LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Which 49ers have impressed you the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since there was another thread about who has been most disappointing, felt like we should have this thread as well. Here are the players that have impressed me the most..

Michael Crabtree- I don't think he has his top speed back yet, but wow did he recover fast. Who would have thought he would have this kind of impact already for us and be back close to normal. We are a whole different offense with him.

Anquan Boldin- Dude is a man out there. Enough said.

Eric Reid- Finally had a bad game against the Falcons, but has been fantastic for a rookie defensive back. First time he was beaten deep in week 16. That's great for any safety, let alone a rookie.

Donte Whitner- He went from being complete ASS s**t in coverage last year (large reason we lost superbowl imo) to being very good in coverage this year. I think he's had the best year of his career in my opinion and has been one of the best strong safeties in the league.

Frank Gore- 30 years old and playing like he's 25. Still has that great burst and amazing cuts.

Phil Dawson- Has been clutch and money all year.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Dec 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
The undrafted players:

Brock
Jerod-Eddie
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Since there was another thread about who has been most disappointing, felt like we should have this thread as well. Here are the players that have impressed me the most..

Michael Crabtree- I don't think he has his top speed back yet, but wow did he recover fast. Who would have thought he would have this kind of impact already for us and be back close to normal. We are a whole different offense with him.

Anquan Boldin- Dude is a man out there. Enough said.

Eric Reid- Finally had a bad game against the Falcons, but has been fantastic for a rookie defensive back. First time he was beaten deep in week 16. That's great for any safety, let alone a rookie.

Donte Whitner- He went from being complete ASS s**t in coverage last year (large reason we lost superbowl imo) to being very good in coverage this year. I think he's had the best year of his career in my opinion and has been one of the best strong safeties in the league.

Frank Gore- 30 years old and playing like he's 25. Still has that great burst and amazing cuts.

Phil Dawson- Has been clutch and money all year.

But that was an all pro throw. Brock was toasted too.
Originally posted by fryet:
The undrafted players:

Brock
Jerod-Eddie

This. I honestly thought we were done on the defensive line and everyone would run the ball down our throats when Glenn Dorsey got hurt. But Tony Jerod-Eddie stepped up nicely and over the course of the season, we are still a top 5 rated run D.

After that, although he was received many accolades Vernon Davis is having an unbelievable season. Based on the opportunities he gets compared to the other top tier TEs and for him to still have 12 TDs on the season and average a ridiculous 16 yards per catch, it's a fantastic accomplishment. Vernon Davis has become everything we would've wanted him to become.

My final one is Donte Whitner. He went from the outhouse to the penthouse (sort of...he still has some detractors around here).
Donte Whitner has only been impressive to idiots that don't understand how good and talented he is and always has been.
  • Jiks
Donte Whitner
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Donte Whitner has only been impressive to idiots that don't understand how good and talented he is and always has been.

Lol I guess I, along with many others are idiots then. I also guess whitner has always been impressive..
T Brock
BOWFLEX
Tree
Hitner
Gore (!)
TJE
Dixon
Eric Reid
Dorsey
Brooks
Surprised no one's mentioning PWilly. Despite the nagging groin injury, he has quietly put together a solid season.
Jim, for his pimpin dance moves!

Eric Reid - Had his worst game of the season last week, but he is still far and away the best surprise for the team this year.
Boldin - Has been super critical for us during the Crabtree absence.
TJE - We needed him BADLY, and he delivered the goods.
Phil Dawson - Was flubbing some kicks early on, but has been rock solid ever since.
Brock - Starting quality corner, who can make plays.
Bowman - Had nowhere to go but down, but somehow, he keeps going up.
Crabtree - Has come back with fire and brimstone at the perfect time.
Kap - Has learned to manage games when necessary, and has also managed to be just as efficient as last year despite missing weapons.
Skuta - Did an admirable job during Aldon's absence.
Tukuafu - Walks in off the street and throws difference making blocks.

Other players have been good, but nothing else is surprising to me.
Brock and Reid.
Eric Reid, Brock and Dorsey for me.
Reid- I knew he would be good ONE DAY, but not DAY ONE.
Brock- I would have slapped you if you told me during the pre-season he would cost Nnamdi his job.
TJE- Ballllleeeerrrrr!!!
Osgood- Special Teams Jesus... (expect for that one play vs. NO, lol)
Bowman.

For being as great as he is, he doesn't seem to receive the recognition he deserves.
Share 49ersWebzone