There are 261 users in the forums

2013 - Divisional Round: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Once again Marv you completely forget to mention my man Phil as being the quiet glue holding together the up and down performance of our offense.

Sounds crazy. But if he was as hot and cold as our O we would be debating draft picks right now.

Please give it up for our secret weapon, Captain Boring, Lord Humdrum -- Phil Dawson.

He just kicks it through.
and the kid snapping it to him and lee. i would not have rolled out the shock and awe this year had we been forced to bring back jennings but the kid has been solid
Originally posted by cciowa:
Once again Marv you completely forget to mention my man Phil as being the quiet glue holding together the up and down performance of our offense.

Sounds crazy. But if he was as hot and cold as our O we would be debating draft picks right now.

Please give it up for our secret weapon, Captain Boring, Lord Humdrum -- Phil Dawson.

and the kid snapping it to him and lee. i would not have rolled out the shock and awe this year had we been forced to bring back jennings but the kid has been solid
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
nice job. i want to point out too that we had much better control of the play clock and use of timeouts. that has to continue next week.

towards the end of the first half i glanced up at the score and seen we had multiple timeouts left, it was a wierd feeling i'm not used to yet.

Was it just me, or did it seem like Kap wasn't changing plays at the LOS, just going with the play sent in? Do you think they took some of his responsibilities of making calls and said "just go play!".?
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Cant wait for this game man, the one thing that worries me most is that, kap has had ints dropped in 3 or 4 consecutive games that coud have made a huge impact on those games, the droped pick six by the Panthers was a miracle for us, changes the game completely, how bout the near int vs the Packers? Gotta be careful with those.
I truly believe we have the better team, we have to take their best punches early and then start to grind. Plus, i have never hated a team like i do these f**kks, i find it unbearable to watch their coach, their midget QB? hate the b*****d, sherman? Who doesnt hate him round here? The one player i respect is Lynch and there in lies our biggest and most important challenge of the game, to stop him, if we dominate him, getting Seattle out of their confort zone is goint to be paramount, second: Take care fo the ball.

Go Niners!!

Originally posted by Sourball:
nice job. i want to point out too that we had much better control of the play clock and use of timeouts. that has to continue next week.

towards the end of the first half i glanced up at the score and seen we had multiple timeouts left, it was a wierd feeling i'm not used to yet.

Was it just me, or did it seem like Kap wasn't changing plays at the LOS, just going with the play sent in? Do you think they took some of his responsibilities of making calls and said "just go play!".?
That is to help all 11 guys to be on the same page. Later in the game we were able to audible due to the fans getting kicked in the nuts
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Welcome to the new 49ers..same as the old 49ers.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Welcome to the new 49ers..same as the old 49ers.

I edited my comment as it might cause a jinx
Time management was excellent. I was kind of surprised.

Anyone notice that Vernon has a little case of the dropsies going on the past few weeks? I can understand bad passes but they are hitting his hands. No excuse for drops if it hits a hand.

Dawson is like an ATM. Straight cash homie.
Long time lurker but I have always enjoyed reading your analysis. Thanks for the great reads!
Originally posted by Sourball:

That is to help all 11 guys to be on the same page. Later in the game we were able to audible due to the fans getting kicked in the nuts

In the post game interview Kap said they showed some exotic s**t. Might be he didn't feel like playing the head game and just went with the primary call.

I edited my comment as it might cause a jinx

Yes. I got that.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Time management was excellent. I was kind of surprised.

Anyone notice that Vernon has a little case of the dropsies going on the past few weeks? I can understand bad passes but they are hitting his hands. No excuse for drops if it hits a hand.

Dawson is like an ATM. Straight cash homie.

Yeah I was talking to my 9er buddy about that. Vernon Davis is not playing like he has the previous 2 playoff seasons. I think he got two concussions this year and he is a little worried about getting a big hit. It might be just me but yeah he is not playing at a Vernon Davis level right now. Hope that changes Sunday at Seattle
Good read, Marv. Thanks again!
It seems this team literally has gotten better every week. I was at The Stick in wk 14 for the Sea game and saw some holes on our back end. The play of our secondary, i believe, is the the area that we have improved the most. I'm saying even since that wk 14 game. Carlos had a terrible game that Sunday. The TD down the right seam he was completely out of position. Saw the same thing from Cox on left seam against Olsen in the Carolina game. Whitner let Cox have it too. I thought Carolina was going to exploit that and would be something I would breaking down in the film room if I were Vic F. The deep throws down the middle to Tight Ends have hurt us, especially recently.
Great post Marvin, as always.

I do want to point out the fact that Hunter doesn't have Frank's vision. Absolutely agree with that. However, without Kendall playing very much we really don't yet know what he can bring the table. That kid could be a Frank Gore in the waiting because last year he was playing great before the injury and this year he broke a few big runs while having probably under 50 carries (maybe even 40).

Frank will be a huge loss in pass protection, too. I'm interested to see if the staff incorporates LMJ into the gameplan this week and throws things at Seattle that they haven't shown all year. Can't wait!
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Jan 14, 2014 at 8:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone