What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by joseglopez00:
Kap has (including the Postseason):

a 20-7 record
an NFC Championship and, consequently, a Super Bowl Berth
a 3-1 postseason record (only loss in playoffs is in the superbowl by 3)
a 36-14 TD to INT ratio
8.1 yards per passing ATTEMPT
6.9 yards per rushing attempt
12 rushing TDs
6 fumbles lost
(for a total of 48 TDs to 20 turnovers)
6 game-winning drives, including 5 in the 4th quarter...

Don't be driven by emotion, Kaepernick is a good QB with a ton of upside. He is the franchise QB and will be for years now. If you don't like it, please stop complaining about it and go be a Seahawks fan.
All that and you don't name a price?

Didn't think I needed to name a price until Kap does. Whatever he says, that's my answer.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Anything over $14 million - $17 million per and we're screwed. Look at all of the teams that recently signed their QB's to large contracts...

He'll want at least Cutler money, which is $18M per year

I'm sure he'll want that, but I don't think Baalke will do it. If he gets greedy the Niners will franchise tag him.
If the Colts resigned Andrew Luck (and let's say he loses this weekend and next year he has the exact same season) for 20 million per year, would that be a good deal?
Originally posted by sevenup3000:
If the Colts resigned Andrew Luck (and let's say he loses this weekend and next year he has the exact same season) for 20 million per year, would that be a good deal?

No.
Originally posted by Disp:
They're different. They were both day 1 starters and had already played 5 seasons each by the time their second contract came up. Kaepernick is probably going to be signed to a new contract after 1 1/2 seasons. Most other quarterbacks who sat for a year or two didn't cash in until their 3'rd contract.

LOL. Ryan and Flacco also were not subjected to the new Rookie wage scale and got big bucks before even attempting an NFL pass. Kaepernick has made a little more than over 5 years so far, and at the time of signing his new deal would have accomplished about a much as Ryan and a little less than Flacco even if he loses in Carolina.

In my opinion, Kaep and Stafford should be paid about the same.
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
After how they treated Alex do you really believe that Kaep can trust them? What if they suddenly trade him to Cleveland because some other dude shows up to camp and catches Harbaugh's eye? He would be an idiot not to ask for a fortune, most money upfront, or consider going somewhere else for better money. What they did to Alex should make every player on that team get as much up front as possible. The psychological contract between the organization and every player on the team was destroyed from what they did.

Remember, about the only guarantee in football is developing some form of brain damage.

Yeah, they really screwed Alex Smith. They turned him from a bust to a sought-after veteran who could really help a team win a lot more games. And, that's what he did. The question was where he might end up as a backup. Now the question is how much will the Chiefs spend to retain him. Give me a break.
Unfortunately more than the bum Cutler who got 18 million per.
  • thl408
LOL. Ryan and Flacco also were not subjected to the new Rookie wage scale and got big bucks before even attempting an NFL pass. Kaepernick has made a little more than over 5 years so far, and at the time of signing his new deal would have accomplished about a much as Ryan and a little less than Flacco even if he loses in Carolina.

I think Stafford is a good comparable (5 x $15.5 per year average). If I'm Kap's agent I look for that kind of deal, but a little more because of Kap's playoff success. I'd expect the deal to be $16/yr and I would consider that fair. It sucks to have a QB suck up that much cap, but the market sets the value.
I'm sure he'll want that, but I don't think Baalke will do it. If he gets greedy the Niners will franchise tag him.

Yep. I believe Jim, Trent, and Jed are too smart to put that much of the salary cap into just one player.
Originally posted by thl408:
I think Stafford is a good comparable (5 x $15.5 per year average). If I'm Kap's agent I look for that kind of deal, but a little more because of Kap's playoff success. I'd expect the deal to be $16/yr and I would consider that fair. It sucks to have a QB suck up that much cap, but the market sets the value.

A deal like you're talking seems like the right kind of deal for both parties.

About tree fitty or so.

Why do you people keep saying "he loses" or "he wins"?
Originally posted by crabman82:
matt ryans 2nd contract after 1 playoff win: 6 years 113.7 million

joe flaccos 2nd deal after a sb win : 6 years 120 million

A.) Those were both horrible decisions by their respective GM's. No one else was going to pay either of them that much in free agency.

B.) They were after longer periods of time and more success. Ryan had just come off his 5th season throwing 4,719 yards and 32 TDs with a 69% completion percentage. He was their offense! Kap has been in the league for three and only started a season and a half. His first year as a starter he threw for 3,179 yards and 21 TDs with a 58% completion percentage. While that is a pretty good year, especially when you factor in his rushing yards and TDs, its nothing like what Ryan did the year before he got his contract.

Joe Flacco's deal was straight retarded. Such a good deal they lost Anquan Boldin and probably a playoff birth for it.

Not sure why people keep acting like other team's mistakes mean everyone is going to make the same mistake.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Anything over $14 million - $17 million per and we're screwed. Look at all of the teams that recently signed their QB's to large contracts...

He'll want at least Cutler money, which is $18M per year

you can't cap Kap!
Originally posted by crake49:
Things change. Trends get upended. With these two contracts, certainly Romo's contract and to a lesser extent, Brees, I think the NFL owners group already realizes certain things have gotten completely out of hand.

Yep. I think the other players have too. There is going to be a per/top paid player cap in the next CBA. I have no doubt. There will only be about 10 NFLPA members that are against it and the other 1,680-something or so will be all for it.
Share 49ersWebzone