LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Intresting: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=9396602
Heres the thing. The 5 superbowls only becomes a joke, when you're a team like the Cowboys who have to resort to only being able to bring that up because their team hasnt really been anything good since.
The Niners have one the best teams in the NFL currently, WITH an impressive past to back it up.
Those 5 rings will never impress me because it wasnt my team who did it. Im not concerned with what other teams have done. The 49ers could have 20 rings, and 9er fans could mock me and say 1 doesnt matter, we have 20. But that 1 ring TO ME would still be as important as all 20 of yours, just because it was MY team finally doing it.
I dont care what other teams have done, only concerned what mine does.
Its like if i asked you all to pick from your 5 superbowls, which one is the most important. Most couldnt pick because they are all your teams accomplishments. Thats why when 9er fans laugh and say OH QUEST FOR 1 compared to QUEST FOR 6
That 1 to me is just as important if not more important to me.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Historical question:

What is YOUR personal, most crushing loss in Seahawks history?

Superbowl. Not the loss, But the fact the team played better for the most part and couldnt get a win.

SORRY ! Like the bros told you the Giant and cowboys ! ETC .... Hold water ! You just dont ! 4Hawk ! lmfao !!!!! 0-1
Also intresting:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

"When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team."
Heres the thing. The 5 superbowls only becomes a joke, when you're a team like the Cowboys who have to resort to only being able to bring that up because their team hasnt really been anything good since.
The Niners have one the best teams in the NFL currently, WITH an impressive past to back it up.
Those 5 rings will never impress me because it wasnt my team who did it. Im not concerned with what other teams have done. The 49ers could have 20 rings, and 9er fans could mock me and say 1 doesnt matter, we have 20. But that 1 ring TO ME would still be as important as all 20 of yours, just because it was MY team finally doing it.
Its like if i asked you all to pick from your 5 superbowls, which one is the most important. Most couldnt pick because they are all your teams accomplishments. Thats why when 9er fans laugh and say OH QUEST FOR 1 compared to QUEST FOR 6

Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

As to the other part of that statement .... the most important one is ALWAYS the FIRST one, followed by the NEXT one.
Originally posted by eddie_arkadia:
Also intresting:

"When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team."

Didnt they get rid of that rule. Or dont they just over look it now, something like that.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Don't know, but the Super Bowl loss didn't hurt for me as much as several others. Considering how badly we were getting our asses kicked... to have our guys come together and come within one play of winning really helped me deal with it. I was proud of our guys. The loss to the Giants the previous year was a lot harder for me to take, to be completely honest.

What really bugged me about the SB loss was there was a warning a Seahawks fan gave us the week before the game. He warned us the last time the NFL had a going away party for Jerome Bettis, there were a lot of shady calls that went against Seattle that probably cost them the game. I laughed it off and said it was coincidence. Then the SB comes around and the officials make numerous calls/no-calls against us that were very sketchy. Ray Lewis got his going away party.
Also intresting:

Wtf i thought that rule was no more??
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Also intresting:

Wtf i thought that rule was no more??

nope still currently active, just not enforced as much, like driving in the day time with your headlights turned off...still a law, just that nobody cares about it
Originally posted by SofaKing:
What really bugged me about the SB loss was there was a warning a Seahawks fan gave us the week before the game. He warned us the last time the NFL had a going away party for Jerome Bettis, there were a lot of shady calls that went against Seattle that probably cost them the game. I laughed it off and said it was coincidence. Then the SB comes around and the officials make numerous calls/no-calls against us that were very sketchy. Ray Lewis got his going away party.

Makes you wonder about out of the Hawks and Niners, whoever makes it, has to face one of the golden boys in Manning or Brady. I know its not an "official" end like Bettis and Lewis. BUT with all the younger teams making pushes the league could wonder how many times they make it.

Oh you mean one like this:

Makes you wonder about out of the Hawks and Niners, whoever makes it, has to face one of the golden boys in Manning or Brady. I know its not an "official" end like Bettis and Lewis. BUT with all the younger teams making pushes the league could wonder how many times they make it.

That actually does have me slightly nervous. I can only the hope the NFL is thinking "Out with the old, in with new". Time for a new era. I can really see Kap vs. Wilson being the next great QB battle.
That actually does have me slightly nervous. I can only the hope the NFL is thinking "Out with the old, in with new". Time for a new era. I can really see Kap vs. Wilson being the next great QB battle.

That happens 2 times at a minimum and probably 3 times a year.
Good for entertainment. Im sure it will be responsible for some drunken rages. ah..good ol football.

On the flip side .... you also have to think that MAYBE after the way SB 47 ended ... the 49ers are due a little .... jus' sayin'
Originally posted by Beeker:
On the flip side .... you also have to think that MAYBE after the way SB 47 ended ... the 49ers are due a little .... jus' sayin'

Share 49ersWebzone