LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

49ers give Brown a $300,000 bonus gift

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its a lot less than $2 mil but it is a heck of gesture. He has played well and developed as a player. Kind of a draft steal. Don't think he will be around much in the future though.
I think the fact that its not like a pre-extension bonus is kind of the point. It's a selfless act made entirely about helping rectify an unfortunate situation (that's not the team's fault) without any ulterior motive.
A class move but I'm all for they player getting as much as they can. The game has shown that playing will bring physical and mental problems down the line. According to the NFL there were no concussion issues until a few years ago. Brown, IMO, is the best cover corner we have if they can afford it I hope they sign him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Cheap b*****ds should have at least paid him 2 million.

FYP

Not like they didn't budget for it anyway.

For reals doe if the dude reported to camp in shape they should have paid him his money. He's a quality cb who was already being underpaid.

I have to agree with sis on this one.

If the niners had room, the team should've given him the two million.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Cheap b*****ds should have at least paid him 2 million.

FYP

Not like they didn't budget for it anyway.
How much was his game by game check for this past season AB?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
How much was his game by game check for this past season AB?

He had a $500,000 roster bonus, divided by 16, which made it $31,250 a game, but he had to be active on the 46 man roster to receive it.

Also confirmation, his new $300K bonus is a signing bonus.

Tukuafu signed a 2yr deal. likely 2nd yr base salary is $570K or $645K depending on accrued years.

And Perrish Cox's deal doesn't count against the cap.
Not impressed. I know they can't pay him outright because then you set a president and a potential moral hazard down the line with other players, but they should have reworked his contract so there was a possibility for him to recoup that money. You know, tie it to some kind of performance measures. He's a starting corner on one of the best defenses in the league. He's been way under paid for years, anyway.
Why do you guys say he wont resign? He'll be 29 and that starts getting old for a CB and Rogers will not be back next season. He'd probably take a $5mll per year deal.
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
Not impressed. I know they can't pay him outright because then you set a president and a potential moral hazard down the line with other players, but they should have reworked his contract so there was a possibility for him to recoup that money. You know, tie it to some kind of performance measures. He's a starting corner on one of the best defenses in the league. He's been way under paid for years, anyway.

Originally posted by SFsFinest:

Shocking that a post like this comes from you. Still not sure why the mods haven't banned you for being a Seaderall troll. Amazing what our mods let people get away with here whereas on Seacrap.net if you so much as mention the 49ers you are banned.

Share 49ersWebzone