There are 203 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Trade Kaep....draft Johnny Football

Trade a man to draft a little boy? Ummm ok
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
I Think it is all but certain he sign for somewhere around 5-7 years 100mil. and it goes up if he bring us a ring.

In my wildest dreams he comes in and says...I want you guys to still be able to sign players...so 80mil is enough for me, take that extra 20 and try to hold on to Crabs for me.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Disp:
I heard Drew Brees and Peyton Manning took discounts on their recent contracts cause they were making so much in endorsements. Cause that's how it works.

There is absolutely no way a franchise QB will take any sort of discount on their first real contract, and honestly I think it's kinda selfish of the fans to hope or expect them to. If we make it past the Panthers I'd expect probably a 4 year $55-60-ish mil. deal. No quarterback gets paid top tier on their first non-rookie contract.

matt ryans 2nd contract after 1 playoff win: 6 years 113.7 million

joe flaccos 2nd deal after a sb win : 6 years 120 million

Things change. Trends get upended. With these two contracts, certainly Romo's contract and to a lesser extent, Brees, I think the NFL owners group already realizes certain things have gotten completely out of hand.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I Think it is all but certain he sign for somewhere around 5-7 years 100mil. and it goes up if he bring us a ring.

In my wildest dreams he comes in and says...I want you guys to still be able to sign players...so 80mil is enough for me, take that extra 20 and try to hold on to Crabs for me.

it would be awesome, i'm just not expecting it.
I heard Drew Brees and Peyton Manning took discounts on their recent contracts cause they were making so much in endorsements. Cause that's how it works.

There is absolutely no way a franchise QB will take any sort of discount on their first real contract, and honestly I think it's kinda selfish of the fans to hope or expect them to. If we make it past the Panthers I'd expect probably a 4 year $55-60-ish mil. deal. No quarterback gets paid top tier on their first non-rookie contract.

Uh yeah, it is more like all QB's who are entrenched as starters get paid on their first non-rookie contract and it only goes up from there until your last deal where your willing to compromise a bit on your scrooge Mcduck sized earnings to get that last ring or two.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

They're different. They were both day 1 starters and had already played 5 seasons each by the time their second contract came up. Kaepernick is probably going to be signed to a new contract after 1 1/2 seasons. Most other quarterbacks who sat for a year or two didn't cash in until their 3'rd contract.

They're different. They were both day 1 starters and had already played 5 seasons each by the time their second contract came up. Kaepernick is probably going to be signed to a new contract after 1 1/2 seasons. Most other quarterbacks who sat for a year or two didn't cash in until their 3'rd contract.

ohhh i thought when you said no qb's, you actually meant no qb's. little clarification next time maybe.

Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
It seems as if the 49'ers have bet the farm on him already. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get as much as $22M a year. Not that he deserves it, after all look at Romo's deal, but because the organization has bought into the idea that he is the future of the organization.

Come on, are you seriously gonna put Baalke on the same level as Jerry Jones when it comes to GM? The rest of the NFL sure as hell doesn't follow the Cowboys personnel decisions.

After how they treated Alex do you really believe that Kaep can trust them? What if they suddenly trade him to Cleveland because some other dude shows up to camp and catches Harbaugh's eye? He would be an idiot not to ask for a fortune, most money upfront, or consider going somewhere else for better money. What they did to Alex should make every player on that team get as much up front as possible. The psychological contract between the organization and every player on the team was destroyed from what they did.

Remember, about the only guarantee in football is developing some form of brain damage.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

ohhh i thought when you said no qb's, you actually meant no qb's. little clarification next time maybe.

Could have been worded differently. I hope it's clarified for you now.

Most quarterbacks aren't getting the monster paydays until they have at least 5 years as the starter. Kaep will have 1.5 after this season. Rogers and Romo put up big numbers their first couple years as starter and got mid-upper tier contracts. Both of them signed $10mil./yr. deals on their first contract after becoming starter when the top guys were getting $14-17mil.+..

That's why I think he'll probably get a 4 years deal for $14mil./yr or so, and then sign a large deal after 5 years as starter.
[ Edited by Disp on Jan 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Does this really strike you as "game manager?"

Yeah, I see a game manager. He managed to end Green Bay's season.

HEY-OOOOOOOOOO!

Could have been worded differently. I hope it's clarified for you now.

Most quarterbacks aren't getting the monster paydays until they have at least 5 years as the starter. Kaep will have 1.5 after this season. Rogers and Romo put up big numbers their first couple years as starter and got mid-upper tier contracts. Both of them signed $10mil./yr. deals on their first contract after becoming starter when the top guys were getting $14-17mil.+..

That's why I think he'll probably get a 4 years deal for $14mil./yr or so, and then sign a large deal after 5 years as starter.

If we don't win the SB, that seems like a solid number for Kap. However, if he wins a ring, I could see a larger (and more cap-friendly) deal, like 6 years, $105M ($17.5M per year with around $50-55M in guarantees). The guaranteed money would be pretty close to that of Ryan who though he has started every year, hasn't advanced past the NFC championship yet like Kap, but would be less than Brees and Rodgers who both have rings but have been performing at a high level for much longer.
$80 million over 5 years with $40 guaranteed? That sounds about right. Regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If we don't win the SB, that seems like a solid number for Kap. However, if he wins a ring, I could see a larger (and more cap-friendly) deal, like 6 years, $105M ($17.5M per year with around $50-55M in guarantees). The guaranteed money would be pretty close to that of Ryan who though he has started every year, hasn't advanced past the NFC championship yet like Kap, but would be less than Brees and Rodgers who both have rings but have been performing at a high level for much longer.

That would not be the worst thing in the world. It is only $1.5 million more per season than $80 million over 5 years with about $40 million guaranteed.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Jan 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Anything over $14 million - $17 million per and we're screwed. Look at all of the teams that recently signed their QB's to large contracts...
Originally posted by Furlow:
Anything over $14 million - $17 million per and we're screwed. Look at all of the teams that recently signed their QB's to large contracts...

He'll want at least Cutler money, which is $18M per year
Share 49ersWebzone