LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 460 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.

Is that the Andrew Luck who threw multiple interceptions and got blown out in the playoffs or the Andrew Luck who threw multiple interceptions and still won but was somehow better than Kap...how about the Andrew Luck who hasnt looked good at all since Wayne went down...much like a lot of other young QBs?
And dont get me started on Foles he is in a gimmick offense that throws three yard outs to track stars that then run it for 50 yards and a TD...the guy's longest passes in the air are glorfied handoffs.

Nick Foles lead the league in Yards Per Attempt.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
If a gimmick offense allows your qb to throw 7 td passes in a game and have that kind of td to int ratio.i want to run a gimmick offense
Yeah....I think I am done with this conversation after seeing that. I dont know if its just not watching games, or thinking everyone else is perfect, or god help us if its skin color....but if your list looks like that...there is no talking to you.

Do you only watch and discuss the NFL with 49er fans? This would explain your reaction to my list.

What are you going to tell me next? That Crabtree is a Top 5 WR in the league? Time for many of you to take off the gold & red blinders on. Face reality.
Yeah....I think I am done with this conversation after seeing that. I dont know if its just not watching games, or thinking everyone else is perfect, or god help us if its skin color....but if your list looks like that...there is no talking to you.

Do you only watch and discuss the NFL with 49er fans? This would explain your reaction to my list.

What are you going to tell me next? That Crabtree is a Top 5 WR in the league? Time for many of you to take off the gold & red blinders on. Face reality.

Football Outsiders, Pro-Football Focus, and ESPN must all be 49er fans because they rate Kap much higher than you. Kap's acclaim and prestige is a big 49er fan conspiracy that you are working hard to warn us all about. Thank you for your efforts, but you know what on second thought, no thanks.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Football Outsiders, Pro-Football Focus, and ESPN must all be 49er fans because they rate Kap much higher than you. Kap's acclaim and prestige is a big 49er fan conspiracy that you are working hard to warn us all about. Thank you for your efforts, but you know what on second thought, no thanks.

Are these rankings for Kaepernick the Quarterback or his output this season being surrounded by Pro Bowlers? Am I to believe McCown is a superior Quarterback than Eli Manning because he had a superior season on a superior offense?

No one with a brain would put Kaepernick as the 10th best Quarterback on planet earth. That's hilarious.
Are these rankings for Kaepernick the Quarterback or his output this season being surrounded by Pro Bowlers? Am I to believe McCown is a superior Quarterback than Eli Manning because he had a superior season on a superior offense?

No one with a brain would put Kaepernick as the 10th best Quarterback on planet earth. That's hilarious.
Lot of folk with no brain. Shaub had pro bowlers as well but he threw his season away. Thank goodness for Kap the guy who performed better vs SEA than Peyton
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by English:
No longer taking you seriously.

Face it, half of Kaepernicks offense is Pro Bowlers. The offense around him will only decline as his salary increases.

Yes and he has a defense that is one of the best in the league which carries the team. Kaep is not that great. Perhaps he can get better if he can ever learn how to play from the pocket. That's up to him and how much time and effort he wants to put into it. But some classic "running QB's" from college systems like the Pistol with a read option never improve that. Will he? Who knows? He has a long way to go now. He has certain physical characteristics that are good. Very fast and has a rocket arm and he's tall and big and strong. He's just not natural at some things like being in the pocket. Which you really want for an NFL QB IMO.

So SD, now that Peyton Manning, an all time great QB, looked like a complete fool against the Seahawks D on a neutral field, how do you explain "not that good" Kaepernick coming one play short of beating them IN Seattle?

You keep saying Kap is no good, but he outperformed Peyton Manning in a more harsh environment against the same defense.

Denver's OL was a much better pass blocking unit than ours this year, and had more weapons to throw to. Yet Kap had the better game in the harder location.

What say you? I get the feeling youll just repeat the same things youve been saying, or just ignore this post because you have nothing.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:40 PM ]

Are these the same pro-bowlers who couldn't get a yard on first down running the ball? As disappointed as I was with Kaepernick's turnovers, he was part of the problem not the cause of the loss. If you are writing the guy off then you are being very premature and reactionary. If he is making the same mistakes throughout next year without improving I'll start worrying.

