There are 172 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Coaching Staff Changes Watch

Wake UP!

If he did interview the day before he definitely ask JH for permission to do so.

I'll be happy when [if] he goes but these things aren't done in secret.
1. He should be with the team, not interviewing for other jobs. Yes, he's being interviewed in Carolina, and he's probably "with the team" but I still think it's an inappropriate time for interviews.

2. Teams still in the playoffs should not be allowed to let any staff interview for other jobs. Our staffs job is to focus on Carolina 100% and get the job done tomorrow.

3. We better come out prepared and beat these guys.
It's a matter of time until Tomsula becomes a DC in the NFL or college. The guy has head coaching experience, only a matter of time until he moves up the food chain. Harbaugh was smart enough to see the value in tomsula to begin with, he probably has another tomsula available if tomsula leaves.
Just wishful thinking that Roman finds a HC gig...
All Roman would be doing today is ordering room service anyway. This is no big deal at all. Cripes, the things people obsess on is amazing.
nfl needs to do somthing bout these teams interviewing coaches in the middle of the playoffs, this is b******t
Didn't we beat all NFC North teams in 2012 except the Vikes.... that might be in Roman's favor. Roman knows the other teams well once he's with the Vikes.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 11, 2014 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Didn't we beat all NFC North teams in 2012 except the Vikes.... that might be in Roman's favor. Roman knows the other teams well once he's with the Vikes.

Good point. This probably sounds stupid but if his Minny interview goes really well and he checks off all the boxes, they fall in love with him, etc. should we hope to lose tomorrow so we get rid of him right away or does that not even matter cuz they would wait up to another 3 weeks if he really was their guy? I can't believe I even suggested hoping to lose only for that reason. Wanting to get rid of GRo is not worth a real chance at #6. Anyway, it's quite a conundrum.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Good point. This probably sounds stupid but if his Minny interview goes really well and he checks off all the boxes, they fall in love with him, etc. should we hope to lose tomorrow so we get rid of him right away or does that not even matter cuz they would wait up to another 3 weeks if he really was their guy? I can't believe I even suggested hoping to lose only for that reason. Wanting to get rid of GRo is not worth a real chance at #6. Anyway, it's quite a conundrum.

The Vikes has more to lose. If we exit early then the Vikes gets Roman on the cheap. If we go on to become SB winner, I would think Roman's value as a SB winning OC goes up in value. And other teams may changed their mind and go after Roman also. Right now it seems like the Vikes is the only one interested in Roman. Not sure how the Vikes will lock up Roman from now to the SB if they really want him ....
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM ]

I am so confused by what you are saying here. Hope to lose so that we can get rid of the OC??

Originally posted by bigmur49:

I am so confused by what you are saying here. Hope to lose so that we can get rid of the OC??

No I don't actually hope that we lose. It was more hypothetical.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Which losing would have no impact on them hiring him. If he is the guy they won't care if we win tomorrow, next week, or in the SB. If anything they would like it more for us to win out then they could say we hired a HC who has been to the post season 3 years in a row, the SB once (or twice god willing!)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Which losing would have no impact on them hiring him. If he is the guy they won't care if we win tomorrow, next week, or in the SB. If anything they would like it more for us to win out then they could say we hired a HC who has been to the post season 3 years in a row, the SB once (or twice god willing!)

They will care because it will be harder for him to get assistant coaches.
It annoys me that teams are allowed to interview coaches who are in the playoffs. Just make everyone wait until the day after the Super Bowl.

They say its not a distraction, but how could it not be? Theyre contemplating a major life change. More money, more responsibility, new city, moving their family, etc. how could that not distract you in the middle of a highly important playoff week? 100% of the focus should be on this game.

Roman stayed back in GB on a Monday for an interview, which is even worse, because most of the coaches' game prep comes on Monday and Tuesday. Usually theyll wait until later in the week.

Who the fucc hopes for their team to lose in the playoffs while so close to another NFCCG and SB just so we can get rid of our OC? It's not easy to get to the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone