There are 229 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
He is worth his rookie contract signed until he proves he can win something. Russell Wilson can win. Can Kaep?

Apparently he can unless you are one of those Kaep haters that think that a SB appearance and 2 NFC championship games mean nothing. I get you're a Kaep Hater but the reality is he a REALLY GOOD QB. Wilson threw for a whopping 208 yds against a mediocre defense tonight on a neutral field. If you think he's better than Kaep then you are a fool.

I see Wilson holding a Super Bowl trophy. Let me know when Kaep does that.....

Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl trophy too. Your arguments change with the wind.

I would rather have the Trophy than players who can't win the BIG GAME. But hey maybe that's just me. Seattle is better in all phases and the BIG MOMENT is not too big for them.
I'm quite confident in saying a 6pack of 5-hour energy and a bag of Doritos.
They might up the ante and throw in some Chicken McNuggets. I just hope he doesn't
CHOKE on them.
Seriously SD take some time out. You've made you case. Stop ramming it down everyones throat in every f**king thread. EVERY. f**kING. THREAD!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He is worth his rookie contract signed until he proves he can win something. Russell Wilson can win. Can Kaep?

Apparently he can unless you are one of those Kaep haters that think that a SB appearance and 2 NFC championship games mean nothing. I get you're a Kaep Hater but the reality is he a REALLY GOOD QB. Wilson threw for a whopping 208 yds against a mediocre defense tonight on a neutral field. If you think he's better than Kaep then you are a fool.
Wilson and Kap are statistically pretty close with a slight edge to Wilson, Pro football Reference is your friend.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Seriously SD take some time out. You've made you case. Stop ramming it down everyones throat in every f**king thread. EVERY. f**kING. THREAD!

This is the same guy who said the clueless comment that we would go 0-16 in Harbaughs first year.

He was also on Tebows nuts
  • dj43

Wilson's value in last night's game cannot be measured by yardage alone. His ability to convert 3rd downs has been remarkable. He extends plays while looking for receivers as well as anyone in the game. That is a talent he brought with him from Wisconsin. His touch on short, medium and long range throws belies his lack of experience. The throw he made down the left side last night to Baldwin was textbook. His running ability, though not spectacular like some of Kaepernick's runs or Cam's power drives, is second to no one else. He has been big in big games.

So, I guess that means you can count me in as a fool.
http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Spotrac's Prediction: 6 years, $118,382,000

Average annual salary $19,730, 000, estimated $43,847,000 guaranteed
-------------------------------------

Jesus. I think they're high . . . and you can take that any way you want to.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

holy crap.

I hope Kaep realizes he needs to compromise on his salary so that we can keep building a dominating defense and sign some good WRs.
  • thl408
Guys, don't you see SD likes it when you quote and respond to him? I was a regular poster on a different forum and we had a dude just like him. He's playin you guys.

I hope Kap takes $13-$15 on a short term deal. Give more guaranteed and hope he takes a 3-4 year deal. This would provide him with the option of cashing in huge when/if he deserves it on his next deal. It takes some balls on his part to sign that short of a deal, but if he is confident that he will realize his potential, he may take this kind of deal knowing he will be able to justifiably earn it ($20/yr kind of deal).
Originally posted by thl408:
Guys, don't you see SD likes it when you quote and respond to him? I was a regular poster on a different forum and we had a dude just like him. He's playin you guys.

I hope Kap takes $13-$15 on a short term deal. Give more guaranteed and hope he takes a 3-4 year deal. This would provide him with the option of cashing in huge when/if he deserves it on his next deal. It takes some balls on his part to sign that short of a deal, but if he is confident that he will realize his potential, he may take this kind of deal knowing he will be able to justifiably earn it ($20/yr kind of deal).

I won't respond on SD, I usually have no issues with him.

Onto the Kap taking $13-$15 million. I hope he takes in the $13-$16M range. It's fair for a QB who isn't elite, yet, and hasn't played more than 1 and a half seasons.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

That is very reasonable. That is pretty much in line with what AB has been saying.

If you take into account that the contract will escalate in the later years, that is fairly on par with the going rate.

Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Alex Smith would have accomplished the same.

Kaepernick is nowhere near being a "really good" QB. He's a middle of the pack NFL quarterback. Compared to other young QBs, he'll never be an Andrew Luck but the gap between Newton/Wilson and Kaepernick isn't that large.

IMO, Kaepernick is on the same level of a Nick Foles.

He's number #8 with Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders. Pretty sure he's ahead of Luck.

We are very lucky Luck is not our quarterback, fans would be saying that interception machine should be paid a 3-4 million a year contract.
He's number #8 with Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders. Pretty sure he's ahead of Luck.

We are very lucky Luck is not our quarterback, fans would be saying that interception machine should be paid a 3-4 million a year contract.

Luck is head and shoulders above Kaepernick. Watching the two operate is like witnessing Steve Young and Steve Bono.

If Kaepernick operated with the Colts offense, he would have been benched. Give Andrew half of the 49ers offensive line, Vernon Davis, or Crabtree & Boldin.
[ Edited by Forty_Niners on Feb 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:

Luck is head and shoulders above Kaepernick. Watching the two operate is like witnessing Steve Young and Steve Bono.

If Kaepernick operated with the Colts offense, he would have been benched. Give Andrew half of the 49ers offensive line, Vernon Davis, or Crabtree & Boldin.

They play the guy who throws more interceptions and wins fewer playoff games? I thought the winning part was the good part.
Share 49ersWebzone