There are 267 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Wouldn't bring him back even at a discount. Just cut him. He won't get any better, trust me. Matter of fact, he'll likely only get worse from here on out. He already has poor ball skills, coverage skills, lacks elite vision, plus he's getting older meaning his athleticism and quickness will continue to erode and drop off. The dominance of our front 7 and pass rush is the only thing making him look halfway decent.

Arguably the worst hands i've ever seen. Drops so many would be INTs
Been on the team 3 years already N ppl still call him Rodgers???

BTW THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Wouldn't bring him back even at a discount. Just cut him. He won't get any better, trust me. Matter of fact, he'll likely only get worse from here on out. He already has poor ball skills, coverage skills, lacks elite vision, plus he's getting older meaning his athleticism and quickness will continue to erode and drop off. The dominance of our front 7 and pass rush is the only thing making him look halfway decent.

Arguably the worst hands i've ever seen. Drops so many would be INTs

Washington fans said he had stone hands.
Washington fans said he had stone hands.

I was warned, then he goes out of body in 2010 with 6INTs. And that is the last we heard of that version of 22. Heard the same thing.
His over confidense in the team needing him based off of snaps and unwillingness to take a pay cut says to me hes gone.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Been on the team 3 years already N ppl still call him Rodgers???

BTW THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!

LOL
2010 was an aberration for Rogers.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Depends on what reduction he is willing to take. If given the option, I would rather have the Niners reduce Carlos to a cap number of around 5m for 2014 and cut him in 2015 over giving Brown a 4 or 5 year deal.
I don't even care to include the salary hit in this analysis. The fact is he played like s**t down the stretch. EWright and PCox both appeared to be playing better ball than him. That gives me confidence that, even if neither of those two step up, we could find a guy in FA or the draft who could replace the aging Rogers and actually have an upside.
I don't see any scenario where he should be brought back, even if he were cut, got no other offers and would come back on a veteran minimum salary. I'd really like for Darryl Morris to get some meaningful snaps next season and of course there is the rookie we are likely to draft. His time is up. I do believe he's still a decent starter, just not on this team filled with All-Pros on the defensive side of the ball.
No more need for his overpaid ass

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I liked Rogers for the most part. He was a solid signing. He had some games where he got torched, but he was usually pretty solid. That's way too much to pay him though and his time is up. We should probably make a change.

I agree. He has lost a step and is not worth all that money.

These. I'd keep him but at way less. Way less.

He was a liability towards the end of last season. I wouldn't want him back unless he was the #4. Even if he were to play for free.
you better be pretty special as a 30 something yr old db to be kept around, just the reality of todays nfl. and special rogers is not.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
3 years and people still incorrectly spell his last name. Rogers most likely will be released.
He would have been gone last year if Culliver didn't blow out his knee in the off season . . . so yeah he's gone without a HUGE pay cut.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He would have been gone last year if Culliver didn't blow out his knee in the off season . . . so yeah he's gone without a HUGE pay cut.

cully ripped his knee up the first day or two of training camp, at that point i think it was fairly clear rogers was going to make the team, especially since nnamdi did jack s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone