Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
chris berman will be in the house as well

Epic!

Originally posted by jrg:
Coming Soon: One Last Game

link

I'm getting sad

You should bro, it's the end of an era no matter what some people might say... It would be a tough day for me and my bros if I was going to the game, tough indeed..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM ]
Anybody who attends the game needs to rush the field as soon as its over. For real. If enough people do it, they wont be able to stop you. Go for it!

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Anybody who attends the game needs to rush the field as soon as its over. For real. If enough people do it, they wont be able to stop you. Go for it!

++ I'm thinking they might allow it, unless they have some function going on after the game on the field. All the lower east stands empty right down onto the field, I always left after a game right onto the field..easy to do, I rushed the field after our win against the Cowgirls for the NFCC and was right in front of Eddie D when he was presented with the NFC Halas Champ trophy..It can...........be done.....GO FOR IT!! Get some grass to grow at your home!
Possibly the most history filled sports venue of all time if you factor in the full time multiple sports factor. The greatest player in baseball history called it home, as well as the 2 greatest players in football history. Hosted the most Monday Night Football games of all time, 8 NFC Championship games, 2 World Series', 2 MLB All-Star games, The Catch, The 89 earthquake, the final Beatles concert, the greatest regular season comeback in history, and 2nd greatest playoff comeback in history, etc.

Sad to see it go. I wish there was a way to turn it into a museum, but real estate is too valuable in SF.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Possibly the most history filled sports venue of all time if you factor in the full time multiple sports factor. The greatest player in baseball history called it home, as well as the 2 greatest players in football history. Hosted the most Monday Night Football games of all time, 8 NFC Championship games, 2 World Series', 2 MLB All-Star games, The Catch, The 89 earthquake, the final Beatles concert, the greatest regular season comeback in history, and 2nd greatest playoff comeback in history, etc.

Sad to see it go. I wish there was a way to turn it into a museum, but real estate is too valuable in SF.

At the least "they" should have done a complete makeover, closed it down for a year or whatever, played at Stanford and cam back with a "state of the art (sic) stadium to appease stadium whiners, done deal. Would have been cheaper than any other alternative and kept alive the field legacy of The San Francisco 49ers, not any god damned Santa Clara 49ers.. But NO... it could have been utterly cool and everyone gets the best of both worlds; new/like new stadium and the hollowed ground of the old Stick.. whaawwww I can't stand it, I'm gonna buy a pint of gin and drink it while I watch the final game in the morning here and try to block this $hit out somewhat...good frickin luck eh bros?
Thank you Candlestick for all the good/bad memories! Will never forget about you, its time to make new ones at LEVI's.
^^^ The problem with that is that access still would have sucked. That is the worst part about that place is the location and access by car. Lost weeks worth of time getting in and out of there.
Giants should let the A's move in & play there...:do an Anaheim-style baseball-only reconfiguration/renovation

Agree to share the whole Bay Area equitably like the other 2-team markets

Yup the "California Athletics"
My first 49ers game at Candlestick was in 1976 when the team's coach was Monte Clark, the running back was Delvin Williams and the QB was Norm Sneed. When I started going regularly was the rough patch from 77-80, and I was blessed to grow up going to the games during the golden years. I was in attendance at the Catch game with my brother. The temporary bleachers behind the Cowboys bench was rocking and rolling like a thunder storm. I saw Clark's figure cut across a sea of bobbing and craned heads, and then an eruption of arms and total euphoria. So many great games and Hall of Fame talent washed away all of the futility of the 70s where the annual battle cry was Wait 'Til Next Year. Saw Young's crazy run against the Vikings, Montana's comeback from back surgery, Rice's catch to top Jim Brown, utter destruction of the Rams in the '89 Championship Game, the most bitter memory -- Roger Craig fumbling against the Giants to lose a chance at a Three-peat, and getting back over the hump with Deion Sanders and a revamped D against Dallas in 1994. Also, the Catch II I enjoyed with my girlfriend who became my wife. Thank you, Dad, for the tickets. Thank you Niners and Candlestick for all of the awesome memories. Probably the best run in the history of team sports. Get 'er done one more time fellas. Wake up the echoes. Go Niners!

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Probably the best run in the history of team sports.

That would have to go the the Celtics, as much as I hate to admit it.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Probably the best run in the history of team sports.

That would have to go the the Celtics, as much as I hate to admit it.

eh football is so much harder to be a dynasty, in my opinion.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Im happy to have gotten to visit the stick. My first and last time i went to was the beginning of the harbaugh era, when they beat the seahags in harbaugh's first game as coach :)
Hawks fan here....... I know. I know. Just gimmie a second.

As a huge fan of the game (not just my Hawks) I wanted to pay a little respect for this game. So many football greats have graced that field and your franchise. I'm definitely not one of the Hawks fans who has no respect for the history of the 49er's and Candlestick. Hawks fans can only hope to one day have a taste of what you guys have had over the years and hopefully we are at least on the right track now.

Here's looking forward to a GREAT playoff's this year! I wish we could meet in the SB! I think we are easily the 2 best teams in the league.

Congrats and enjoy the game this weekend. I for one will be watching and just wanted to pay some respect.

Poor Atlanta. :)
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
^^^ The problem with that is that access still would have sucked. That is the worst part about that place is the location and access by car. Lost weeks worth of time getting in and out of there.

Like Santa Clara will be any easier they cant even play Monday or Thursday night games there cause they cant figure out the traffic situation.
Share 49ersWebzone