LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

• BobS
  • Veteran
If he passes the tests against the Panther's and Seahawk's defenses (sorry lighting up the Packers doesn't count) he is worth $18 mil a year for 5-6 years that would put him just outside of elite pay. If he lays an egg against either of those teams give him $15 mil a year for 3-4 years.
Kap has (including the Postseason):

a 20-7 record
an NFC Championship and, consequently, a Super Bowl Berth
a 3-1 postseason record (only loss in playoffs is in the superbowl by 3)
a 36-14 TD to INT ratio
8.1 yards per passing ATTEMPT
6.9 yards per rushing attempt
12 rushing TDs
6 fumbles lost
(for a total of 48 TDs to 20 turnovers)
6 game-winning drives, including 5 in the 4th quarter...

Don't be driven by emotion, Kaepernick is a good QB with a ton of upside. He is the franchise QB and will be for years now. If you don't like it, please stop complaining about it and go be a Seahawks fan.
[ Edited by joseglopez00 on Jan 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Hmm, we have the highest paid QB in the league - but in context, is worth every penny. 23% of our salary is wrapped up in two players. Matthews is overpaid by about 4 million per season, but Rodgers is our absolute necessity. It really does hold a team back in their options (Free Agency, resigning important pieces of the puzzle)

Looking around the league,

There is no way Romo, Flacco and Cutler should have gotten the contracts they did. All they did was inflate the market to a point where if you flash a little brilliance or win a bowl game you can expect to be the highest paid player in the league. The only Quarterbacks I feel that are worth the money paid to Flacco are Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

Kaepernick IS a gamechanger. I have been on the wrong end of his skillset as a fan, he is a scary proposition for any team. When surrounded by a strong supporting cast, I have a feeling he will be in the upper echelon of Quarterbacks' for years to come. You all saw the difference with Crabtree as a target. I think he will get

$80-100 - No superbowl victory, but continuing his development as a young QB
$120+ - A bowl victory

I personally think he is worth 13-15 mil a season, taking age, talent and current success into consideration. He just may average 5-8 more than that though, depending on how the season goes.

Thanks for coming here and contributing in a kind, respectful and helpful way.
Originally posted by joseglopez00:
Kap has (including the Postseason):

a 20-7 record
an NFC Championship and, consequently, a Super Bowl Berth
a 3-1 postseason record (only loss in playoffs is in the superbowl by 3)
a 36-14 TD to INT ratio
8.1 yards per passing ATTEMPT
6.9 yards per rushing attempt
12 rushing TDs
6 fumbles lost
(for a total of 48 TDs to 20 turnovers)
6 game-winning drives, including 5 in the 4th quarter...

Don't be driven by emotion, Kaepernick is a good QB with a ton of upside. He is the franchise QB and will be for years now. If you don't like it, please stop complaining about it and go be a Seahawks fan.

All of this
200 years, $1 trillion. With $40M guaranteed in the first 4years.
Trade Kaep....draft Johnny Football
Kaep is definitely getting a 100million, didn't mike Vick get a 100 mill a couple years ago?
Tough call.

All players slow down w/age so he'll need to develop other skills.

Maybe it's a short-term, long term debate?

I think a determining factor will be what other top QB's are making.

I tink he's WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Flaco, Cutler and a slew of others.

It's great that we have a top-notch FO w/Parrag on the team to work the numbers.

One thing for sure - he will be a 49er for a VERY long time.
get yo Vaseline ready
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Kaep is definitely getting a 100million, didn't mike Vick get a 100 mill a couple years ago?

When Vick was a Falcon in 2005 he signed a 10-year, $130 million dollar contract of which $37 million was guaranteed. The result....15-15 record and a 54% completion rate, along with that dog thing.

As an Eagle, he signed a 6-yr, $100 million dollar deal in 2010.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM ]

to win in this league you need a premier QB. Unless the 49er think they can draft someone easily next draft and have him contribute and play at a high level as a rookie, we pay Kaep the 100mil contract without hesitation. When guys like Cutler, Romo, Ryan etc. are getting north of 100mil, how can Kaep get less?
The thing is, with his style of play (good or bad), we're always going to have to surround him with quality receivers that can get open which isn't going to come cheap. As we've seen in the recent past, not an easy thing to do.
he is worth what those other qbs have re-signed for. you may not like it cap wise, but thats the reality of the league now until they do something about qb salaries.
I voted for 60 mil, thought you were talking garrrrrnteee money
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Straight cash homie
Share 49ersWebzone