LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

NFCCG @ CANDLESTICK - 9ERS VS SAINTS
Originally posted by ayetee:
Let's beat Carolina first, ok? One game at a time.

Actually the New Orleans vs. Seattle game is first. They play on Saturday. We play on Sunday....
Go into Seattle, where the 9ers have been blown out 2 games in a row, and beat them to advance to the Super Bowl. This would be a much more satisfying win because NOBODY thinks they can win up there.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Jan 7, 2014 at 4:23 AM ]
  • Kwlui
  • Veteran
What may seem like the easiest route is not always the best one. Iron shapes iron, right?? If New Orleans goes into Seattle and beats Seattle, that's a team i dont want to play in our nice little farewell to candlestick anyways. We already said good-bye to Candlestick, and we have had our sites set on Seattle in Seattle since we got embarrassed there earlier. There is even a commercial documenting it. its going to be cloudy and people will throw stuff at Kap and the bus. Destiny.
Of couse as of now I would rather play at the Stick. Having said that, If you could tell me that we would win at either venue's, NOTHING would be more sweet than Shutting up that 12th man. (other than winning the superbowl of course)
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Who are these 19% that voted to play in Seattle than against an inferior Saints team at the Stick??

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Man, do we have some irrational brethren on this board. haha

"We choose to go to... (Seattle) ...and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win..."

I know it is only a game, but that really is why.
I'm apart of the 19% or whatever the number is now. Some of the posters are speaking as if they are playing. We're not playing. We're fans. We're only watching the games. The assumption is that wherever the game is, we win and advance to the Super Bowl. Given that, yes I'd rather go into Seattle and win. The best case scenario would be for us to win #6 and shut up Seattle along the way. I'd love to see that decibel meter on the screen in a completely quiet C-Link with us blowing them out, similar to the way we did the Bears in the 1988 NFC Championship. I think our players would love that experience as well. We are riding the white jersey all the way to the title.
Beat the Panthers, Beat the Saints, Beat the Colts. That way we'll have gotten a win against everyone who has beaten us.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Beat the Panthers, Beat the Saints, Beat the Colts. That way we'll have gotten a win against everyone who has beaten us.

...but I still want Seattle.
[ Edited by ayetee on Jan 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM ]
  • Jiks
I ain't scarred of Seattle. I preferably would like to be the team to crush their "already won" SB.

• fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners_guy:

That would be interesting.

As for the OP, I think your are asking for what would be a more satisfying win. Final game at Candlestick, or rubbing it in the noses of the Seahawks in their stadium. I voted for Candlestick due to nostalgia, but I have to admit it would be quite satisfying to beat Seattle in their stadium. What could their fans say after the game? After beating them in their house in the playoffs, we would be clearly superior in all ways. Reading about their agony as they post on their boards would be classic entertainment.

However, we don't get to write the script of the season. If we have to travel to Seattle, we will probably lose. We COULD win, and as a niner fan I would be hoping for that like crazy, but the deck is stacked in their favor. I would much prefer a game that it would be probable that we win by a touchdown or more - hosting the Saints at Candlestick park.
I don't see why losing to Breesus and the Saints at home and then us beating them at the stick wouldn't also be an affirmation of our dominance. Beating Greenbay in the Ice Bowl II and then beating a good Carolina team at BoA would assert our dominance as well.

With that said, having one more game at the Stick would be my ultimate dream. Then I want to see fans storm the field and rip down the uprights.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Your just playing into the Seachickens hands by admitting that it's hard playing in Seattle and that winning there would be a major achievement.
beat carolina, then we'll talk
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
beat carolina, then we'll talk

This. Carolina is no joke.
Share 49ersWebzone