LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boykster:
Your current team is a bunch of mutts and has nothing to do with the pedigree you claim to hold so dearly....20 years since you won the big prize......

This is like listening to a record with a scratch in it ...

20 years
20 years
20 years

We get it.
Originally posted by 4Hawks2in1the3Shade:
The 2005 Seahawks team, or as many of them as they can get, are raising the flag. Is whats being reported a lot in Seattle.

I hear A-Rod was going to raise the flag.
I fully expect to read numerous stories Monday morning about many Seattle fans punching their mothers in the face because they experienced a psychotic break due to extreme depression and anger.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Let's get a bunch of guys who never won anything important to raise our lame flag. Great idea Hags, lol.
They accomplished as much as your current team. So you know making it to the Superbowl means something.

Don't try to use reason with them - the reflection from those tarnished trophies from 20+ years ago has blinded them They think they are champions, but they're not.

Seattle doesn't have a championship pedigree and never will.

Your current team is a bunch of mutts and has nothing to do with the pedigree you claim to hold so dearly....20 years since you won the big prize......

That big prize is a legacy that can never be taken away, nor understood by such irrelevance as the Seattle Jaguars.
Baseball is still relevant? I had no idea....
Don't try to use reason with them - the reflection from those tarnished trophies from 20+ years ago has blinded them They think they are champions, but they're not.

Don't understand why all you hawks fans put us down for having won our championships from 20+ years ago. The NFL wouldn't be the NFL without its history. The league would be like the MLS if nothing in the past mattered.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Beeker:
All I gotta say is f**k TIM LINCECUM!!!!!

I heard he's raising that dumbass flag on Sunday.

Wait .... WHAT????

I heard on the radio.

That is a SHAME! Imagine Kaep throwing the first pitch for the Dodgers...he would get roasted to no end.

Kind of like Ric Flair betraying the Panthers? haha. What exactly are Lincencum's ties to the Seahawks?

Apparently he's a Seattle native, but that's just wrong if he comes out and raises that flag, he's about to burn a lot of bridges.

Hes from Washington and went to the University of Washington. Hes raised the flag several times I believe.

To be fair, hes never said he was a 49ers fan, so theres no betrayal. Itd be a problem if he was wearing Mariners gear. Matt Kemp is a huge 49ers fan.

It sucks to see him in Seahawks colors, but at least hes loyal to his team. Im sure AZ Cardinals fans were annoyed to see Boldin wearing that Giants hat.

Yea I get that. But he needs to stay away from this game, this on a huge stage and for him to be out there AGAINST the 49ers is basically slapping all his SF fans in the face.

Cool if he's out there for any other team, but not this weekend. If his PR guy is smart, he'd tell him to decline.

lol what does it have to do with anything though? If you played for the Milwaukee Brewers, you would hide the fact that you were a 49ers fan just because it would upset the local Packer fans?

You guys are getting way too offended over this. He grew up a Seahawks fan, and his team is playing in the Champ game. It makes no sense to say hes a traitor because he works for the baseball team in the 49ers' market.

He helped the Giants win 2 rings, so I couldnt care less who his football team is.

Straw man argument. No one is saying that he can't be a fan of the Hags or publicly admit his horrible taste. The argument is that on this stage, it's a slap in the face to SF fans to see one of there beloved players raise the flag of a rival in one of the biggest games in a decade. It shows a lack of consideration from Lincecum to those that have supported him and Bay Area sports.

No it doesnt. It shows that some bay areas fans are easily offended.

Its all based on your perspective. If you played for the Seattle Mariners, and the 49ers asked you to come to an NFC title game in SF against SEA, and flip the coin, youd say "No, I dont want to alienate my Seattle fans."?? Of course you wouldnt, youd be pumped up, out there in a Niner jersey waving to the crowd from midfield.

No I wouldn't. I'd politely decline. Cheer on my Niners from the comfort of my home, and avoid alienating my fans. Pretty simple decision if you take time to think about it.

Well then you arent that big of a Niner fan. I also dont believe you.

Its totally unrealistic to expect Lincecum to turn that down just because oversensitive Giants fans might get offended. Its a different sport. He only has to be loyal to his baseball team.

It annoys me to see him in Seahawks gear, but it makes sense. I dont see why people would get bent out of shape about it. Are you disowning Joe Montana for his wife making Seahawks jewelry for Marshawn Lynch too?
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
The 2005 Seahawks team, or as many of them as they can get, are raising the flag. Is whats being reported a lot in Seattle.

A-Rod and Howard Schultz should both raise the flag, they'll both get shot.
Originally posted by niners94:

Don't understand why all you hawks fans put us down for having won our championships from 20+ years ago. The NFL wouldn't be the NFL without its history. The league would be like the MLS if nothing in the past mattered.

There is no reasoning with them. They keep twisting the argument, making it seem like we think we're going to win because we have 5 trophies. NOBODY IS SAYING THAT.

All we're saying is they have no right to poke fun at our franchise. We have a looooooooong history of winning. That's why we don't glorify regular season wins. We have higher standards. Seattle is new to this, which is why the fans feel the need to gloat and beat their chest over every small accomplishment. Division title means little. 13-3 means little. Win some hardware, then get back to me. Until then, they can all STFU.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 18, 2014 at 12:15 AM ]
Originally posted by niners94:

I fully respect the 49ers as one of the most celebrated, and all time great NFL franchise.
That being said. A good majority of 9er fans with use it randomly in an irrelevant situation " WE WILL WIN SUNDAY BECAUSE 5 SUPERBOWLS SAYS WE KNOW HOW TO WIN" Well those WERE 20 years ago, and worth every bit of praise they get but mean absolutely nothing in the current situation.
I can understand if someone says something like " the niners are garbage and always will be" i understand that context to bring up the superbowls.
But a good majority of people bring it up in irrelevant situations and a lot of people who use it never even saw the niners win those.

All this Lincecum stuff re-assured me that Gary Payton is gonna rush the field in Niner colors for the counter
Originally posted by Beeker:

This is like listening to a record with a scratch in it ...

20 years
20 years
20 years

We get it.

20 years is long. But your whole existence is infinite in comparison. We've only scratched the surface of the inferiority complex of that Seattle franchise. The NFL treats them like 3rd class citizens, but deservedly so. It's just not the kind of town or franchise fitting for greatness. They will never experience it for themselves and they know it. The only thing they can do is criticize franchises who have the history that they don't deserve. The NFL is a caste system, and their lot in life is to continue their irrelevant history into the future.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

Why would A-Rod get shot ? He started his career in Seattle right? and he is also good friends with the Carrol and the secondary. :Wink :Wink
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

Door mat ! FLAG !
Share 49ersWebzone