LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Which 49ers have impressed you the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Bowman.
kaep, all pro in my book
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If I had to pick one all-around stud that I basically never had a problem with, it would have to be Bowman. I think he had two bad plays all season...I only remember them because they were that rare.
TJE
Boldin
Brock
Bowman

The always guys

Gore
Justin Smith
Vernon Davis
Say what you want with how Kaep has played this year, but he's a tough SOB. He's taken alot of criticism but has shown very thick skin. Even with this stepback year he's got higher QB rating than:

Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Alex Smith
Jay Cutler
Tom Brady
Andrew Luck
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
RG 3
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

This is a nice list of QB's. Some of these QB's on the list has 10 + years of experience !!!

As for ESPN's QBR rating, it gets even better for Kaep. This ESPN QBR rating puts alot of emphasis on 3rd down results, pivotal positions when the game is undecided and includes rushing stats as well. Anyways, Kaep has a higher QBR rating than:

Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Tony Romo
Andy Dalton
Ben Roethlisberger
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Alex Smith
Jay Cutler
Tom Brady
Andrew Luck
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
RG 3
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Pretty impressive for a young QB imo. Although Kaep is going through a learning curve in his 1st full season, he's led the team to a 11-4 record so far while missing key receivers throughout the year. He's gotten better with reading defenses. He's shown something new as he gets more playing time. He's grown alot since the beginning of the year. Now imagine how Kaep will be performing in years 4,5,6, etc... down the line.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:36 PM ]
TJE, Dorsey, Reid, Skuta, Brock.
Forgot to add Special teams to my list, they have improved greatly from last year coverage, return and kicking has all improved.

Andy Lee is solid as always and a shout out to Kevin McDermott, havent heard his name mentioned all year, which means he's killin it as the LS.
Brock
Reid
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Say what you want with how Kaep has played this year, but he's a tough SOB. He's taken alot of criticism but has shown very thick skin. Even with this stepback year he's got higher QB rating than:

Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Alex Smith
Jay Cutler
Tom Brady
Andrew Luck
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
RG 3
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

This is a nice list of QB's. Some of these QB's on the list has 10 + years of experience !!!

As for ESPN's QBR rating, it gets even better for Kaep. This ESPN QBR rating puts alot of emphasis on 3rd down results, pivotal positions when the game is undecided and includes rushing stats as well. Anyways, Kaep has a higher QBR rating than:

Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Tony Romo
Andy Dalton
Ben Roethlisberger
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Alex Smith
Jay Cutler
Tom Brady
Andrew Luck
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
RG 3
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Pretty impressive for a young QB imo. Although Kaep is going through a learning curve in his 1st full season, he's led the team to a 11-4 record so far while missing key receivers throughout the year. He's gotten better with reading defenses. He's shown something new as he gets more playing time. He's grown alot since the beginning of the year. Now imagine how Kaep will be performing in years 4,5,6, etc... down the line.
Great find. Good job

Our secondary as a whole is playing a lot better than last year and that's without as much pass rush so it says a lot more for our db play
Reid, Osgood, Bowman, Boldin, V Davis and Dawson.
  • dara
  • Veteran
Navarro bowman might have been the best player on the team this season

Reid has been impressive also, he doesn't look like a rookie out there. Remember when Taylor Mays got playing time? Reid looks like a vet
[ Edited by dara on Dec 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM ]
Mr. Boldin!!! He is one tough sob and his play speaks for itself. He loves to get down, dirty and physical. He embraces that type of play and excels in it. He is and has been more then I ever hoped for at this stage in his career. He has been an absolute beast and one of the top WRs in the NFL at age 33. I am thoroughly impressed with him and his play. Absolute beast who has not only been great on the field but just as importantly in the locker room. He has brought even more swagger and toughness to this already talented team.

Free agent signing of the year! Without Boldin im not sure we would even be in the playoff picture...
I have been really impressed with Eric Reid rookie season. I was really worried about there being a really big drop off at the safety position Goldson leaving to go to Tampa but there has been no noticeable drop off at that position at all.
Share 49ersWebzone