LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

If Roman leaves..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really don't see where he's going. No team is hiring him based off the performances of this offense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
his replacement must be someone who has no ego to bruise because that person has to know JH is the head of the rattlesnake. that is why i have no issue bringing back norv turner,,, if his philosophy jives with JH. i would like to see someone mentor rathman who i think would be a good OC some day
  • Veteran
I want Marty Mornhinweg.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
I want Marty Mornhinweg.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I really don't see where he's going. No team is hiring him based off the performances of this offense.
he would be hired off the coattails of JH. when the team who gets him realizes what he really is, that is their problem
Whats wrong with Marty?
Joe Mantegna
Originally posted by cciowa:
his replacement must be someone who has no ego to bruise because that person has to know JH is the head of the rattlesnake. that is why i have no issue bringing back norv turner,,, if his philosophy jives with JH. i would like to see someone mentor rathman who i think would be a good OC some day

It's getting late for Rathman. He's already 51, 10 years older than Roman. Most guys in these roles around the league became coordinators by the time they were 40.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by cciowa:

It's getting late for Rathman. He's already 51, 10 years older than Roman. Most guys in these roles around the league became coordinators by the time they were 40.
ok, maybe he is just one of those guys just content with being a running backs coach. a rare example of a great player who has made a very very good coach
Rick Dennison, once Houston's coaching staff gets gutted. Or, Gary Kubiak assuming he wants to be an OC (and is healthy enough).

This season aside, the Texans have been pretty good on offense for awhile. Strong running game, plenty of looks for the TE's, with some downfield passing sprinkled in. I think either one would do wonders for Kap's development and our passing game as a whole.

Tom Rathman
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Tom Rathman

poster james gave a good comment about tom a few postings up when i brought this up
Originally posted by lamontb:

We thought the same about McCarthy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritchie:
Joe Mantegna

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 228niner:
yea I remember reading somewhere that Roman calls mainly running plays

Quite possibly the goofiest misconception ever. Roman makes all the playcalls, Harbour relays them.

Garcia was on KNBR a few weeks back and indicated they had 3 different guys who called 3 different sets of plays (run, pass etc)
Share 49ersWebzone