There are 151 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Carroll was an NFL head coach previously, Harbaugh coached in the NFL before and Kelly is just an exception to the rule.

It's just his first year. I would give him more time to fail.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by socalniner:
I think with the success Harbs, Carroll and Kelly have had coming from college, it makes more sense to bring in someone fresh from the college ranks then a coordinator with no head coaching experience.

Carroll was an NFL head coach previously, Harbaugh coached in the NFL before and Kelly is just an exception to the rule.

Touche. But Nick Saban also was an NFL coach (on Bill Belichek's staff in Cleveland). I think if he was on another team it might have worked. He didn't fail miserably. A 9-7 and a 7-9 season. I doubt he comes back to the NFL, but I believe he could've made it. The reality is though, look at Miami. No one has succeeded there in years.
I promise you guys. this is not a joke. I live in Michigan and they were talking about the Lions coaching vacancy on sports talk radio. The topic was "should wait on hiring a coach so we can go after Harbaugh. The rumor is that he is having issues with the front office." The first caller said that the Lions should go after Harbaugh, because the Lions job would be appealing to him. The 2nd called said that Greg Roman should be the lions top candidate because he has done such a great job with Kaepernick. The 3rd caller said the Lions should hire Singletary because the Lions need discipline. There were a few more callers that also said Singletary So, not only do the Lion fans think they have a chance at Harbaugh, but some also want Singletary
Roman is as good as gone. Just need to figure out who his replacement will be.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
I promise you guys. this is not a joke. I live in Michigan and they were talking about the Lions coaching vacancy on sports talk radio. The topic was "should wait on hiring a coach so we can go after Harbaugh. The rumor is that he is having issues with the front office." The first caller said that the Lions should go after Harbaugh, because the Lions job would be appealing to him. The 2nd called said that Greg Roman should be the lions top candidate because he has done such a great job with Kaepernick. The 3rd caller said the Lions should hire Singletary because the Lions need discipline. There were a few more callers that also said Singletary So, not only do the Lion fans think they have a chance at Harbaugh, but some also want Singletary

Awesome. They have Niner-envy!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
they want roman and or singletary? that is setting the bar low

LMFAO!!!! Such crap. Harbs is not going anywhere and if he went to the great state of Michigan it wouldn't be to coach an NFL team. It would be the Wolverines job. Geese such nonsense

Ha Ha, I can see why they'd want Harbaugh but shame on them for actually believing the initial story and then not paying attention when York, Baalke, and Harbaugh all said it was nonsense. As to wanting Singletary? LOL. That is just nuts.

I didn't realize that rooting for a losing franchise caused loss of brain cells.

LOL at the thought of landing Harbaugh. These fans are probably the same ones that b***hed about him after the whole handshake fiasco.
Singletary lol. He's going to go work under DC Leslie Frazier to Tampa Bay I'm sure! He's topped out as a LB coach from here on out at least on the NFL level. He might be able to land a Division 2 College HC job at best.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Jan 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM ]

Originally posted by cciowa:
they want roman and or singletary? that is setting the bar low

You would think that Roman is the second coming of Bill Walsh the way some of those Lions fans were talking. I was just cracking up.
Man I wish that there was a way they could keep all this stuff from happening after the playoffs. I know they can't, there is no way to keep someone who is unemployed now from going in first and thus it would penalize the guys in the playoffs, but the last thing I want the OC thinking about is how he is going to use Adrian Peterson next year when he should be figuring out the Carolina D.
It almost looks to me like he is tanking the team in red zone on purpose. I don't blame him for wanting a HC job and more money for his family but I am not very impressed with his play calling at times. Terrible play calls once inside the 20 and even worse inside the 20. I don't think losing G RO would be that disasterous. Don't let the door hit ya on on the tookis the way out coach.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
It almost looks to me like he is tanking the team in red zone on purpose. I don't blame him for wanting a HC job and more money for his family but I am not very impressed with his play calling at times. Terrible play calls once inside the 20 and even worse inside the 20. I don't think losing G RO would be that disasterous. Don't let the door hit ya on on the tookis the way out coach.

Seriously? Tanking in the Red Zone on purpose? OK Sherlock, explain the motive.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
It almost looks to me like he is tanking the team in red zone on purpose. I don't blame him for wanting a HC job and more money for his family but I am not very impressed with his play calling at times. Terrible play calls once inside the 20 and even worse inside the 10. I don't think losing G RO would be that disasterous. Don't let the door hit ya on on the tookis the way out coach.

Seriously? Tanking in the Red Zone on purpose? OK Sherlock, explain the motive.

Does it look like he is calling plays to score in the RZ? I'm sure it is just his crappy play calling in the RZ but I know he wants to get a new job and playoff games are hindering that effort. Call me crazy hahahahaha.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Jan 7, 2014 at 1:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone