There are 204 users in the forums

Panther fans on Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think this is getting out of proportion, the panthers can say whatever they want to say. My hands are crossed let's wait till the D-Day. Niners let's kick some butt..
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
I had a lot of free time on my hands today, so I decided to venture into the Panthers's message boards.

I found what people usually find in a sports team's fan forum... delusion (I kid, but in the thread I'm about to reference it is prevalent).

They talk about Kaep as if they watched him play every game since he started as a 49er, mentioning his problem with reads and insulting his intelligence. Of course, we know that they are just regurgitating what they heard from some talking heads in the media, but the problems are overblown--I'll admit sometimes even on NT :). The reason this irked me so much is because on NT we acknowledge successful QB's (Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck) even though they are rivals, but why all the hate for Kaep?

I'm not a football expert, but I love watching and playing, and Kaep looks pretty damn good to me, better than Cam Newton.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/96530-bay-area-writer-kaepernick-one-read-qb-cam-actually-reads-defenses/

I know this might have fitted in the Kaepernick thread, but it really isn't about Kaepernick himself, but about other fans views of him.

Clearly it has to do with the rivalry with Cam. They are mad we have a guy who is much much better than Cam.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Clearly it has to do with the rivalry with Cam. They are mad we have a guy who is much much better than Cam.

Yup. They will always compare the two because of their similar size/skill, and they were both taken in the same draft.

Cam went 1st overall. We probably got the better QB in the 2nd round. That is going to torment them for years.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 10, 2014 at 2:41 AM ]
Kap became better than Cam and it only took him his first 10 starts. Cam isn't bad or anything, he's getting better, so it's kinda funny when they insult Kap, they are basically insulting Cam.

Bottom line, they be jealous
Wait, so Kap can't read the field, but Cam can (and is clearly "better")......then why did he fail to throw a touchdown the last time we played? Lost in the discussion over Kap's terrible game was that Cam had a bad game too (albeit slightly less terrible).

This is what happens when fans run with everything some idiot sports writer says.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 10, 2014 at 3:22 AM ]
Kap > Cam

/thread
our mirror is shinier. i do like Cam tho, hes one of my favorite non-niner players. dudes a baller
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Me don't like Cam.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Me don't like Cam.

im predicting he sucks this week but cam's coo against everyone else lol
Only thing not to like about Cam is his mental toughness, he pouts and gets down on himself too quick. That's something he needs to continue to work on. Kinda immature, but definitely something that is fixable.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Only thing not to like about Cam is his mental toughness, he pouts and gets down on himself too quick. That's something he needs to continue to work on. Kinda immature, but definitely something that is fixable.

i think id be pissed if i did enough to win a game and my dumbass RB fumbled it away at the end against seattle lol. Cam does have a pouting problem but i think he'll get over it. that franchise isnt used to winning lol so losses in a good year are all bad lol
Cam has NO big game experience since entering the pros. His last game of this kind of magnitude was the BCS championship game over 3 years ago.

Kap is playing in his 5th career postseason game already.

One thing to note..The Panthers are 0-3 after a bye under Ron Rivera. Some teams dont do well with extra time.

A week off before a playoff game for a young team with no big game experience could be in our favor.
Originally posted by slip:
Kap won't be stopped. But I suggest Kap takes a map to get to the ground on Sunday, cause does anybody in the States know where Carolina is? Lol
Above Florida? Lol
Kap > Cohn
  • Skip2
  • Veteran
Kap is smarter but is a one read qb lol
Share 49ersWebzone