LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Also people need to think about this.

Crabtree, Aldon, Kap, we could extend Crabs or Kap this offseason, pickup Aldon's 5th yr option, and tag the one who doesn't sign an extension. I doubt Iupati gets $40-$45M from us. We need to lock up Boone soon, who I think will be a better player than Iupati. Also Staley deserves a raise. He has 0 guaranteed money left, they could either guarantee some years base salaries, or restructure and give him a signing bonus soon.

Future wise, we need to keep guys past 2014, Dorsey, Skuta, Wilhoite, Culliver, Hunter maybe, Miller(I hope soon).

I dont even want to think of what type of deal Reid will get in 2017 or 2018. I pray to the Lord that the NFL cap is close to $150M by then.

I said above a post or 2, Vernon and Willis need to be extended, I believe they will in the offseason, helps flexibility with the cap, and gives them straight up signing bonus.

Pending wise, I would think Boldin and Whitner are top priorities. Brown will get an offer, but likely bolts. Dawson is an easy re-sign, I would do a 2yr deal. Wilhoite I mentioned above, he would be a RFA after 2014, so I hope we do the same we did for Spillman, and lock up Wilhoite. And Spillman is another guy who deserves an extension. There are so many guys, but little cap room. 2015 an 2016 if when we have major cap room. $35M in 2015, and $80M in 2016 I believe. I may be off, check my site, It's all updated.
We're about to find out.
whatevers worth more than alex smith
I hope 60 Million range so we have money to keep Crabtree, Boldin, and Mike, the more money we have the more talent we can afford to give him on offense. Also, we will get cheaper and younger at center this offseason I assume, and carlos could always be cut for additional space. And at some point Gore will retire.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM ]
the way these qbs are getting paid, probably alot!!!!!!!!
It will be tough for Baalke to keep the contract in the mid level range with the comments Harbaugh made after the last game. Every time Harbaugh says something like that Kaepernick's agent probably shoots a load.
As of 2012 he was worth $1.1+, so I guess towards the end of 2013 he should be within the $4m-$5m range.
The wave is coming. Some people want to believe its a mirage or just a storm, but no, its a tidal wave.

Kap is not getting a home town discount. Kap is getting paid. And yes, you better believe he is getting paid at least what other franchise quarterbacks are making. Like it or not, this off-season he will sign and it's going to be a big number. We have draft picks. We'll be fine.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The wave is coming. Some people want to believe its a mirage or just a storm, but no, its a tidal wave.

Kap is not getting a home town discount. Kap is getting paid. And yes, you better believe he is getting paid at least what other franchise quarterbacks are making. Like it or not, this off-season he will sign and it's going to be a big number. We have draft picks. We'll be fine.

He's gonna get Romo-money at the very least.
  • slip
  • Veteran
Kap has his baggers on this site, but he's only in his second year.

Top 50 Contracts: Quarterback-
http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB
if he leads us to the promise land this year and wins, he's priceless. give him the entire salary cap.
Hmm, we have the highest paid QB in the league - but in context, is worth every penny. 23% of our salary is wrapped up in two players. Matthews is overpaid by about 4 million per season, but Rodgers is our absolute necessity. It really does hold a team back in their options (Free Agency, resigning important pieces of the puzzle)

Looking around the league,

There is no way Romo, Flacco and Cutler should have gotten the contracts they did. All they did was inflate the market to a point where if you flash a little brilliance or win a bowl game you can expect to be the highest paid player in the league. The only Quarterbacks I feel that are worth the money paid to Flacco are Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

Kaepernick IS a gamechanger. I have been on the wrong end of his skillset as a fan, he is a scary proposition for any team. When surrounded by a strong supporting cast, I have a feeling he will be in the upper echelon of Quarterbacks' for years to come. You all saw the difference with Crabtree as a target. I think he will get

$80-100 - No superbowl victory, but continuing his development as a young QB
$120+ - A bowl victory

I personally think he is worth 13-15 mil a season, taking age, talent and current success into consideration. He just may average 5-8 more than that though, depending on how the season goes.
Two dollars and a nickel. Why the nickel you ask? Because it's not easy.
It all depends on how far we go here in the playoffs. If we take it all he's going to garner 30% of the salary cap, and you can say goodbye to winning just like the ravens had to
Share 49ersWebzone