tired of his once a game mandatory 15 yard penalty and Atleast one blown coverage for 56 yards..
His anticipation is awful.. I'm still hung over from the NFCCG.. What a killer loss.

Because prior to that one game he was ranked as one of the very best CB's in the NFL? Also, your comments are pretty ridiculous, he didn't have a good game but you're greatly exaggerating things, he's a high quality CB and still has room to develop.

This. And he wasn't THAT bad in the Superbowl. Sure he got beat a couple times, but our whole defense was trash in the Superbowl. Whitner is the guy that really got abused in the Superbowl. Cully is a very good corner and in my opinion has the ability to be one of the top corners in the league.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dblj55:
If Carlos had knocked the 4th and 7 Td pass away from Kearse this cut would hurt. However, he never, so best of luck Carlos.

Don't remind me.
What is so good about Cully?
He's in da house. BRB. I'll ask him.
this also opens up the discussion of whether or not lattimore should switch from #38 to #22
Originally posted by lucky_49:
this also opens up the discussion of whether or not lattimore should switch from #38 to #22

I say he should. Kinda weird seeing #38 not be Goldson
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Thank you for your solid play Mr. Rogers. Overall you were a good 49er.

This. Good luck to him.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 2m
49ers did not release CB Carlos Rogers, according to today's official NFL transaction wire. But as @JosinaAnderson reports, move expected.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
MODS, Can we lock one of these Rogers Return thread? Probably this one the other has more people posting in it.

Maybe not lock the thread that is actually spelling his name correctly
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM ]

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson

Source: The San Francisco 49ers will indeed cut CB Carlos Rogers allowing him to test the market.

use that money to sign Talib

Fa sho.Hope we can afford him
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 2m
49ers did not release CB Carlos Rogers, according to today's official NFL transaction wire. But as @JosinaAnderson reports, move expected.

lol....MM feels the need to add his 2 cents instead of reinforcing the theme of the report. Everybody said that the 9ers WILL cut Rogers, not that they have.....I can't wait until it is official though.

Going to make the next week or so very interesting for the team.
Originally posted by bigtfbreaux:
Morris Would be good in the slot...I went back and rewatched his college game tape, super fast.

Morris is easily the fastest and quickest player on the team. And you're right - when you watch those college tapes, the thing that jumps out is the closing speed - unbelievable. But, covering is not just a speed and quickness thing - let's hope he's being coached up.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Thank you for your solid play Mr. Rogers. Overall you were a good 49er. Vontae Davis come on down!!

Davis and the Colts are very close to a contract agreement.
Share 49ersWebzone