There are 180 users in the forums

Passing Game Offense in Sub-Zero Weather

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
It's a heat wave. Kickoff temp expected to be 4 degrees.

Be nice if'in this be true.......I.d settle ,for any thing above Zero
oh yes. Not must wind either .
Kap's bullets are going to be painful.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
It's a heat wave. Kickoff temp expected to be 4 degrees.

You know how f**ked up it is that right now, late at night, its 12 degrees in Green Bay, 8 degrees warmer than at kickoff time.
I think we run all day. Granted gore has problems staying on his feet with cutting when the field is s**t...think the 3 headed monster comes out tomorrow.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Kap's bullets are going to be painful.

You are right, didn't think of that. Boldin and Crabtree do have freakish hands though, routinely make the tough catches and hardly ever get to catch easy ones lofted to them out in the open.
  • thl408
Originally posted by jreff22:
I think we run all day. Granted gore has problems staying on his feet with cutting when the field is s**t...think the 3 headed monster comes out tomorrow.

I would prefer that too. This may be a game for Hunter instead of Gore. To get to the edges or even wide of the tackles. However, I think GB will sell out with numbers to stop the 49ers run game. Kap will have his chances one on one on the outside.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Not only a misnomer but also redundant. Tundra is already frozen.

no it isnt
Heated chemical packs have been around for decades and are small enough to fit in your gloves and socks. I used them myself when I was stationed in Germany and the winters could get down to -10 to -25. I'm sure if the players are smart, they'll use something similar so the ball doesn't feel like a brick.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Not only a misnomer but also redundant. Tundra is already frozen.

no it isnt

tundra /"tVndr@/
· n. a vast, flat, treeless Arctic region of Europe, Asia, and North America in which the subsoil is permanently frozen.
– ORIGIN C16: from Lappish.

There ya go..so Lambut aint no tundra that's fer sure.

[ Edited by cris_sonic on Jan 5, 2014 at 12:44 AM ]

Originally posted by cris_sonic:

Where did you learn photoshop?
Originally posted by rondoman:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by rondoman:
Ice and snow favors the passing game I agree, but it will not be icy or snowy.

It is pretty much just frigid cold, which IMO favors the defense.

The field will be frozen hard ('frozen tundra') = icy = poor footing = usually favors offense if poor footing.

No it wont. GB has a heating system under the grass to keep the field from freezing.

itll be more like a s**t slushy than ice. its gonna be muddy as f**k from all the melting if they turn the heaters on
Originally posted by VancouverNiner:
you guys didnt hear?

cold weather is gonna be playing line backer in place of clay matthews and may also go on offense and line up in the slot from time to time. *rolls eyes*

im sick of all this cold weather talk... lets play some g*ddamn football.
I agree! if we can't win in a cold weather game then we might as well go home because the Super Bowl will probably be in horrible conditions as well, and it doesn't matter if we loose now or lose then. If the winner of this game can make it to the Super Bowl they will have one heck of a dress rehearsal!
Originally posted by eastie:
Madden has forgotten more football than you'll ever know, and he STILL knows more than you today!

I have to agree, when there is any major issue the NFL asks his advice. His Raider teams should have won 2 or 3 more Super Bowls.
Share 49ersWebzone