So many folks are willing to give up on a guy at the first frustration...makes me wonder how long you have been a fan...not be demean you, but seriously, do you really have so little patience? A year and a half and you are done?
Originally posted by Niners99:

Face it, half of Kaepernicks offense is Pro Bowlers. The offense around him will only decline as his salary increases.

Yes and he has a defense that is one of the best in the league which carries the team. Kaep is not that great. Perhaps he can get better if he can ever learn how to play from the pocket. That's up to him and how much time and effort he wants to put into it. But some classic "running QB's" from college systems like the Pistol with a read option never improve that. Will he? Who knows? He has a long way to go now. He has certain physical characteristics that are good. Very fast and has a rocket arm and he's tall and big and strong. He's just not natural at some things like being in the pocket. Which you really want for an NFL QB IMO.

So SD, now that Peyton Manning, an all time great QB, looked like a complete fool against the Seahawks D on a neutral field, how do you explain "not that good" Kaepernick coming one play short of beating them IN Seattle?

You keep saying Kap is no good, but he outperformed Peyton Manning in a more harsh environment against the same defense.

Denver's OL was a much better pass blocking unit than ours this year, and had more weapons to throw to. Yet Kap had the better game in the harder location.

What say you? I get the feeling youll just repeat the same things youve been saying, or just ignore this post because you have nothing.

I'm not going in to defend anyone here but Peyton having an off day amoungst others(that whole team stunk it up for the SB) does not mean that Kaep is anywhere near the QB Peyton is.

You and others have got a pretty weak argument here. Peyton is a 5 time MVP and holds the most prestigious records in the game.
Originally posted by AUniner:

I'm not going in to defend anyone here but Peyton having an off day amoungst others(that whole team stunk it up for the SB) does not mean that Kaep is anywhere near the QB Peyton is.

You and others have got a pretty weak argument here. Peyton is a 5 time MVP and holds the most prestigious records in the game.

Where did I say Kap was on the same level as Manning?

The entire point was that SD keeps saying Kap is overrated, and cant read defenses, yet he put up a MUCH better effort against the exact same D, in SEA, just 2 weeks before Manning.

Obviously Kap isnt as bad as the doubters think. Even the best QB in the NFL this season had no idea how to handle the SEA D.

As long as his contract doesn't hurt the team, I don't care.

The entire point was that SD keeps saying Kap is overrated, and cant read defenses, yet he put up a MUCH better effort against the exact same D, in SEA, just 2 weeks before Manning.

Obviously Kap isnt as bad as the doubters think. Even the best QB in the NFL this season had no idea how to handle the SEA D.

What's mind blowing is that they love to use the Seahawks game as a benchmark for what Kap can and can't do. But if it's Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning against the same defense, they "just had an off day".

Kap has had to face tough defenses all year. We play in the NFC West after all. We don't have the luxury of playing the Raiders twice a year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

What's mind blowing is that they love to use the Seahawks game as a benchmark for what Kap can and can't do. But if it's Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning against the same defense, they "just had an off day".

Kap has had to face tough defenses all year. We play in the NFC West after all. We don't have the luxury of playing the Raiders twice a year.

Brees, Brady, Peyton have WON SUPER BOWLS. Of course they are evaluated in a different light. Kaep has proven he can't win the BIG GAME so far. What he does in the future who knows?
Brees, Brady, Peyton have WON SUPER BOWLS. Of course they are evaluated in a different light. Kaep has proven he can't win the BIG GAME so far. What he does in the future who knows?

Manning won one superbowl. Manning now has the most playoff season losses in NFL history, so does that mean Manning cant win big games?
Originally posted by martysofresh:

Manning won one superbowl. Manning now has the most playoff season losses in NFL history, so does that mean Manning cant win big games?

I just told you he WON THE SUPER BOWL. Plenty of NFL players and historical NFL players can't say that. That puts you in a different category. Steve Young won just 1 and he is regarded as the best thing since sliced bread around the WZ. Manning has played in 3. Young played in 1. Who is better? Manning won 3 AFC Championships. A feat Young only did 1 time ever (NFC Championship). It's hard to get there. And it's hard to win. Manning is better than Young by far career wise.

At any rate our guy has not proven he can win a BIG GAME yet.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone