LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Do you have confidence in Dixon moving to FB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you have confidence in Dixon moving to FB?

He should do ok there. But Miller is better. Dixon is not terrible at that position though. He's a more natural "big RB" than a FB for some strange reason. Although you would think with his size he would be a more natural FB. But if he wants to hit the field and get more playing time we need him at FB. He says he wants to play more. So fill the need we have. I think he can do it. He's pretty good. It's probably some dropoff but I don't think it's going to be huge. I think we can weather it. His running skills are actually pretty good. He can be a pretty good blocker.
Big Dix always does the job!
Miller was a huge loss, but I'm excited to see Dixon. I think his ability as a ball carrier should be fun to watch in our passing game.
Dixon is a gamer and has done well with whatever has been asked of him. I think he will fill in fine and I'm going to be sorry to see him go this offseason.
All hail boobie

Maybe we will run more 3 WR sets and leave Boobie out.

With our O-Line we should still be able to run with out a FB. May be easier Bc there are less players in the box
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
All hail boobie

I love boobie's.
What if Dixon is so good that Bruce never gets his job back! Never say never!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by spizzy:

The only thing I don't like about Miller is he's really slow. Dixon adds much needed speed to the position.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by spizzy:

The only thing I don't like about Miller is he's really slow. Dixon adds much needed speed to the position.

Not to mention the energy to the team he brings which I think is underrated

Originally posted by eamjr10:
Dixon has been able to step up and give 100% in any role he has been given on this team, I think he will be able to adjust to FB and make an impact.

This.
If used properly he could do some, not all but some, of the things Marcel Reese does for the Raiders in creating mismatches. In doing that, he could also be a key contributor in any future games against Seattle during the postseason.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Dixon has been able to step up and give 100% in any role he has been given on this team, I think he will be able to adjust to FB and make an impact.

I have to admit that I used to just be annoyed by the guys lame twitter and scatback running when he is a banger. Yet, over the last two years he has shown to be a hard worker who does whatever he needs to do to help the team. He loves football and loves the 49ers and I hope he can step in and contribute as much as he does. The guy just wants to play and now he has an opportunity. Will he be successful? I don't know. But I do know he will bust his a$$ trying.
can he catch? The only pass I saw him thrown at was dropped.
Boobie looks slow to me but I hope for the best. Otherwise, two spread backs, one Kendall Hunter,one Gore, Hunter on the wheel route out. Gore on the block then checkdown out.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
can he catch? The only pass I saw him thrown at was dropped.
Boobie looks slow to me but I hope for the best. Otherwise, two spread backs, one Kendall Hunter,one Gore, Hunter on the wheel route out. Gore on the block then checkdown out.

He slimed down this year to get faster...but no clue if he as hands
Share 49ersWebzone