There are 231 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

"Cutler signed a $126.7 million, seven-year contract that includes $54 million guaranteed." Unless Kaep wants to keep all his play makers he's going demand the same.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-01-06/sports/ct-jay-cutler-contract-bears-spt-0107-20140107_1_salary-cap-base-salary-tony-fiammetta
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I hope 60 Million range so we have money to keep Crabtree, Boldin, and Mike, the more money we have the more talent we can afford to give him on offense. Also, we will get cheaper and younger at center this offseason I assume, and carlos could always be cut for additional space. And at some point Gore will retire.

u shut your mouth when you talk about Gore, he's gonna play until 2023.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Don't do this...Its the playoffs.....No distractions

What you think Kaep is going to RT this........ c'mon man, we're fans. Not in meetings, on the practice field or negotiating.

we might end up on Twitter
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NinersGiants:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think he'll be in the $100 mill range. Some of these dudes getting north of that aren't half the QBs Kap is. Kap has that "it" factor that a lot of these guys around the league just don't have. They're great fantasy point earners, but when the pressure is on, they fold. Kap turns it up a notch when that time comes. That's why he's gonna get paid.

"it" factor, he was 31st in passing through week 11 and had less running than Alex Smith lol

He struggled through the season while missing key playmakers and still led his team to a 12-4 record. He's also shown in multiple seasons now that he can step up in the playoffs and put the team on his back when they need him to. That is the "it" factor. Not your measly stats that you cut off at week 11 to fit the point you're trying to make. But nice try. lol

*actually it was a terrible, horrible try
  • marls
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
A bag of crushed Packer chips.

He's better than Stafford so $100 million. It's not what we think he's worth that matters, it's what another team's willing to pay him that does. The Bengals would pay him $100 mil easily.

Hopefully Kap factors in winning championships and endorsement deals (he's a hot item) into the mix. I'd rather make $75 mil and have rings than $120 mil and be on a losing team.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yeah I said about 4 months ago, he wasn't a 100M QB, and I still stand by that. He is a $14-$16M a yr QB though. I just think he is smart enough to realize not to bank on 1 big deal. Also we need to protect ourselves against possible problems. Kap has been great in 2 seasons, but he still has flaws. Some could say he looks good cause in 2012 he had Crabs, and 2013 he had Vernon and Boldin ballin.

I would go no higher than 65M Over 4 years, thats an average of $16.25M a yr. That should satisfy him. It will be interesting to see if they do signing bonus, or just straight up guaranteed base salaries. Cutler didn't get a bonus when signed. So interested in seeing this when offseason comes.

Also FYI, teams are now allowed to extend 2011 draft picks, once Week 17 ended, the window opened, we also need to decide on Aldon's 5th yr option. Should be in the $8.5 and $9.5M range for 2015.

I might be the only crazy fan here, but I would not go for broke on Aldon Smith. He's young and a stud. BUT he's had a down year albeit his personal problems. Which also scare me. The way the NFL is shaped, a Sack outside LB to fit a 3-4 is not too hard to find. Shoot, Brooks had almost 10 this season.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Don't do this...Its the playoffs.....No distractions

If this thread is enough to distract the team we'd be 0-16

Sometimes I think some webzoners believe they are on the active roster.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He's better than Stafford so $100 million. It's not what we think he's worth that matters, it's what another team's willing to pay him that does. The Bengals would pay him $100 mil easily.

Hopefully Kap factors in winning championships and endorsement deals (he's a hot item) into the mix. I'd rather make $75 mil and have rings than $120 mil and be on a losing team.

This. The more he wins, the more his value skyrockets in terms of commercials/endorsements, etc. There are legendary athletes that get endorsements to this day because they won during their careers.
I would hope that we could sign Kap to a 3/yr - 45 mil. Matthew Stafford type contract. That would be team friendly and would give Kap the ability to cash in again, for even more, later.

By the way, Aldon Smith and Kap will get paid. They will play for the Niners during their prime years. There is almost zero chance the Niners let either of these guys get away.

Originally posted by enchantedskillz:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yeah I said about 4 months ago, he wasn't a 100M QB, and I still stand by that. He is a $14-$16M a yr QB though. I just think he is smart enough to realize not to bank on 1 big deal. Also we need to protect ourselves against possible problems. Kap has been great in 2 seasons, but he still has flaws. Some could say he looks good cause in 2012 he had Crabs, and 2013 he had Vernon and Boldin ballin.

I would go no higher than 65M Over 4 years, thats an average of $16.25M a yr. That should satisfy him. It will be interesting to see if they do signing bonus, or just straight up guaranteed base salaries. Cutler didn't get a bonus when signed. So interested in seeing this when offseason comes.

Also FYI, teams are now allowed to extend 2011 draft picks, once Week 17 ended, the window opened, we also need to decide on Aldon's 5th yr option. Should be in the $8.5 and $9.5M range for 2015.

I might be the only crazy fan here, but I would not go for broke on Aldon Smith. He's young and a stud. BUT he's had a down year albeit his personal problems. Which also scare me. The way the NFL is shaped, a Sack outside LB to fit a 3-4 is not too hard to find. Shoot, Brooks had almost 10 this season.

Aldon Smith had 8.5 sacks in his down year. He played in 11 games with 8 starts. Tell me where else can we find that.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. The more he wins, the more his value skyrockets in terms of commercials/endorsements, etc. There are legendary athletes that get endorsements to this day because they won during their careers.

Same can be said, doesn't sign the big contract. (everyone close your eyes) Gets his knee blown up and that's that
Aldon Smith had 8.5 sacks in his down year. He played in 11 games with 8 starts. Tell me where else can we find that.

probably no where, and i'm not saying we are gonna find that. but we can save some $ and find someone close to that.
Gallette, Mathis, Abraham, Houston, Orakpo, Pace, Brooks, Dumervil, Worrlids, Cole... on and on. Now I have no idea any of their contract situations. But i'm sure some of them can be had for cheaper and produce 10+ sacks a year.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
A bag of crushed Packer nuts.

Fixed.

He's worth one.........HUNDRED DOLLARS!
Originally posted by enchantedskillz:

probably no where, and i'm not saying we are gonna find that. but we can save some $ and find someone close to that.
Gallette, Mathis, Abraham, Houston, Orakpo, Pace, Brooks, Dumervil, Worrlids, Cole... on and on. Now I have no idea any of their contract situations. But i'm sure some of them can be had for cheaper and produce 10+ sacks a year.
You are crazy if you let Aldon go. Dude is a straight up beast and will be for years. The team let Charles Haley go and he owned the Niners as a Cowboy.
Share 49ersWebzone