LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 432 users in the forums

Callin it right now: 49ers are gonna win the division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Two things:

1) Plenty of us have "been calling it" for a few weeks and are still believing. I'll admit I believed a little less after they beat NO, BUT I still think we'll do it. Eli and Arizona or even St Louis can pull the upset, especially if Eli wins this week, they will just collapse..

2) Even if we do win the division, and even if we do get Seattle at home, we didn't exactly smother them.. I mean even at home it's not a sure ticket to the superbowl (even if i think we will get there and win it)
They're always going to hold it over us that we can't win in Seattle. I just think it would be cool if we did it in a championship game. Maybe that's just me. If we win the superbowl but didn't go through seattle, it wouldn't seem as great an accomplishment.
Everyone has been telling the Seahawks that they have the #1 seed wrapped up. The reality here is they only need to win two of their last three games to wrap homefield up.

The sharps in Vegas have been pounding the Giants this week because they feel the Giants will at least keep it close. This is the biggest game on their schedule and they have some vets on the team, so there's a solid chance the Giants will give them a game. I feel there's a decent chance that the Seahawks are thinking they have room for error because they're going back home for their last two games.

But here's the problem -- if the Seahawks lose to the Giants then they have to win their last two games against the Rams and Cards. One more loss and the Niners get the division by virtue of a better division record (assuming they beat the Cards in the last game -- that's an assumption I can't make right now). Since the first Seahawks v. Cards game, the Cards have gone 5-1 and have outscored their opponents by 76 points. They're likely going to be on a 6-1 run heading into the Week 16 game @ Seattle. I don't think that is a very good matchup for the Cards because Carson Palmer is a turnover machine and the results of the first game showed that matchup problem. But with that defense and the few weapons they have on offense, I think they still have a chance.

This may mean something or it doesn't, but the Seahawks played poorly over a stretch of around six games earlier this year. The second game in that stretch was a loss and then they proceeded to only beat the crappy Titans at home the next week by a 7 points. They then played well against the Cards on the road, but then struggled through two more games. Atlanta has been the ultimate slump buster and the Seahawks got up for that game because of what happened in the playoffs last year. Since then, they have played well up until the loss to the Niners this past weekend.

I certainly wouldn't bet on the Seahawks losing two games out of the next three. I really, really wouldn't bet on it if they beat the Giants on Sunday. There's simply no way they'll lose two division games at home two weeks in a row. But there's a plausible scenario here in which they could lose to the veteran team on a long road trip in a 10am start. Especially when that veteran team in the past few seasons has been known to play its best against the best teams in the league. Then they can lose to a team that's on a 6-1 run with a top 10 defense the following week.
Is Seattle losing to either the Giants or the Cards any more strange than the Broncos losing at home to the 6-7 Chargers on a short week? But the key here is that I think the Seahawks losing to both the Giants AND Cards WOULD be stranger than the Broncos losing to the Chargers last night.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Everyone has been telling the Seahawks that they have the #1 seed wrapped up. The reality here is they only need to win two of their last three games to wrap homefield up.

The sharps in Vegas have been pounding the Giants this week because they feel the Giants will at least keep it close. This is the biggest game on their schedule and they have some vets on the team, so there's a solid chance the Giants will give them a game. I feel there's a decent chance that the Seahawks are thinking they have room for error because they're going back home for their last two games.

But here's the problem -- if the Seahawks lose to the Giants then they have to win their last two games against the Rams and Cards. One more loss and the Niners get the division by virtue of a better division record (assuming they beat the Cards in the last game -- that's an assumption I can't make right now). Since the first Seahawks v. Cards game, the Cards have gone 5-1 and have outscored their opponents by 76 points. They're likely going to be on a 6-1 run heading into the Week 16 game @ Seattle. I don't think that is a very good matchup for the Cards because Carson Palmer is a turnover machine and the results of the first game showed that matchup problem. But with that defense and the few weapons they have on offense, I think they still have a chance.

This may mean something or it doesn't, but the Seahawks played poorly over a stretch of around six games earlier this year. The second game in that stretch was a loss and then they proceeded to only beat the crappy Titans at home the next week by a 7 points. They then played well against the Cards on the road, but then struggled through two more games. Atlanta has been the ultimate slump buster and the Seahawks got up for that game because of what happened in the playoffs last year. Since then, they have played well up until the loss to the Niners this past weekend.

I certainly wouldn't bet on the Seahawks losing two games out of the next three. I really, really wouldn't bet on it if they beat the Giants on Sunday. There's simply no way they'll lose two division games at home two weeks in a row. But there's a plausible scenario here in which they could lose to the veteran team on a long road trip in a 10am start. Especially when that veteran team in the past few seasons has been known to play its best against the best teams in the league. Then they can lose to a team that's on a 6-1 run with a top 10 defense the following week.
Is Seattle losing to either the Giants or the Cards any more strange than the Broncos losing at home to the 6-7 Chargers on a short week? But the key here is that I think the Seahawks losing to both the Giants AND Cards WOULD be stranger than the Broncos losing to the Chargers last night.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

You're a damn right. They laid the foundation for Dick in a Box.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

You're a damn right. They laid the foundation for Dick in a Box.

Baby making music
derp
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM ]
It would take a miracle for the rams to beat the hawks in seattle. Maybe the cards, but not the rams.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
It would take a miracle for the rams to beat the hawks in seattle. Maybe the cards, but not the rams.

Lets be real....it will take a miracle for the 'hawks to lose 2 out of 3 and the Niners to win out.

Its nice to think about, but it ain't gonna happen.
SEA has two games at home. There's no way they'll lose to either ARZ or STL at home. I wouldn't mind going to SEA in the division round.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
SEA has two games at home. There's no way they'll lose to either ARZ or STL at home. I wouldn't mind going to SEA in the division round.

It can happen. They almost lost a few at home this year and both of those teams have good defenses. The key is this weekend against the NYG. If they drop one somehow then the last two weeks are going to be really fun and puts intense pressure on SEA, especially the way they have been running their mouths as if they are mowing through teams and the super bowl was a given. Even though a lot of their wins are by the skin of their teeth.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I won't be surprised if NYG beat them this weekend.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I would love to see Carroll pee his pants if they blew the #1 seed.

Man i'd love to watch the sub-par northwest meltdown if that happens.

Imagine the .nut threads. lolol
Originally posted by socalniner:
They're always going to hold it over us that we can't win in Seattle. I just think it would be cool if we did it in a championship game. Maybe that's just me. If we win the superbowl but didn't go through seattle, it wouldn't seem as great an accomplishment.

we can say the same about them. they havent beaten us at home since 2007 i think. this series is pretty even. they got us a few times really bad lately but that was in their house and we were far from being 100% healthy. the refs are calling them a little more for their b******t holding calls so who knows. they didnt run away from us til the 4th qtr in week two. if we have to go up there things will be way different
Originally posted by mayo49:
I would love to see Carroll pee his pants if they blew the #1 seed.

God, what a sight to behold would that be! So let it be said, so let it be written.... NINIERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone