LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

the whitner/jackson hit writes the nfl's obituary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Originally posted by SFsFinest:
I think its pretty clear at this point that the NFL does not want "BIG HITS" any longer; legal or not.

Yup...with one caveat...the offensive players can obliterated defensive players whenever they want...
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Even if it's a legal hit, if it looks bad or sounds bad they'll throw the flag every time. The refs are afraid of being downgraded and the NFL has become pu**ified. Terrible call and the league won't give two craps as long as seats are full and merchandise is bought. Goodell is a scumbag.

The former players are also to blame. There is a war behind the scenes that the league is waging. Whitner should tell former players suing the league to simply go away...if former players were too damn stupid to realize that hits and concussions were hurting their brains they deserve what they got. People need to take responsibility for their own actions. The rules never would have changed without former players suing the league.
big hits arent even the main problem of cte, its repeated blows to the head
I think its pretty clear at this point that the NFL does not want "BIG HITS" any longer; legal or not.

Has anyone notice how they have stopped showing them as "highlights"?
Originally posted by zillabeast:
As long as we keep winning all the Super Bowls

I don't mind

*s from 2011 on
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

That is all ESPN used to show in every highlight as much as possible. Now they won't show any at all on there.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

That is all ESPN used to show in every highlight as much as possible. Now they won't show any at all on there.

Yep. They used to gave the "jacked up" segment. Id be willing to bet that was one of the most-watched segments in sports.

Originally posted by bigwads:

Yup...with one caveat...the offensive players can obliterated defensive players whenever they want...

yup. They don't want big hits on anyone.
What if the Whitner hit on Peirre Thomas was deemed illegal? I would have lost my sht
Originally posted by bigwads:
The former players are also to blame. There is a war behind the scenes that the league is waging. Whitner should tell former players suing the league to simply go away...if former players were too damn stupid to realize that hits and concussions were hurting their brains they deserve what they got. People need to take responsibility for their own actions. The rules never would have changed without former players suing the league.

That's not what the former players are suing for. They are suing because back when these guys played, there was not concussion treatment. The diagnosis was not even called a concussion; it was called "having your bell rung" which, if you think about it, a concussion is when the brain bangs off the inside of the skull, like when the clapper inside a bell hits the sides of it to make it "ring". And the treatment for having your "bell rung" was sniffing ammonia inside a tiny glass tube aka "smelling salts" to bring you out of the dizziness you were suffering from to get you back on the field. That is what the suit is about: The lack of medical attention to the concussion.
Its not even about safety anymore. Its about the NFL reacting to losing that money to the former players' lawsuit.

The NFL is becoming one of the greediest corporations in the country. They were willing to go on strike over the billions they make, they were willing to degrade their product by using replacement refs, they were willing to put the Super Bowl in horrible conditions, they are now willing to take away hitting from a game thats built around violence, and are now willing to move to an 18 game season with more Thursday games.

At this rate, they will kill the golden goose in the coming years.
Yea this is on the league more than the refs in my opininon. They refs are being told to throw these flags
Share 49ersWebzone