LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
Originally posted by Beeker:
You have a very valid point .... I don't doubt the Hawks will win a Super Bowl in the future .... But when you discredit the 5 Super Bowls the 49ers have won, you discredit the entire history of the franchise.

Most Hawk fans will discredit them because our backs are against the wall when its brought up. A situation like " well we have 5 superbowls how many do the Seahawks have" at that point we know thats not something we can really argue with, so we have to bring up the only dig at that sort of reply, and that just happens to be that it has been 20 years since one.

I'm so sick of this argument.

You either have Lombardis or you don't. It's that simple. When they were won is irrelevant.
score 2 touchdowns
You have a very valid point .... I don't doubt the Hawks will win a Super Bowl in the future .... But when you discredit the 5 Super Bowls the 49ers have won, you discredit the entire history of the franchise.

Most Hawk fans will discredit them because our backs are against the wall when its brought up. A situation like " well we have 5 superbowls how many do the Seahawks have" at that point we know thats not something we can really argue with, so we have to bring up the only dig at that sort of reply, and that just happens to be that it has been 20 years since one.

Valid again. This is a rivalry that is gaining steam. Historically, it's far down the list of rivalries for 49ers fans. But it's gaining traction. Longtime 49ers fans have gone through this with Cowboys, Rams, Packers, and Giants fans for DECADES. This rivalry with the Hawks will never crack that top 4 for me, personally ...
Originally posted by SofaKing:
It's also obvious the Seahawks reached out to Lincecum specifically for this game to piss off SF fans. "See one of your favorite Bay Area athletes, he's a Seahawks fan, now we're going to rub it in your face!!!" No way am I cool with that. That franchise is really despicable in everything they do.

I know i've already said this. But just to make sure the point gets across, word in seattle is they are trying to get the 2005 NFC Champions Seahawks team, as many as they can, to raise the flag. I havent heard anything about Lincecum other than on here.

Ahh ok. Thanks for the info. I hope you go the 2005 Seahawks route. Don't do it Timmy!!

Valid again. This is a rivalry that is gaining steam. Historically, it's far down the list of rivalries for 49ers fans. But it's gaining traction. Longtime 49ers fans have gone through this with Cowboys, Rams, Packers, and Giants fans for DECADES. This rivalry with the Hawks will never crack that top 4 for me, personally ...

YEAH ! Well said ! Beeker !
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You either have Lombardis or you don't. It's that simple. When they were won is irrelevant.

People bring up the 5 superbowls too much in situations where it is irrelevant.
Oddly enough in this situation it was brought up by a Hawk fan, who i think has been banned.
But when its brought up in the conversation about this Sundays game, this current niners team has 0 just like this current hawk team.
Your franchise history kills ours, but has nothing to do with the game. Is all im saying.

Oddly enough in this situation it was brought up by a Hawk fan, who i think has been banned.
But when its brought up in the conversation about this Sundays game, this current niners team has 0 just like this current hawk team.
Your franchise history kills ours, but has nothing to do with the game. Is all im saying.

Historical question:

What is YOUR personal, most crushing loss in Seahawks history?

Those who are doomed to have no legacy will always deny the importance of having one. Forgive them Bill Walsh, for they know not what they speak.
As a gambling man, the only thing that scares me about this game is that Vegas loves Seattle. I have won a lot of money gambling on the side of Vegas instead of the public and that's exactly what it is showing now. Though I will never bet against the Niners, figure I'd bring it up.

Drop The 0 rings and go with your hero ! 5 rings ! GO ! 49ers !

It dosent. We can argue to where blue in the Face and it wont matter the players have to play and thats a FACT and what also is a FACT is 5 rings and 0 rings..
Historical question:

Superbowl. Not the loss, But the fact the team played better for the most part and couldnt get a win.
Historical question:

Superbowl. Not the loss, But the fact the team played better for the most part and couldnt get a win.

Fair enough. For me, it's not last year's Super Bowl loss ....

It's that Gawd D**n 1991 NFCCG vs. the Giants. Roger Craig's "3-peat" came back and bit him right in the a$$.

Karma knows when to strike -
Don't know, but the Super Bowl loss didn't hurt for me as much as several others. Considering how badly we were getting our asses kicked... to have our guys come together and come within one play of winning really helped me deal with it. I was proud of our guys. The loss to the Giants the previous year was a lot harder for me to take, to be completely honest.
Ride the wave, The first Quarter. You know that the she-hawks are going for the Kill . 49ers have to stay strong mentally. I belive they have the players to do so.
Share 49ersWebzone