LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

If Roman Leaves, how about Chud?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Heard he wasn't very popular with the players at both of his last two stops. So...NO. My guess is Harbaugh has a list of people he would like. He's too anal and organized not to already be ahead of this scenario.
I'm guessing he wants guys that run his system.
[ Edited by BadgerHawk on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Chryst or Morton will be promoted to OC. Bill Musgrave hired as QB's coach. Remember that

please god not Morton! he is a horrible WR coach so I cant imagine him at OC. I am sure he will be get a highly reputable OC with past success in a system with a mobile QB
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think a new OC will do the team some good.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I actually know John Morton. He played for the Toronto Argos in Canada while I was coaching high school and playing arena league football. He visited with us a couple of times and I was able to pick his brain. Very smart guy. Knows more about the WR position than some members on this forum may believe... Worked on USC's staff...He's very open-minded when it comes figuring out ways to attack the opponent. If he's promoted, I think our passing attack will explode. What we'd lose in Greg Roman and his knowledge of the running game, we'd gain from Mort's passing knowledge. Mike Solari and Tom Rathman will continue to contribute heavily to our running game strategies. One thing that stood out from our conversation is philosophy... We discussed how some OCs let the D dictate where the offense should go, while others are more aggressive and try to force the defence into abandoning their game-plans. He hinted that he preferred the latter...
[ Edited by SaksV on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Woody/Rathman
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You guys are nuts.

If Roman leaves the replacement OC is already on the staff. They are NOT going to bring in a whole new system because its Harbaughs system to begin with.

I though maybe Drevno before he left, but perhaps Chryst. They might look at the Stanford staff as well.

Norv? Seriously? Not gonna happen.

This ^
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Heard he wasn't very popular with the players at both of his last two stops. So...NO. My guess is Harbaugh has a list of people he would like. He's too anal and organized not to already be ahead of this scenario.

Most players seemed genuinely upset at his firing in Cleveland...not sure where you're getting it from.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Jimmy Rae he deserves a second chance.

Run this play twice, and play action on third down -- Repeat.

Geep Chryst......Hue Jackson.....Gary Kubiak.........................it could happen !

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LEN-RHODE9er:
Geep Chryst......Hue Jackson.....Gary Kubiak.........................it could happen !

um no.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by LEN-RHODE9er:

um no.

What's wrong with Hue or Gary?
Kubiak
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Norv Turner runs a completely differen't system-offense than what Harbaugh likes. Makes no sense. This isn't fantasy coaching.

Pat Shurmur ran a completely different offense than Chip Kelly too.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You guys are nuts.

If Roman leaves the replacement OC is already on the staff. They are NOT going to bring in a whole new system because its Harbaughs system to begin with.

I though maybe Drevno before he left, but perhaps Chryst. They might look at the Stanford staff as well.

Norv? Seriously? Not gonna happen.

You're contradicting yourself there. Also, there's no way that there's no way we wouldn't bring an outsider on. It's absolutely in the realm of possibility.
Share 49ersWebzone