There are 236 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
The first caller said that the Lions should go after Harbaugh, because the Lions job would be appealing to him. The 2nd called said that Greg Roman should be the lions top candidate because he has done such a great job with Kaepernick. The 3rd caller said the Lions should hire Singletary because the Lions need discipline.

So the first caller was Richard Sherman, the second was NC and the last was Mike Singletary. No news here! LOL!

Sorry NC...couldn't resist!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM ]
You would think that Roman is the second coming of Bill Walsh the way some of those Lions fans were talking. I was just cracking up.

If they think fiddle-farting around before the snap will help their offense, they can have it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Per @COUGFANcom, Paul Wulff departing 49ers for Central Florida OC job http://sbn.to/1a100G1
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Roman is as good as gone. Just need to figure out who his replacement will be.

This.

Who are some possible candidates to replace him?
Originally posted by Jcool:

Per @COUGFANcom, Paul Wulff departing 49ers for Central Florida OC job http://sbn.to/1a100G1

sigh, well there goes the wulff pack
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
It almost looks to me like he is tanking the team in red zone on purpose. I don't blame him for wanting a HC job and more money for his family but I am not very impressed with his play calling at times. Terrible play calls once inside the 20 and even worse inside the 10. I don't think losing G RO would be that disasterous. Don't let the door hit ya on on the tookis the way out coach.

Seriously? Tanking in the Red Zone on purpose? OK Sherlock, explain the motive.

Does it look like he is calling plays to score in the RZ? I'm sure it is just his crappy play calling in the RZ but I know he wants to get a new job and playoff games are hindering that effort. Call me crazy hahahahaha.
i am the king of the roman haters club but he is not tanking,, he is just f**king stupid and his history of red zone retardness (made that up) goes back to the super bowl
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The first caller said that the Lions should go after Harbaugh, because the Lions job would be appealing to him. The 2nd called said that Greg Roman should be the lions top candidate because he has done such a great job with Kaepernick. The 3rd caller said the Lions should hire Singletary because the Lions need discipline.

So the first caller was Richard Sherman, the second was NC and the last was Mike Singletary. No news here! LOL!

Sorry NC...couldn't resist!

Hahaha. Nice! Actually cc and Pheonix beat me and I had speed-dial set up!
Originally posted by crabman82:

Who are these ppl we are losing? Seriously.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Roman is as good as gone. Just need to figure out who his replacement will be.

This.

Who are some possible candidates to replace him?

Yeah, we better set up a list over in the Roman thread b/c it's inevitable at this juncture.
Looks like some particularly vociference Roman detractors are going to get their wish. Not me; I quite like Roman. Very intelligent and a student of the game. It'll be difficult to find areplacement as good.
It's been reported before: The Niners game plans are schemed by committee. Roman handles the ground game and does rather well with that. Chryst and Morton work with the passing gameand that has been at the root of many complaints. The scheme is also constrained by the ability of the players to execute; a fact that is also not appreciated enough.
Anyway there's speculation that Chyrst may replace Roman, if the latter were to leave. To me that's a downgrade at the position. If Roman does leave, I hope that the team brings in sme outside blood. A fresh look at things if done right often enhances the product. Mangini was supposed to have contributed in this regard this season. Obviously not enough for some fans. Whose to say they're not right.
BTW isn't there also talk that Mangini may be in consideration for the Dolphins GM job?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

One reason Tom Gamble would be so attractive to Miami? Stephen Ross still has eyes for Jim Harbaugh:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24402422/dolphins-interest-in-gamble-as-gm-really-another-play-for-jim-harbaugh
Originally posted by NCommand:

never heard of him lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wulff is the former Washington State coach prior to Mike Leach. We hired him after he was fired to help as an offensive assistant. Glad to see we've rehabbed a coach's image enough to get him an OC position at a decent program.

I've been waiting for the same thing to happen with Jim Leavitt, who coincidently was fired from being HC of Central Florida for allegedly abusing a player. However he is clearly on top of his game as our LB coach, working with our LBs in conjunction with Fangio.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Wulff is the former Washington State coach prior to Mike Leach. We hired him after he was fired to help as an offensive assistant. Glad to see we've rehabbed a coach's image enough to get him an OC position at a decent program.

I've been waiting for the same thing to happen with Jim Leavitt, who coincidently was fired from being HC of Central Florida for allegedly abusing a player. However he is clearly on top of his game as our LB coach, working with our LBs in conjunction with Fangio.

Yeah, Leavitt can stay forever too, along with Tomsula.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

One reason Tom Gamble would be so attractive to Miami? Stephen Ross still has eyes for Jim Harbaugh:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24402422/dolphins-interest-in-gamble-as-gm-really-another-play-for-jim-harbaugh
LaCanfora is such a joke. lol
Share 49ersWebzone