LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Redskins request permission to interview SF DC Vic Fangio. Redskins, Vikes request interviews w/ SF OC Greg Roman, as @AlbertBreer reported.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Redskins request permission to interview SF DC Vic Fangio. Redskins, Vikes request interviews w/ SF OC Greg Roman, as @AlbertBreer reported.

I'll post what I put in the other thread.

He's not going anywhere, f**king Redskins are trying to interview ERRRYBODY. They are trying to setup interviews with the OC's and DC's of like 4 different teams, particularly Gruden and Zimmer of Cincy, Roman and Fangio, James Franklin of Vanderbilt, Perry Fewell of the Giants, Pat Shurmur of the Iggles and more. They're tossing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. In the end, they're going to go with someone offensive-oriented and QB friendly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Been saying for a long time Roman and Fangio not only SF assistants in line for HC interviews. DL coach Jim Tosmula drawing interest also...

Texans were interested in Tomsula, but didn't wait. Titans/Vikes also researching him. At least 1 interview scheduled
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 6, 2014 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's not going anywhere, f**king Redskins are trying to interview ERRRYBODY. They are trying to setup interviews with the OC's and DC's of like 4 different teams, particularly Gruden and Zimmer of Cincy, Roman and Fangio, James Franklin of Vanderbilt, Perry Fewell of the Giants, Pat Shurmur of the Iggles and more. They're tossing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. In the end, they're going to go with someone offensive-oriented and QB friendly.

It seems they are trying anything, but the Greg Roman interview does make sense. The better Colin Kaepernick and the offense looks in these playoffs, the more likely Washington will wait. Especially as other teams fill their positions, it really could end up being Roman's job to lose.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Here is Washington's current power structure.

1. Dan Snyder--owner
2. Robert Griffin--QB
3. Bruce Allen--GM

Who wants to coach there?

edit: just read this article--it dovetails with my point

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-rgiii-bragged-teammates-could-influence-redskins-owner-161913377--nfl.html
[ Edited by buck on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM ]
  • JD81
  • Veteran
@ChrisBiderman 45s
Can verify Greg Roman did not travel back from Green Bay with the team in order to interview for a head coaching position. #49ers
Surprised Donatell hasn't been mentioned. I still think if Roman leaves he would take Donatell with him as DC.
We need Seattle to lose this weekend, so Bevell and Quinn can get snatched up, and our staff can be left the hell alone.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/7/5284290/greg-roman-rumors-vikings-browns-lions-head-coach-rumors-49ers
I think with the success Harbs, Carroll and Kelly have had coming from college, it makes more sense to bring in someone fresh from the college ranks then a coordinator with no head coaching experience.

Originally posted by socalniner:
I think with the success Harbs, Carroll and Kelly have had coming from college, it makes more sense to bring in someone fresh from the college ranks then a coordinator with no head coaching experience.

Carroll was an NFL head coach previously, Harbaugh coached in the NFL before and Kelly is just an exception to the rule.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
this guy already sucks at play calling and he's now gonna be distracted by the coaching interviews.
Washington is interviewing everybody because it's the worst coaching situation in the NFL.

Roman would look good in purple & gold.

Did Detroit hire anyone yet?
Originally posted by susweel:
this guy already sucks at play calling and he's now gonna be distracted by the coaching interviews.

this....

is this going to f**k us lol
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Washington is interviewing everybody because it's the worst coaching situation in the NFL.

Roman would look good in purple & gold.

Did Detroit hire anyone yet?

not gold, it's yellow.
Share 49ersWebzone