LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

No way, it's one thing to "let teams play" on "ticky tack" calls, but many of the calls that were missed (e.g., Ray Mcdonald getting choked/held on what would have been a 4th and 2 sack) can alter games.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We lost the superbowl because of this type of officiating, and we almost lost this game because of it too. Yeah, you're on your own.

100% correct.

Ticky Tack calls are one thing, obvious fouls are another.
I get your point about it being fair, EXCEPT our DBs and OL played a clean game and theirs DID NOT. So it may seem fair that neither side got calls, but the difference in play was pretty dramatic.

It's one thing when the DB and receiver are competing for position (like when a WR runs right at the DB to then make a cut after contact) - that was happening a lot and the refs weren't calling - good by me.

By the GB DBs were grabbing our receivers running past them - Crabtree in the endzone - that is a crazy - or totally biased non-call. And the GB OL non-calls was ridiculous as well. Many times your could see our OLB and DL players getting nearly pulled off their feet by the OL holding.

As a matter of fact, Aldon Smith's reaction was comical at one point - he was held so blatantly that he didn't even turn to the refs to complain - he simply walked off the field and shrugged at the coaches like it was to be expected.
I've seen worse, aka superbowl last season, crabtree getting Pi, Brett Miller being raped on the kickoff for a touch down. But this team is better than last season no doubt in my mind, good teams always find a way to win, even if the refs are doing a poor job.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I get your point about it being fair, EXCEPT our DBs and OL played a clean game and theirs DID NOT. So it may seem fair that neither side got calls, but the difference in play was pretty dramatic.

It's one thing when the DB and receiver are competing for position (like when a WR runs right at the DB to then make a cut after contact) - that was happening a lot and the refs weren't calling - good by me.

By the GB DBs were grabbing our receivers running past them - Crabtree in the endzone - that is a crazy - or totally biased non-call. And the GB OL non-calls was ridiculous as well. Many times your could see our OLB and DL players getting nearly pulled off their feet by the OL holding.

As a matter of fact, Aldon Smith's reaction was comical at one point - he was held so blatantly that he didn't even turn to the refs to complain - he simply walked off the field and shrugged at the coaches like it was to be expected.

Fully agree, Aldon was held more than once, one time the Lt who went out gave aldon a hug on a play. My favorite moment is when Aldon hit the netural zone and than got back and was like hush to the crowd.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM ]
The officiated was pretty good.

Next time McDonald needs to wrap up, and NOT go for the ball, just keep the quarterback in your arms. If he did that, even if he was pulled away, Rodgers would not have been able to escape or make any kind of throw.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're at the point our team is too talented/hardened to be stopped from dips**t officials.

Great point, I agree.
Team just says f**k it and plays through. Hella good way to deal with it rather than mounting frustration and anger. Just take it out on the opponent..

The p***y's err Panthers are pretty good but I think the Niners bring the wood next week and especially Kap has a score to settle..
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/wild-card-awards-best-and-worst-from-sunday-s-games-010514

They talk about Aarons great escape and then show the BLATANT hold on Ray Mac... I can LOL now cause we won
Originally posted by Antix:
I believe the game was officiated ok. People here complain about non calls for us, but never say anything when we aren't called. There was a PI and a holding on passes that coulda been called on us but weren't. I agree Crabs was mugged in the endzone on the potential TD, but they consistently let players play. They also called a holding on GB on a play to Crabs that was a good call. Now if they didn't call that one, then called us on some ticky tack PI s**t, then I'd be mad. I think fans are starting to buy into the refs throwing flags every time a receiver is touched, that is, unless it is one of our DBs doing the touching.

The refs consistently let the game go on and I'm perfectly ok with that. If we lost I wouldn't be blaming refs. I'd blame our play calling in the red zone and our inability to score TDs unless the other team does.
Consistently let the players play. Thats ALL I want from the refs. A game will never be 100% rightly officiated, but today wasn't terrible. Yes the Ray Mac non call sucked but he should have wrapped up as well. I'm tired of players and fans looking for a flag whenever a ball is incomplete, or there's a hard hit on somebody. I loved it. The game was relatively smooth and the best team won.
Ray was not going for the ball, he was getting pulled 180 by his jersey sleeve.

I am all for letting a little more contact go here and there. But the hold on Ray Mac was f**king ridiculous. Same goes for the hold on Crabs on our second possession in the endzone. He turned Crabtree around and prevented him from extending to catch the pass (which was a nice throw by Kap).
F**k this officiating!! We will lose against Seattle for sure with this bs and even Carolina. If the refs let Carolina hold all game with that pass rush of theirs we will see McCoy in the game
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The officiated was pretty good.

Next time McDonald needs to wrap up, and NOT go for the ball, just keep the quarterback in your arms. If he did that, even if he was pulled away, Rodgers would not have been able to escape or make any kind of throw.

Think he need to re-watch that play. Ray Mac comes in and wraps his left arm around Rodgers waste. As he goes to wrap up with his right the o-line man holds him and twists him around preventing him from getting that second arm on Rodgers.
Originally posted by ubaisore:

Look at his right arm from the front angle. As he is getting mugged his right arm goes straight into the air, going for the football. Just because someone is grabbing you, doesn't mean you have to reach into the air like that.

Of course, if he actually punches the ball out, then he becomes the hero.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ubaisore:

Look at his right arm from the front angle. As he is getting mugged his right arm goes straight into the air, going for the football. Just because someone is grabbing you, doesn't mean you have to reach into the air like that.

Of course, if he actually punches the ball out, then he becomes the hero.

You may be right I keep watching the GIF and it is hard to see how/where the arm comes up. Either way, that was a serious hold/turn/attempt at strangling, whatever it should be called. I know they were letting the teams play, but that seemed egregious
Share 49ersWebzone