There are 224 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by BrianGO:
If you're losing, every game provides another opportunity for another "game-winning" drive or "come-from-behind" victory etc.

Kap is now getting criticized for winning too much.

By your elementary logic, Montana was a lousy Quarterback because he's know for making comebacks.
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If you're losing, every game provides another opportunity for another "game-winning" drive or "come-from-behind" victory etc.

Kap is now getting criticized for winning too much.

By your elementary logic, Montana was a lousy Quarterback because he's know for making comebacks.

It ought to be fairly clear to anyone that a team with a strong win/loss record over the last few years does not offer the same opportunities for conebacks as a mid ranking team adjusting to a change in qb.

This is what Brian was saying, and to attempt to dismiss this as elementary logic is offensive and factually incorrect. The comment about Montana is just silly and leads me to believe you are just here to troll this thread.

I have given you a week's holiday from posting.
You banned him from posting for that?
No one loves Montana's comebacks more than I do, but I always wondered why the comeback against the Bengals in Super Bowl 23 was necessary.

The Niners shredded superior defenses in the divisional playoffs and in the NFC Championship Game.

That Bengal defense was in the bottom half of the league. But the Niners didn't bother to score a TD until the fourth quarter, when they had to because they fell behind.

And then, when they fell behind again, they went on the legendary 92-yard drive (which was really a 102-yard drive because of the Randy Cross penalty).

There was an element of procrastination in that game. It was as if they were the talented student who only studies when the test is likely to be hard.

It was like a foreshadowing of Eli Manning in 2007 and 2011.

Not that there's anything wrong with all of that. Not many players can start playing well after getting off to a mediocre start. Joe could. Eli can.
  • dj43
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Hey, Luck has blown chunks on several occasions this year. So I wouldn't hold him up to be the posterboy of maturing qb's. He threw....7? ... picks in two playoff games? is that right? That's a lot of picks for two games.

I am not saying Kap is mr wonderful.

Luck carried Indy with a mediocre running game and very average (at best) receivers. He is clearly the more developed QB at this time.
One this is for sure. Luck's beard makes Kaep's actually look good. That Amish thing that Luck grows is hideous.
Remember when Andrew Luck threw 7 picks in 2 games, and needed a total collapse by the opposing team to get out of the first round?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Hey, Luck has blown chunks on several occasions this year. So I wouldn't hold him up to be the posterboy of maturing qb's. He threw....7? ... picks in two playoff games? is that right? That's a lot of picks for two games.

I am not saying Kap is mr wonderful.

Luck carried Indy with a mediocre running game and very average (at best) receivers. He is clearly the more developed QB at this time.

You describe his receivers as "average", but how would you describe the defenses he faces?
How would you describe the defenses Kap faces in the NFC West?
Kap needs to improve on his Qb play. Great player can be clutch, but needs to improve on his progressions needs to go thru all the reads, climbing the pocket and looking down field, no clock issues. He's got some scary talent like steve young did, but just needs to make it all work together.
Originally posted by jreff22:
You banned him from posting for that?

No. You didn't read my post.

• buck
  • Veteran
First, I think Kaepernick should, and will be, extended.

Second, I trust the front office to work out a reasonable deal with him.

Matt Stafford is guaranteed $13,833,333 a year. Sam Bradford is guaranteed 8,333,333 a year.

Kaepernick is worth more than Bradford or Stafford, but those two guys are overpaid.

Again, there is no reason to doubt the front office's ability to sign Kaepernick to a deal that is good for the team and for Kaepernick.

Third, the contract that really intrigues me is Harbaugh's.

I really want to see what happens with in the negotiations with him.
^^ Harbaugh? How about $100,000,000 over five years and five % of the team?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 16, 2014 at 7:10 AM ]
Kaepernick is only worth his rookie contract, nothing more. Though he has performed well in the last two years, the young man has a long way to go to be in the same breath as the top QBs in the league that are commanding high salaries. Let Kap play out his rookie contract and franchise-tag him after that. When he does win the 6th for us, we then will pay him.
Originally posted by Playingblind07:
Kaepernick is only worth his rookie contract, nothing more. Though he has performed well in the last two years, the young man has a long way to go to be in the same breath as the top QBs in the league that are commanding high salaries. Let Kap play out his rookie contract and franchise-tag him after that. When he does win the 6th for us, we then will pay him.

this statement is utterly pathetic.
Originally posted by Playingblind07:

lol so a QB has to win a Super Bowl to get a fair market contract? Nice way to leave us with nothing at QB.
Share 49ersWebzone