LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
Never made it out there to a game but I'm going to miss it terribly. Watching Niners games on TV to me the Stick looked unlike any other stadium. The way the west coast sun shined over it and its funky shadows was signature to me. Classic games against the Packers Cowboys Rams and others just always looked special at Candlestick. Its one of my life's major disappointments that I'll never have had a chance to make it out there but I'll bid adieu just like any other fan would and should. We'll miss you Candlestick!

That makes two of us. Never got to to see any games there and I regret that.
family has had season tickets since Kezar but we are not renewing our tickets b/c of the seat licensing. We have seen some amazing games. Sad for it to end but happy to see the Niners playing good football
I'm not saying goodbye until the NFC championship
Been going there since the mid-70s...great memories, terrible neighborhood, sh***y stadium...Good Riddance.
This should also be a Goodbye San Francisco thread...gonna miss making that 10 minute drive from the house on Geneva, to Bayshore, then through little hollywood to get to our so-called dump of a stadium..also gonna suck driving up 101 and not seeing the 'Stick anymore So off to Santa Clara you go 49ers, won't get to see you every Sunday as I once did, but maybe a few instead..I'll be mad that you're in Santa Clara, but it's ok....because one day you'll be back in the city where you were born
There's still a small chance we host the championship game. Long shot, I know, but if we win out we are the 5th seed and Carolina(if they are the 6th) are more than capable of beating the 3 seed and have a puncher's chance of beating the Seahawks.
Has it been announced which 49er alumni will be showing up? I expect Steve Young at the minimum to be talking it up on MNF.
Had the pleasure of going to the stick dozens of times for Giants and Niners games growing up. No doubt it was a dump, but it was our dump. And it was a mysterious and magical dump. Watching Bonds hit homers into the Family Pavilion, Jerry rice catching TDs from Montana and Young, and watching Alex Smith checking the ball down to gore (jk) are some of my favorite family memories.

I moved to Dallas a few years ago, but I flew out in October for the Cards game. We sold our 2 seats and bought 4 so my whole family could go. we tailgated, my mom made tri tip sandwiches, and we cherished every minute of the game. I said my goodbyes then, but monday night will be rough.

My family will be in dallas for christmas, we are going to have tri-tip and garlic fries and watch the niner game at the stick one last time.
Living on the east coast I was only able to make it to 2 games at Candlestick, Packers in 2002 & Colts this year. Both were losses and I must say it's probably the worst stadium I've been to. With that said she still brought great memories. its gonna be weird not seeing them play at the Stick next year

Can you really miss the Stadium if you never been to a game before??

IDK to me unless u experience the glory of the Stick in person i dont think ppl saying in here they will miss it sounds legit

just sayin'
I was just there for the Seahawks game. It was my 4th time traveling up from Los Angeles for a game. What a dump that place is. Season ticket holders next to me were saying how they'll miss the stick but can't wait for the new one. I hear you're going to be able to order food and drinks from any seat and they'll bring it to you. That's great.
[ Edited by est1985 on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by est1985:
I was just there for the Seahawks game. It was my 4th time traveling up from Los Angeles for a game. What a dump that place is. Season ticket holders next to me were saying how they'll miss the stick but can't wait for the new one. I hear you're going to be able to order food and drinks from any seat and they'll bring it to you. That's great.

it's not a dump

and they wont bring you food unless your in a suite. You order it and then pick it up
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's not a dump

and they wont bring you food unless your in a suite. You order it and then pick it up

It IS a dump, and that's not up for debate. Bathrooms are trash, getting a drink is a mad house, getting in and out of the stadium is terrible. Stop living in denial.
Originally posted by est1985:

The new stadium is going to be better on so many levels, but even something so seemingly inconsequential as walking through the concourse areas is going to be a far superior "experience" at Santa Clara.
Share 49ersWebzone