LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 456 users in the forums

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I ain't scarred of Seattle. I preferably would like to be the team to crush their "already won" SB.

If the 49ers go up there and lose the championship game, the troll tsunami would be unbearable. But I guess the same could be said if the 49er beat them there ... I am sure there are many that would not let their fan base forget it.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by swayze:
beat carolina, then we'll talk

This. Carolina is no joke.

This is a fan forum, so talking smack and looking ahead is what happens. I am sure the people that matter are focusing on the task at hand.
I'm rooting for the Saints to beat the Hawks and we get to host the Saints. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that scenario. However, beating Seattle in Seattle to advance to the Superbowl would really feel damn good. I just want to win the damn Superbowl this year. Get Frank Gore and Justin Smith their rings! Whatever it takes!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

This is a fan forum, so talking smack and looking ahead is what happens. I am sure the people that matter are focusing on the task at hand.

And yes of course, we most definitely have to beat Carolina first! Trust me our team is looking ahead at this scenario that were talking about. They have all of their focus and attention on handling business against Carolina.
I really... really want to beat Seattle in their house. But damn, that will be so difficult.
Getting back to the Super Bowl would be very satisfying either way.
  • bret
  • Veteran
While part of me wants to show up the Seahawks, another part thinks this: we've already avenged the Seahawks loss; if we win this week we will have avenged the Carolina loss; if we beat the Saints at home, we will have avenged that loss; and if we beat the Colts in the Superbowl, we will have beaten every team on our schedule as well as winning the Super Bowl!

But in the end, I don't care - just get to the Super Bowl and win!!
One last playoff game at Candlestick would be awesome...
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

And yes of course, we most definitely have to beat Carolina first! Trust me our team is looking ahead at this scenario that were talking about. They have all of their focus and attention on handling business against Carolina.

Most of the smack talkers are the ones who are full on schizo in the gameday threads, oscillating wildly from players being utterly incompetent goons on one play to the second coming on the next.

I'm quite sure the team is focused on Carolina, but threads like this build expectation and hype and then lead to the Webzone being unbearable for days if the game doesn't pan out as hoped.
Everyone on here (except original poster of this thread) would prefer to play @ home vs. Saints. Its a no brainer.

The LIKELY senario is we go to Seattle to play them. Any way you look at it, the next 2 possible games (assuming we play Carolina AND Seattle) will be hard fought, defensive, low scoring games.

I used to be the hard core fan type who always wanted the very best team at full strength to show we are the best.

Now I'm a lot more neutral but at the same time, welcome the challenge.

The way I see it, Seattle is likely. If they somehow lose then I'm ok with the fact that perhaps they really aren't the world beaters everyone seems to think they are (ESP after dropping to AZ).

Supposedly the only real frightening home field advantage was the 2011 Saints. Us beating them in the playoffs was considered a bigger relief for Giants fans that year than the Saints winning in Seattle would be for us. That cocky fan base/team felt helpless in that dome.

BTW, I think the other motive behind the 18% picking Seattle:

1000% affirm that we advanced by beating them and not getting lucky to not have to play them. There are idiot fans in Seattle that think we lucked out getting ATL in the title game instead of them.

That much you have to appreciate.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 7, 2014 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
The scenario where we win the Super Bowl.

This. Hag fans can talk about the score for their home games all they want to when Kap is lifting #6.
ANY OF EM ...we're gonna peel some caps back regardless whoever we play ....But a Farewell game at the Stick would be Bad Ass you gotta admit
Home game without a doubt. Leave the Seahawks fans with their ongoing inferiority complex and more unanswered questions.
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Beat the Panthers, Beat the Saints, Beat the Colts. That way we'll have gotten a win against everyone who has beaten us.

That would be interesting.

As for the OP, I think your are asking for what would be a more satisfying win. Final game at Candlestick, or rubbing it in the noses of the Seahawks in their stadium. I voted for Candlestick due to nostalgia, but I have to admit it would be quite satisfying to beat Seattle in their stadium. What could their fans say after the game? After beating them in their house in the playoffs, we would be clearly superior in all ways. Reading about their agony as they post on their boards would be classic entertainment.

However, we don't get to write the script of the season. If we have to travel to Seattle, we will probably lose. We COULD win, and as a niner fan I would be hoping for that like crazy, but the deck is stacked in their favor. I would much prefer a game that it would be probable that we win by a touchdown or more - hosting the Saints at Candlestick park.

They will NEVER admit to being beat. The will whine about officiating, injuries, SOMETHING. You can't argue football with them, because most of them are Sounders fans who only pay attention to football when the Seahawks are winning. They are a brash, disloyal, ignorant fanbase, and they don't know enough to learn their lesson, even if it gets placed right in front of them.
Share 49ersWebzone