LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Panther fans on Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't understand how one could come to the conclusion that Cam is better than Kaep. Winning playoff games says a lot about a QB and the intangibles he has. That is still a ? for Cam.
Originally posted by sevenup3000:
I think folks really need to cool it with this big game experience nonsense. Newton has played in plenty of big games this year...on the national stage, with playoff berths on the line, and as you said in the national championship game in College.
Sunday is not going to be any bigger than the Iron Bowl or the National Championship.
I feel once you have played in the number of types of games as both Newton and Kap has played in, this Sunday's game is not going to me viewed as too big for either.
I don't think "big game" experience is going to prevent Cam from playing well, and will make Kap play well. It is going to come down to who came better prepared.

Yes, you do not know, that is clear. The NFL playoffs are a whole different animal. You don't know, but you will Sunday.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by sevenup3000:
I think folks really need to cool it with this big game experience nonsense. Newton has played in plenty of big games this year...on the national stage, with playoff berths on the line, and as you said in the national championship game in College.
Sunday is not going to be any bigger than the Iron Bowl or the National Championship.
I feel once you have played in the number of types of games as both Newton and Kap has played in, this Sunday's game is not going to me viewed as too big for either.
I don't think "big game" experience is going to prevent Cam from playing well, and will make Kap play well. It is going to come down to who came better prepared.

Yes, you do not know, that is clear. The NFL playoffs are a whole different animal. You don't know, but you will Sunday.

LOL, panthers fans wouldn't know about playoff games. Their biggest games are their divisional ones.
Originally posted by Firebeast:
Dude question for you. Why do you really care what another fan has to say about your QB? Every forum in the NFL is like this. Some of your fans talk about Cam as well. That is the way of NFL fan of any team. That's the way it is. So I wouldn't worry to much if I was you. So long as you love your QB and support him as a fan. Then why worry about any other fans thoughts about him.

The thing that bothers me is that Kaep is getting an abnormal amount of hate, not just from panther fans. People just hate him.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't understand how one could come to the conclusion that Cam is better than Kaep. Winning playoff games says a lot about a QB and the intangibles he has. That is still a ? for Cam.

its called being a homer. last year at sb time, joe flacco had what 5 or 7 career playoff wins? we'd still take kaep over him. sometimes fans are just blind.
Originally posted by crabman82:

its called being a homer. last year at sb time, joe flacco had what 5 or 7 career playoff wins? we'd still take kaep over him. sometimes fans are just blind.

Homers and haters. I know plenty of non-panther fans saying Cam is better because he's a "pro-bowler". lmfao

At least Flacco is a better argument.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM ]
I hate that thread its just a thread that has a built in excuse after the 49ers win sunday. Cam doesn't have nearly the weapons that Kap does that is why we lost :'(::::::::::::::::::::

Homers and haters. I know plenty of non-panther fans saying Cam is better because he's a "pro-bowler". lmfao

it is what it is. on the outside kaepernick will be looked at as a guy who is carried by his team, they'll just reference one read qb and his passing yards per game. we all know the truth, we dont pass it a lot cus we can run it good and when we choose to pass it we're pretty efficient at it.
it is what it is. on the outside kaepernick will be looked at as a guy who is carried by his team, they'll just reference one read qb and his passing yards per game. we all know the truth, we dont pass it a lot cus we can run it good and when we choose to pass it we're pretty efficient at it.

I just hate how they all talk like they have watched kap play, saying things like defense carried Kaep through the playoffs. When in actuality kaep carried the niners team to the SB.
  • Skip2
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
When he doesn't hide under that stupid towel?

He always has a towel on his head (winning or losing)

Originally posted by SneakySniper:

I just hate how they all talk like they have watched kap play, saying things like defense carried Kaep through the playoffs. When in actuality kaep carried the niners team to the SB.

typical nfl fan jargon. the absolute truth about most nfl fans is they watch their team and dont order the nfl sunday ticket. they see the other teams in highlights for the most part. for that reason i just take the ignorant opinions with a grain of salt.

Imho, a QB is measured by how he rises to the occasion in the biggest games. Kaepernick already produced signature wins in the playoffs, and he's just getting started. Luck did the same against the Chiefs.

How many signature wins has QBs like Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, Romo, and Dalton have?! I think zero.

That's why Kaep has quickly become a huge name in the NFL, and that's why everyone is hatin.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Firebeast:
Dude question for you. Why do you really care what another fan has to say about your QB? Every forum in the NFL is like this. Some of your fans talk about Cam as well. That is the way of NFL fan of any team. That's the way it is. So I wouldn't worry to much if I was you. So long as you love your QB and support him as a fan. Then why worry about any other fans thoughts about him.

The thing that bothers me is that Kaep is getting an abnormal amount of hate, not just from panther fans. People just hate him.

You're right. It isn't just Panther fans. Kap gets an insane amount of hate from just about everyone. And it goes beyond football and his play on the field, he gets called a douche bag, punk, a*****e, and among other things on the regular from other fans and when I ask how they're all like, he just is/looks like one/acts like one/etc . I don't get it.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM ]

It's pretty stupid. The facts speak for themselves: 2012 divisional playoff: Niners 45-31; NFC Championship game: Niners 28-24; SB: Ravens 34-31.

The Niner defense (and special teams) allowed 89 points.

The Niner offense put up 107 points.

To your average Panthers fan, I guess these are epic defensive battles.
Relying on Grant Cohn to form an opinion is a fatal flaw. Garbage in Garbage out
Share 49ersWebzone