LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Probably the best run in the history of team sports.

That would have to go the the Celtics, as much as I hate to admit it.

eh football is so much harder to be a dynasty, in my opinion.

Agreed. The parity of football is second-to-none.

The NBA is such a player-dominant league; Lebron, Kobe/Shaq, Jordan, Magic/Bird, Bill Russell, etc. all dominated their respective generation -- every other team played second fiddle.

Not a single team has even 3-peated in football, ever.

Than again, I'm biased
I still can't believe that it is time to say goodbye to the stick. Seems like only yesterday this news story broke
Originally posted by Raul98:
^^^ The problem with that is that access still would have sucked. That is the worst part about that place is the location and access by car. Lost weeks worth of time getting in and out of there.

Like Santa Clara will be any easier they cant even play Monday or Thursday night games there cause they cant figure out the traffic situation.

Exactly man, all you have to do is wait/have a couple beers in the lot after the game then you can drive right out of the Stick. The problem is when so many people jump in there cars and want to be the first one out, that's when you get yer jams. But hey, when 68k people come to an event you will always have a jam to get out, it's part of the event..

Damn I'm getting sadder an sadder..
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I still can't believe that it is time to say goodbye to the stick. Seems like only yesterday this news story broke

I remember when it opened to much fanfare and jubilation. And inside politics evidently. The highly touted hot water pipes in the concrete to heat the seats evidently never worked. Somebody didn't allow for the high tide water level. Wind whistled through until they sealed off one end. Still whistled through.

People died of heart attacks hiking up the hill to it.

I saw an auto race around the outside of the parking lot and back through the parking lot in front. Two drivers hit those giant boulders and were killed.

Saw McCovey hit a game winning home run late, late on a foggy night with a windchill factor or -23 or something, with perhaps 43 people left in the stands.

I was tailgating at a Niner game and the wind gusted and sent my burger bun mustard and mayo and catsup side sticking smack on a very expensive looking coat of a lady who was very nice about it.

Took my kids and one of their friends to a game and foolishly offered to pay for their burgers, garlic fries and beers as well. The second mortgage for that was paid off within a year or two.

I feel sorry for the local people who had jobs there, and the kids who would hustle parking spots. Always nice to me and my car was always safe. Hunter's Point is probably permanently screwed.

Feel bad actually that the new stadium was not built there, thanks to silly SF politics and maybe the Yorks. Still, of course the new stadium will be nice and closer to me.

Will miss the blimp shots of the Bay Area, but maybe the blimps will venture up there anyway. So scenic.

Its time is up, clearly. Wonder if it will be leveled, or just left to decay in the cold wind.
Originally posted by carlgo:
I remember when it opened to much fanfare and jubilation. And inside politics evidently. The highly touted hot water pipes in the concrete to heat the seats evidently never worked. Somebody didn't allow for the high tide water level. Wind whistled through until they sealed off one end. Still whistled through.

People died of heart attacks hiking up the hill to it.

I saw an auto race around the outside of the parking lot and back through the parking lot in front. Two drivers hit those giant boulders and were killed.

Saw McCovey hit a game winning home run late, late on a foggy night with a windchill factor or -23 or something, with perhaps 43 people left in the stands.

I was tailgating at a Niner game and the wind gusted and sent my burger bun mustard and mayo and catsup side sticking smack on a very expensive looking coat of a lady who was very nice about it.

Took my kids and one of their friends to a game and foolishly offered to pay for their burgers, garlic fries and beers as well. The second mortgage for that was paid off within a year or two.

I feel sorry for the local people who had jobs there, and the kids who would hustle parking spots. Always nice to me and my car was always safe. Hunter's Point is probably permanently screwed.

Feel bad actually that the new stadium was not built there, thanks to silly SF politics and maybe the Yorks. Still, of course the new stadium will be nice and closer to me.

Will miss the blimp shots of the Bay Area, but maybe the blimps will venture up there anyway. So scenic.

Its time is up, clearly. Wonder if it will be leveled, or just left to decay in the cold wind.

It is being leveled for condos.
^^^ The problem with that is that access still would have sucked. That is the worst part about that place is the location and access by car. Lost weeks worth of time getting in and out of there.

Like Santa Clara will be any easier they cant even play Monday or Thursday night games there cause they cant figure out the traffic situation.

No it's the parking situation NOT traffic situation.

Santa Clara will be 10 times easier to get in and out of the game regarding traffic.

Honestly I think the best route will be to drive to the Great Mall area and take the Light Rail Train that will stop u off right in front of Levi's Stadium
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Blow a big hole in in it and hope for oil to come out!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:

No it's the parking situation NOT traffic situation.

Santa Clara will be 10 times easier to get in and out of the game regarding traffic.

Honestly I think the best route will be to drive to the Great Mall area and take the Light Rail Train that will stop u off right in front of Levi's Stadium

Parking may be the real logistical problem but the reason for not hosting weeknight games in SC in 2014 is because of traffic. It is a far more residential area and they want to have real data to study regarding traffic even if it is on a Sunday.
Not the best stadium, but it will be missed. Does anyone actually have a photo of the Lee Woodall fumble return against the Bills in 1995? That was one of my favorite games. I know the video exists, and I actually have the full game but I can't find a photo on the internet at all.
[ Edited by Ness7891 on Dec 22, 2013 at 2:42 AM ]

Originally posted by Ness7891:
Not the best stadium, but it will be missed. Does anyone actually have a photo of the Lee Woodall fumble return against the Bills in 1995? That was one of my favorite games. I know the video exists, and I actually have the full game but I can't find a photo on the internet at all.

Gary Plummer laid hat!
  • Jiks

Anyone have the Stick stats? I saw it somewhere on Twitter this past week and can't find it again....
# of Championship games
# of probowlers, HOFers etc
Wins/losses
etc
etc
Saw Matt Williams hit his first home run at the stick.......Rice score on a 50 yard end around against the Falcons....good times
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Probably the best run in the history of team sports.

That would have to go the the Celtics, as much as I hate to admit it.

eh football is so much harder to be a dynasty, in my opinion.

Agreed. The parity of football is second-to-none.

The NBA is such a player-dominant league; Lebron, Kobe/Shaq, Jordan, Magic/Bird, Bill Russell, etc. all dominated their respective generation -- every other team played second fiddle.

Not a single team has even 3-peated in football, ever.

Than again, I'm biased

Montreal Canadiens, New York Yankees.
Share 49ersWebzone