LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

Inside source:if we lose Sunday, Roman is going to Cleveland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Muggins:
God Cleveland sucks at everything. Even Lebron left and that was his hometown lol

The initial point stands on its own merit, but Lebron is from Akron. As a kid, he hated Cleveland, and knew full well the truth of your first sentence.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SixtyMins:
I hate to say it but it looks like it will be Roman to the Browns and Tomsula to the DC for the Browns :( (Dont forget Browns GM knows all about the niners)

And my inside source says that the 49er coaches can not stand Lombardi.

Chances are better that Roman coaches for Podunk High School than for the Browns.
[ Edited by bmvanthiel on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:02 AM ]
I have multiple sources telling me that I will have sex with Greg Roman's 19yr old daughter tonight!!! & yes i will let him watch
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
The letter the Browns owner sent to fans yesterday basically confirms this. I would bet $50 it's either Roman or Bevell. I personally think Bevell is the best OC in the game and should be the pick. Roman benefits from Harbaugh being an offensive genius. Either way they are way too confident letting coaches slip away so I'm guessing have some handshake agreement with one of the NFCC OC's.

I think that the letter sent by Brown's owner is available at

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313628/article/jimmy-haslam-weve-been-purposely-methodical

I am not sure what this letter confirms.
If Cleveland wants him so bad, they will wait until after the Super Bowl if necessary. Roman would take any head coaching job. Can't really blame him. I'm sure they can work out a verbal understanding and announce it after our last game on Feb 2nd.
whats he going to cleveland for??? ...to visit the rock n roll hall of fame
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by wailers15:
I have multiple sources telling me that I will have sex with Greg Roman's 19yr old daughter tonight!!! & yes i will let him watch

Tomsula's?
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
The letter the Browns owner sent to fans yesterday basically confirms this. I would bet $50 it's either Roman or Bevell. I personally think Bevell is the best OC in the game and should be the pick. Roman benefits from Harbaugh being an offensive genius. Either way they are way too confident letting coaches slip away so I'm guessing have some handshake agreement with one of the NFCC OC's.

I think that the letter sent by Brown's owner is available at

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313628/article/jimmy-haslam-weve-been-purposely-methodical

I am not sure what this letter confirms.
it doesnt confirm that its Roman they are after but they arent hiring anybody yet cuz they want someone who is still coaching in the playoffs

We understood from the beginning that if we wanted to speak to all of the coaches on our list that we may need to wait until they have completed their participation in the playoffs. We are prepared to wait as long as necessary because this is a very important decision

Could be Roman, Could be Fangio, Could be Gase, McDaniels already turned them down or it could be the the OC from the other team left in the playoffs

also this

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows No #49ers assistants connected with #Browns opening. But Cleveland GM, Mike Lombardi, is tight with Jim Harbaugh from their Raiders days.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 15, 2014 at 8:34 AM ]
I don't think he's going to leave.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't think he's going to leave.

me too ....but Tomsula might be a goner ...lot of teams will want to steal some of our mojo on the defensive side of the ball
great thread

will read again

• buck
  • Veteran
Haslam apparently reacted to local and national criticism about the team's coaching search.

There was much criticism after Rob Chudzinski was fired after one season, and two candidates interviewed have withdrawn from consideration: New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.

Ken Whisenhunt, who took the Tennessee Titans' head-coaching job and Bob McAdoo, who became the New York Giants' offensive coordinator, also interviewed in Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10296932/jimmy-haslam-owner-cleveland-browns-preaches-patience

I just am not sure the letter written by Haslam should be accepted at face value.
If we lose games then Cleveland wont bring to roman cuz he is failed the lose game. Or if we get a championship them Cleveland will interest bring to roman.
I still can't believe we got Jim Harbaugh!
Share 49ersWebzone