LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I can't be the only one who LOVED the officiating!

We lost the superbowl because of this type of officiating, and we almost lost this game because of it too. Yeah, you're on your own.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Are you drunk? The non-call on McDonald almost cost us the gAME. I have never seen WR's mugged like ours were today. I do not whine about officiating. But today, I was taken aback. I mean I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but after today, I think someone in the nfl front office doesn't like us. Sorry, it was ridiculous.

THIS THIS THIS THIS..AMEN..!!!!! ITS EVERY WEEK..HORRIBLE CALLS AGAINST US AND NO CALLS FOR US..!!!

Yeah when do we ever get helped out by the refs. I don't get how crabtree can get mugged so hard and no call. And how do u miss the call on mcdonald being held. Its right there and so blatant

^^^

It won't be lovable until the refs call a fair game between Niners and the seaderrall CAWK suckers... F*** the refs and Roger Badhell!!
I'm sure Pete is praising the officials from Wild Card weekend. If they don't make calls during the Seahawks games Pete will have them wearing brass knuckles starting with the Saints game.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm sure Pete is praising the officials from Wild Card weekend. If they don't make calls during the Seahawks games Pete will have them wearing brass knuckles starting with the Saints game.

Idk...Bree's is a referee
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jimrat:
These no calls cost us the Super Bowl last year............

but OP loves it.

This. Good point jim.
You guys have to understand that WE also look at the game very one sided as well. I'm sure if we watched the game through Packers fans eyes we may have just as many complaints as well..
ya i loved the holding allowed on two would be TDs and the non call on that obvious hold and grab when rodgers was getting sacked. awesome. im all for letting the guys play but you gotta call the painfully obvious ones
I hated it. They kept the 9ers from scoring two TD's to Crabtree in the endzone. Two PI's that would have made it 1st and goal. With all the holding that was going on its amazing the 9ers held the Packers to a field on their final drive. Those no calls could have cost the game. So no I didn't like the way the game was called. I understand let them be physical, but that was blatant holding and PI's all game long......
i hate the refs, they control the game more than the coach does
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I believe the game was officiated ok. People here complain about non calls for us, but never say anything when we aren't called. There was a PI and a holding on passes that coulda been called on us but weren't. I agree Crabs was mugged in the endzone on the potential TD, but they consistently let players play. They also called a holding on GB on a play to Crabs that was a good call. Now if they didn't call that one, then called us on some ticky tack PI s**t, then I'd be mad. I think fans are starting to buy into the refs throwing flags every time a receiver is touched, that is, unless it is one of our DBs doing the touching.

The refs consistently let the game go on and I'm perfectly ok with that. If we lost I wouldn't be blaming refs. I'd blame our play calling in the red zone and our inability to score TDs unless the other team does.
[ Edited by Antix on Jan 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM ]
I'm all for letting the guys play and only calling obvious/blatant penalties. For the most part, I like the officiating because is was consistent.

But that no-call of the holding on McDonald that allowed Rogers to complete the 26 yard pass to Cobb.... that sucked. It was a pretty obvious hold. Had we lost, that would have been a big one.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

True that. That 'let em play' officiating is what the hawks love. They hold every damn play and get away with it
This was very similar officiating as the Superbowl but i felt we had better experience in playing this type of game. We didn't adapt Vs. Baltimore and played clean, didn't grab, hold, bite. While GB still out grabbed us, at least we did our share. I'll take Ed Hoculi over Jerome Boger any day of the week and would be happy to see Eddie again before this post season is out.

Yes, there were penalties that affected the game that were not called but would've loved this situation all year long especially at New Orleans.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jimrat:
These no calls cost us the Super Bowl last year............

but OP loves it.

This. Good point jim.
You guys have to understand that WE also look at the game very one sided as well. I'm sure if we watched the game through Packers fans eyes we may have just as many complaints as well..

yup...could have had a few Pass interference calls against us...let em play
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I was really upset at the non-calls in the first quarter....but then when I seen the refs were just letting guys play, I was all for it. I have ZERO problem with not calling every ticky tack call. They let the teams play ball today and the better team won..period. Good job refs.

no, cause the packers got away with a lot of stuff.

IMO evened the playing field for them.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jan 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM ]
I liked that they called it both ways and let everybody play and it wasn't one sided. There was no favortism.
But you can't let egregious stuff go just because you don't want to throw any flags. Also I'm sure
the refs were COLD too. It wasn't just the players out there. Whenever you call a penalty, the clock stops.
Whenever you measure for a first down, the clock stops. Both teams got generous spots for first downs instead of measuring.
Its as simple as this -- The refs wanted to go home and quickly. The game had a total of 5 penalties. That's both teams
put together! Either it's one of the cleanest games ever played, Oorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..........
Share 49ersWebzone