LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 185 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Divisional Round)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by sanjay122499:
Its a revenge game but where 7-1 at home ....Media and people are thinking Panthers are 1 & done and we got something to prove also.

Cam & Company > Cap & Company.

Panthers fan here..........Looking forward to the rematch with 49rs, its going to get ugly in Carolina especially if it rains.
Both team have a top defense and will give their respective team a chance to win but I'm taking Cam & company > Cap company for the W.

Soooooo, you're taking the Panthers I gather

The panthers offense is nothing to brag about, if anything that will be the reason they will be going home. We faced the best qb possible through the NFC with brees possibly being the next, I'll take my chances with cam throwing the ball and him forcing something
If we can't run against a 4 man front it's going to be a long ass day.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
All I know is that it's very hard to beat the same team twice

Aaron Rodgers disapproves of this message.
We trail 10-7 until Mike "Don't leave me open" Crabtree catches the game winning touchdown
This will be easier.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
We trail 10-7 until Mike "Don't leave me open" Crabtree catches the game winning touchdown

I haven't heard any of the talking heads even mention Crabtree and his 120+
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Head back to Santa Clara. Get plenty of rest, get fluids in them. Get them warm, hopefully nobody gets sick. Then head to Carolina Friday. We should be able to beat them but I'm worried (always am) since the 49ers just don't do well against the Panthers. Never have, like a 3-6 record against them all time. Some teams just dont do well against certain teams.

I'm pretty sure they're staying in Youngstown.

Negrodamus has seen an incorrect future.

Actually you've seen the correct future as the HC and practice facility is in SC....
Originally posted by strickac:
I've never seen the 49ers play live. Being in NC, this might be a great opportunity. I wonder what tickets will run...

Sold out!!!
I don't know why but I just feel like we will destroy Carolina. Probably delusional but this team is more determined to prove themselves than ever before.
FWIW Carolina after a bye under Ron Rivera . . . 0-3

"Smith has been doing treadmill, elliptical and underwater treadmill work. But he has not yet said he'll be ready for the Jan. 12 playoff game.
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/03/4585952/panthers-hope-to-have-steve-smith.html#.UsoYqtCYbWw#storylink=cpy"

ICE UP SON.
Lol we will win. What Cam needs is a Golden globe for his acting skills. The dude flops like no other lolz
I think if the 49ers can weather the east coast west coast 10 am start and take Panthera's early punches then they should match up really well vs Panthera. 49ers already a -1.5 favorite. and maybe no Steve Smith for the Panthers too maybe.
Go 49ers!
Its a revenge game but where 7-1 at home ....Media and people are thinking Panthers are 1 & done and we got something to prove also.

Cam & Company > Cap & Company.

I get that you're a fan, but you can't claim that Steve Smith (if he even can play), Brandon Lafell and Ted Ginn are better as a wide receiver corps than Michael Crabtree, and Anquan Boldin. Throw in Patton who is explosive and it's not even close.

Greg Olsen is pretty good, but he's not better than Vernon Davis.

Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter are a better set of RBs than Carolina has, though this is closer to a draw.

Cam Newton is good, but so is Kaepernick. I'd call this a draw just because they are both dangerous in their own way.

Offensively the Niners have more talent, and defensively the teams are pretty even. If you guys beat us by 1 last time without Crabtree and VD, I can't see how you can hope to beat us now in the playoffs, even if the Niners are on the road.

The media hating the Niners just plays into the coaches' hands too, this team loves to play as the underdog. Which is why Seattle better watch out.
Share 49ersWebzone