LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Good point. This probably sounds stupid but if his Minny interview goes really well and he checks off all the boxes, they fall in love with him, etc. should we hope to lose tomorrow so we get rid of him right away or does that not even matter cuz they would wait up to another 3 weeks if he really was their guy? I can't believe I even suggested hoping to lose only for that reason. Wanting to get rid of GRo is not worth a real chance at #6. Anyway, it's quite a conundrum.

Who the fucc hopes for their team to lose in the playoffs while so close to another NFCCG and SB just so we can get rid of our OC? It's not easy to get to the playoffs.

If we lose tomorrow all blame goes to Roman and this distraction.
I'll never really understand why so many are excited to see Greg Roman go. From 2004-2010 the 49ers ranked 18th-32nd in points scored. They only got to 18th once and the rest of the time they were in the mid-20s to 30s. Three years with Harbaugh and Roman and they've always been 11th in points scored. Sure their yards have been 26th, 11th, 24th... but there will be hiccups at times when you are installing a new offense and making QB switches. I get being upset at the cutesy plays that he likes to run in the redzone that kill drives when they fail and some of the bad calls... everyone hates to see that stuff.

But don't forget one thing, he also deserves his fair share of recognition for plays that work and plays that score TDs. He is the one calling the read-option or QB keepers that Kap makes big plays on. He is the one helping Gore and the running game carry the offense and close out games. I have no idea how much influence he has on the passing game, but I have to believe he has some input as the OC despite those reports and rumors that all he does is the running game. It is silly to put all the blame on Roman when things don't work but then say he had nothing to do with successful drives. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I bet most of the people who do that to Roman are the ones who blamed Smith for the failures and then when he did score said it had nothing to do with him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

um no.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Didn't we beat all NFC North teams in 2012 except the Vikes.... that might be in Roman's favor. Roman knows the other teams well once he's with the Vikes.

Good point. This probably sounds stupid but if his Minny interview goes really well and he checks off all the boxes, they fall in love with him, etc. should we hope to lose tomorrow so we get rid of him right away or does that not even matter cuz they would wait up to another 3 weeks if he really was their guy? I can't believe I even suggested hoping to lose only for that reason. Wanting to get rid of GRo is not worth a real chance at #6. Anyway, it's quite a conundrum.

WTF are you talking about? Why on earth would there be any situation thatd be want to lose this game? It makes no sense.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Who the fucc hopes for their team to lose in the playoffs while so close to another NFCCG and SB just so we can get rid of our OC? It's not easy to get to the playoffs.

Wow that was one if not the most stupidest s**t I heard, hoping your team to lose in the playoffs just to get rid of someone. Got damn the things people come up with leading to games during the week. From the should we trade harbaugh to this it's been a long week
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by verb1der:

um no.

If Kaep does bad, that's the excuse I'll use, lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by bigmur49:

I am so confused by what you are saying here. Hope to lose so that we can get rid of the OC??

No I don't actually hope that we lose. It was more hypothetical.

Which losing would have no impact on them hiring him. If he is the guy they won't care if we win tomorrow, next week, or in the SB. If anything they would like it more for us to win out then they could say we hired a HC who has been to the post season 3 years in a row, the SB once (or twice god willing!)

They will care because it will be harder for him to get assistant coaches.

Why they already like Tomsula, there is your HC and DC in 1 fell swoop. Hell maybe he'll take Chryst as the OC. They could completely raid our organization for all 3 jobs unless we block them from interviewing someone for OC.

Their assistant coaches are still employed, presumably until the new HC decides who, if anybody, he wants to keep. Maybe they like somebody on their staff for an OC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

49ers gave Redskins two choices for days to interview their OC and DC: Thursday in SF or Saturday in Carolina. Redskins chose Thursday.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

49ers gave Redskins two choices for days to interview their OC and DC: Thursday in SF or Saturday in Carolina. Redskins chose Thursday.

@AdamSchefter 49ers not happy Greg Roman and Vic Fangio prepared for Redskins HC interviews Thursday and Wash never cancelled before hiring Jay Gruden.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
MarkMaske ‏@MarkMaske

Redskins say they never scheduled interviews with 49ers coordinators... http://wapo.st/1hdtFxE
As if we didn't know this just further illustrates the dysfunction of the Redskins. They never informed our coaching staff that Gruden would be hired before said hiring took place the same day that Roman & Fangio were scheduled for interviews. They should've received the courtesy from Washington to cancel these interviews once they chose Gruden instead of wasting the 49er assts. valuable time prepping for interviews that would never happen. Needless to say Niner coaches were quite pissed at such unprofessional business dealings. What a stupid amateur, Mickey Mouse franchise.
As if we didn't know this just further illustrates the dysfunction of the Redskins. They never informed our coaching staff that Gruden would be hired before said hiring took place the same day that Roman & Fangio were scheduled for interviews. They should've received the courtesy from Washington to cancel these interviews once they chose Gruden instead of wasting the 49er assts. valuable time prepping for interviews that would never happen. Needless to say Niner coaches were quite pissed at such unprofessional business dealings. What a stupid amateur, Mickey Mouse franchise.

Update - the Deadskins claim no interviews were ever scheduled for Roman/Fangio on Thursday and so no harm done. A "source" from the 49ers said they're not aware of any displeasure within the orginization. Sounds like the Deadskins' left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
I dont want Tomsula on the list to be interviewed
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

While he hasn't been scheduled for a 2nd interview, word is that #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula interviewed well for the #Vikings HC job.
Share 49ersWebzone